Never should have gotten rid of town clothes.

Am I the only one that misses the old "Town Clothes" option? A set of clothes you could equip like armour in a seperate tab that would equip like a costume whenever you were in town.

Ok, sure, they now have these "endless [town clothes name] tonic" That lasts for 15 minutes. What if I'm in town for more than bloody 15 minutes? Got to keep reapplying my town clothes? Why the hell is this better? Just add new town clothes to the wardrobe and change them as you want. Don't force me to use a tonic that I can't dye, have to specifically activate and have to keep reapplying if I'm in town for more than 15 minutes.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and all the endless clothing tonics are a few hundred gold. The few I saw just now were 250g - 500g - That's not cheap.Besides, even if I bought some and exchanged for an outfit, that still means I have to specifically open my hero panel and equip it every time I go to town.

Well, the outfit can be worn even in combat. Common clothing tonic is the default town clothing. The town clothing we all started with way back when. And 179g isn't that expensive, considering how easy it is to make gold in GW2.

And yes, profanity is not allowed on forums. It is stated in the forum rules.

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:You seem weirdly hostile about something that isn't really that big of a deal.

Not hostile no, just disappointed at the change and annoyed at being told "just go buy it"

@spartan.9421 said:Well, the outfit can be worn even in combat. Common clothing tonic is the default town clothing. The town clothing we all started with way back when. And 179g isn't that expensive, considering how easy it is to make gold in GW2.

And yes, profanity is not allowed on forums. It is stated in the forum rules.

Dude, I'm struggling to stay above 200. So yea, it's a lot. Maybe you been playing/grinding so long you got thousands. Me? Barely anything.And sure, the town clothes outfit can be worn in combat... You're clearly missing the point of town clothes. And while the Common clothing tonic is the default we all started with, I know I used to have one or two of the other's also. I specifically went and purchased them when I found the one I wanted on each toon.

Well, if it helps, every black lion chest contains a statuette which can be traded in for stuff. Outfits are regularly offered. The premium outfits go for 60 statuettes, but they have offered the town clothes ones for (I think) 30 statuettes each in the past. So you might want to do some heavy key farming and save up statuettes.

Since you have apparently recently returned after a long absence, here is how key farming works:Once a week, you can play a Level 10 character through the Level 10 personal story and get a free key. (Keys are also given at the beginning of Level 40 story and at the end of Level 60 story, if you want to put in that much effort.) You can also get free keys from map completion: completely explore one non-city map and you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting a key for it. They also very rarely drop from a kill.

Thanks for the help @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015", Though I did know about the keys. And while it might be nice to regain some of the outfits in the past, it's not about that. It's about the fact that they took away that mechanic in the first place. It's not like it was in the way, or interfered with anything else. Even with the current changes they could have easily just kept the town clothes tab as a separate entity, just one more tab to add to the plethora we now have. I mean, mail carrier tab? glider tab? Outfit tab? I really feel they could have condenced all of these into a simple "Cosmetics" Category or "Wardrobe" as is and hed them all in the same place inside drop down tabs like the dye lists in the dye tab.

Take each and every one of your old characters to a Black Lion Trader (Armorsmith).

When they made the change, any character wearing town clothes was unable to access them (the tab was simply gone). But the BLT was able to tell what you had equipped there, and give you the tonics and/or hat skins that matched those items. If any of your characters still have town clothes on, and if that function is still there (I would assume it is, but I'm not able to check), then you may get some tonics out of it. And then, of course, take the tonics to be traded for the outfit versions.

@Automaton.2751 said:Oh, and all the endless clothing tonics are a few hundred gold. The few I saw just now were 250g - 500g - That's not cheap.

They, too, were turned into outfits that you can acquire cheaply now. Please use the GW2 Wiki to read up on stuff before complaining about things.

P.S. You deleted all your old characters to start over from scratch? Ouch. For the annual birthday awards alone that was a not so smart move. :/

I just got me a Common Clothing Outfit (the one transformed from tonic to outfit) , but now my question is.... how do you save it into your wardrobe (either as costume or skin I do not see it and I am scared that if I use it, it will be gone later on as I like using also other outfits)?

@Aaralyna.3104 said:I just got me a Common Clothing Outfit (the one transformed from tonic to outfit) , but now my question is.... how do you save it into your wardrobe (either as costume or skin I do not see it and I am scared that if I use it, it will be gone later on as I like using also other outfits)?

As with any Outfit, you should be able to click on it and bring up an option to store in your wardrobe. Select that option. It will disappear when you do so and be in your wardrobe with the other outfits for free use.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Aaralyna.3104 said:I just got me a Common Clothing Outfit (the one transformed from tonic to outfit) , but now my question is.... how do you save it into your wardrobe (either as costume or skin I do not see it and I am scared that if I use it, it will be gone later on as I like using also other outfits)?

As with any Outfit, you should be able to click on it and bring up an option to store in your wardrobe. Select that option. It will disappear when you do so and be in your wardrobe with the other outfits for free use.

I thought so too. But there is only option use or destroy. Thats why im asking here as there must be plenty that got the same clothing (and perhaps it ended in wardrobe for them). Im scared to click on use as idk if that consumes it without going wardrobe. Or if its a bug like with choirbell instrument where you had to click equip, unequip and then could add to novelties. I just like to know certain before i click something, so question is still open...

@Aaralyna.3104 said:

I thought so too. But there is only option use or destroy. Thats why im asking here as there must be plenty that got the same clothing (and perhaps it ended in wardrobe for them). Im scared to click on use as idk if that consumes it without going wardrobe. Or if its a bug like with choirbell instrument where you had to click equip, unequip and then could add to novelties. I just like to know certain before i click something, so question is still open...

Well, if it’s the common outfit it’s only about 5 silver if there is a mishap. I have one already in my wardrobe so I can’t check on it myself.

@Talindra.4958 said:I used to have some town cloth too.. and bought them off gemstore too in the very early stage.. but lost it somehow.. I don't remember what happen .. if I got the tonic and didn't know how to change it and deleted it idk.. but I wish I still have it

I deleted my Baseball Cap before Town Clothes became armor skin...

RIP