please remove the 5 limit use on star of gratitude

Hitman.5829

I have over 15 stacks of empyreal fragments, and most of the time I even forget to use it on a daily basis.I don't see what is the point of having 5 uses daily. The rewards it gives are trash, and the only usefull thing it does is to get rid off the annoying empyreal fragments occupying space in your bank. Let us use it any times to consume any amount of emypreal fragments.

Move all the shards and the star onto a character you don't use often and make logging into them and using the star 5 times part of your routine when you first log in. Once you've cleared the backlog you can just use it as and wgen you need to.

And if you get them so fast you're never going to clear them all or it's not worth doing that you can always just delete the extras. You can always get more if you do need them.

@Dante.1763 said:You get 5 uses out of yours? mine only lets me do four.

I think (theory anyway) it goes off account age with 5 being the max. One of my alts was only able to do 3 uses until recently being promoted to 4, which coincides with the account age, but my main has been able to do 5 for quite some time and it's a 6 year old account.

But, really who knows, maybe it's just luck in my case, I typically fill up on emp about the same time on all accounts so its quite obvious something is at play when I clear a stack on one account and only clear 150 on another account everytime I try it.

@Hitman.5829 said:I have over 15 stacks of empyreal fragments, and most of the time I even forget to use it on a daily basis.I don't see what is the point of having 5 uses daily. The rewards it gives are trash, and the only usefull thing it does is to get rid off the annoying empyreal fragments occupying space in your bank. Let us use it any times to consume any amount of emypreal fragments.

You can craft condi food with it, or also use it with Gleam of Sentience

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Given that the materials these gobblers eat are account bound, it does raise the question of why they have limits at all? If players are getting too many rewards from the gobbler, that's an indication that the stars/ore/dust drops too frequently....Or it might just be an indication that the player farms a specific kind of content way above what ANet expects players to do. Go play something else, and you might suddenly get more bloodstone dust or dragonite ore, which you can feed to different feeders that have individual limits.

Unless there is a sizeable group that daily feed the available feeders and still accumulates more of all three materials than they can use up there isn't really a case for ANet to change anything. They put those materials on different kinds of content so people who want to craft ascended are motivated to play different kinds of content (in a way it is similar to legendary, where you have to do all kinds of content for your materials, too). The eaters were an afterthought for people who had already filled all their ascended needs, but they were never meant as a serious source of loot. If you feel the need to "get more", branch out and seek different kinds of content that comes with different loot.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Given that the materials these gobblers eat are account bound, it does raise the question of why they have limits at all? If players are getting too many rewards from the gobbler, that's an indication that the stars/ore/dust drops too frequently....Or it might just be an indication that the player farms a specific kind of content way above what ANet expects players to do. Go play something else, and you might suddenly get more bloodstone dust or dragonite ore, which you can feed to different feeders that have individual limits.

Unless there is a sizeable group that daily feed the available feeders and still accumulates more of all three materials than they can use up there isn't really a case for ANet to change anything. They put those materials on different kinds of content so people who want to craft ascended are motivated to play different kinds of content (in a way it is similar to legendary, where you have to do all kinds of content for your materials, too). The eaters were an afterthought for people who had already filled all their ascended needs, but they were never meant as a serious source of loot. If you feel the need to "get more", branch out and seek different kinds of content that comes with different loot.

Come on, who farms empyreal fragments of bloodlust? Those rewards are so abundant that every player gets them in any game mode by the thousands. You also are overwhelmed by them when you open trick bags in Halloween or gifts in wintersday.

I don't think there is a single player in GW2 that will say "Oh, today i am going to farm empyreal fragments..."

@Hitman.5829 said:

Come on, who farms empyreal fragments of bloodlust? Those rewards are so abundant that every player gets them in any game mode by the thousands. You also are overwhelmed by them when you open trick bags in Halloween or gifts in wintersday.

I don't think there is a single player in GW2 that will say "Oh, today i am going to farm empyreal fragments..."

I have found myself low on Empyreal Fragments and thus farming Ember Bay, Draconis Mons and Sandswept Isles. This was however not the point of Rasimir's post. They stated that if you get so much of one specific material, take that as a nudge to diversify what content you play, getting a more even spread of materials, thus spreading the eating to different gobblers.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Given that the materials these gobblers eat are account bound, it does raise the question of why they have limits at all? If players are getting too many rewards from the gobbler, that's an indication that the stars/ore/dust drops too frequently....

Maybe without a limit people would stop contributing to their guilds material efforts?

Also, vision crystals drop from them.

Archived