new patch killing wvw

PropertyOfSBI.5632

What have you done to the game, seriously been trying to play all night and everytime i hit a lord or near even a friendly zerg getting killed with lag that makes me NEED to quit the game. this is BS. and before you say its my PC, its not cuz i can play any other game on my PC perfectly. Serious step it up ANET cuz your killing the best game mode you have going for you. WvW is the life blood of GW2. The amount of WvW'ers that still pve is quit a bit, ive seen WvW guilds even start raiding just for an activity since WvW is so trash. FIX IT

Just words I heard circling among my guilds and friends. Stuttering in crowded areas especially Divinity Reach, entering combat, freezes and game crashes in fractals etc.

Symtoms seem to fit and removing arc seems to fixed the problem(probably needs an update). If removing arc doesn't help, then its another underlying problem for this case.

Couple of friends who had the same issue solved it by removing arcDPS. (I dont use it so i had no issues)While tolerated (or at least ignored) by Anet this add-on is not supported. This usually happens after each patch btw - one of the reasons i never installed it.Friends who use it fully expect new version to be available soon, that was the usual reaction after patchs so far.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:This post reminds me of the mesmer forum in pve, mainly the "they nerfed my class, ima leave the game"FB was nerfed. Necessarily? Maybe. Is it unplayable? Far from it. And please, please stop with the "but scourge, the bane of wvw, wasnt nerfed"I will remind you the increase of cooldown in all shade skills (50%), the Dhuumfire nerf, the big shade nerf (it had its cooldown from 10s increased to 30s). Did necro players complain? They sure did. Did they adapt? Yes they did. Because it all came down from mindless shade spamming to tactical big shade+shroud activation. Spam big shades, you wont have any to place during a bomb. Spam shroud, you will have to wait 30s to place it in a bomb. Hell, in current meta (pre 11-12 patch) necros didnt even take soulreap line, for the 20% decrease in cooldown of shroud skills.Spellbreaker also has WoD nerfed. Still necessary.Minstrel mesmer boonshare was nerfed. Let's admit it, that class combined with firebrand was heavy Boonspamming machine. Tome 3 had 42s cd, much less with conversion of chill to alacrity, so you could just spam spam spam (and that is why the game has scourges and spellbreakers).TL;dr you will adapt. Scourges did. Spellbreakers did. Apart from the class imbalances, wvw suffers (in my opinion, much more) heavily from population imbalance and the frustration that comes with it. Hope to see you on the borderlands!

Did you even read the post? It's about horrible stuttering and framerate lag in WvW, not the meta lol

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:This post reminds me of the mesmer forum in pve, mainly the "they nerfed my class, ima leave the game"FB was nerfed. Necessarily? Maybe. Is it unplayable? Far from it. And please, please stop with the "but scourge, the bane of wvw, wasnt nerfed"I will remind you the increase of cooldown in all shade skills (50%), the Dhuumfire nerf, the big shade nerf (it had its cooldown from 10s increased to 30s). Did necro players complain? They sure did. Did they adapt? Yes they did. Because it all came down from mindless shade spamming to tactical big shade+shroud activation. Spam big shades, you wont have any to place during a bomb. Spam shroud, you will have to wait 30s to place it in a bomb. Hell, in current meta (pre 11-12 patch) necros didnt even take soulreap line, for the 20% decrease in cooldown of shroud skills.Spellbreaker also has WoD nerfed. Still necessary.Minstrel mesmer boonshare was nerfed. Let's admit it, that class combined with firebrand was heavy Boonspamming machine. Tome 3 had 42s cd, much less with conversion of chill to alacrity, so you could just spam spam spam (and that is why the game has scourges and spellbreakers).TL;dr you will adapt. Scourges did. Spellbreakers did. Apart from the class imbalances, wvw suffers (in my opinion, much more) heavily from population imbalance and the frustration that comes with it. Hope to see you on the borderlands!

Did you even read the post? It's about horrible stuttering and framerate lag in WvW, not the meta lol

I wish I could ‘thumbs up’ or ‘helpful’ this 10 times....

use third party apps, get third partied. and even you're not doing anything risky, they gonn still get in like disabling your sound or hijacking your shutdown button (on windows 10). if that happens, that means you're a big deal to this nubsh1tters. all you have to do is let them be and f@cking watch their "movements". and how do you trap? you effin let them in. and effin who is the CEO of Microsoft? so yea.

so indeed, there is the famous, and the meta-famous.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

OH hell, I commented on the wrong post! My bad!

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:This post reminds me of the mesmer forum in pve, mainly the "they nerfed my class, ima leave the game"FB was nerfed. Necessarily? Maybe. Is it unplayable? Far from it. And please, please stop with the "but scourge, the bane of wvw, wasnt nerfed"I will remind you the increase of cooldown in all shade skills (50%), the Dhuumfire nerf, the big shade nerf (it had its cooldown from 10s increased to 30s). Did necro players complain? They sure did. Did they adapt? Yes they did. Because it all came down from mindless shade spamming to tactical big shade+shroud activation. Spam big shades, you wont have any to place during a bomb. Spam shroud, you will have to wait 30s to place it in a bomb. Hell, in current meta (pre 11-12 patch) necros didnt even take soulreap line, for the 20% decrease in cooldown of shroud skills.Spellbreaker also has WoD nerfed. Still necessary.Minstrel mesmer boonshare was nerfed. Let's admit it, that class combined with firebrand was heavy Boonspamming machine. Tome 3 had 42s cd, much less with conversion of chill to alacrity, so you could just spam spam spam (and that is why the game has scourges and spellbreakers).TL;dr you will adapt. Scourges did. Spellbreakers did. Apart from the class imbalances, wvw suffers (in my opinion, much more) heavily from population imbalance and the frustration that comes with it. Hope to see you on the borderlands!

OH hell, I commented on the wrong post! My bad!

That’s my downfall normally.. :smile:

Archived