Congrats to the first players to reach 39k AP and getting the Radiant or Hellfire Backguard skin

Link to LeaderboardsEU: https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/achievementsNA: https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/achievements

Original thread (I am not the original poster):

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/aelvk6/congrats_to_the_first_players_to_reach_39k_ap_and/On EU servers three players have reached 39k AP right now, with more to get there in the coming days I suppose. Despite the flaws of the AP system it's still an impressive feat. Gz to you guys and I hope getting to 42k AP for the second backguard won't take too long!

Radiant Backguard Video:

!!

!

For what it's worth, 10 NA players have over 38.5k AP, which means six months to hit 39k at worst (if they are still playing, since two more LS episodes will do the trick).

In EU, there are already four (the original three plus another one around the time I first posted). And there are 15 more players with over 38.5k.

So should be at least 30 players with enough AP for one of the skins by mid 2019, if not well before.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:For what it's worth, 10 NA players have over 38.5k AP, which means six months to hit 39k at worst (if they are still playing, since two more LS episodes will do the trick).

In EU, there are already four (the original three plus another one around the time I first posted). And there are 15 more players with over 38.5k.

So should be at least 30 players with enough AP for one of the skins by mid 2019, if not well before.

Pretty depressing to think that the time that was spent on these art assets will only be realized by a small group of players.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

only 33K"only" ;)

"only" because I reached that mark after exhausting all the possible AP to gain save from any extreme grinds of 1 AP each. That means it would take me many years to get the 6k difference.

@Iris Ng.9845 said:I'm only 33K and already wanted to give up AAAAAAAAA.... Congrats!

Well I've passed 9k so far.

That means you really have many goals to aim for once you have nothing else to do. I was at 20K AP after 4 years playing the game, then came the content drought. So I have been playing for AP along with the dripping rate of playable contents.

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

only 33K"only" ;)

"only" because I reached that mark after exhausting all the possible AP to gain save from any extreme grinds of 1 AP each. That means it would take me many years to get the 6k difference.

I meant that most people don't have anything close to that. So from the perspective of the community, "only 33k" is a major achievement.(I didn't mean to imply that 39k is easy to reach for you. I do mean that you should take pride in having done so much already.)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:For what it's worth, 10 NA players have over 38.5k AP, which means six months to hit 39k at worst (if they are still playing, since two more LS episodes will do the trick).

Pretty depressing to think that the time that was spent on these art assets will only be realized by a small group of players.

Just think about how many art prototypes Anet creates that never make it into the game. Two mediocre backpacks is nothing compared to it.

I meant that most people don't have anything close to that. So from the perspective of the community, "only 33k" is a major achievement.(I didn't mean to imply that 39k is easy to reach for you. I do mean that you should take pride in having done so much already.)

Oh, I'm proud of what I did by myself and I enjoy the process of clearing a checklist one after another. That sense of rewarding is more important to me than the extra AP rewards. I'm just bitter that even if I strive to gain AP, there is still a huge amount of AP that I've missed and so limited goals to aim for at this point.

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

@Iris Ng.9845 said:I'm only 33K and already wanted to give up AAAAAAAAA.... Congrats!

Well I've passed 9k so far.

That means you really have many goals to aim for once you have nothing else to do. I was at 20K AP after 4 years playing the game, then came the content drought. So I have been playing for AP along with the dripping rate of playable contents.

Oh definitely, though I'm not so much interested in chasing AP as much as doing things like collections. Unfortunately ArenaNet ruined all my current plans because they finally released a Legendary weapon that I like. So this will keep me busy for months probably. The sheer amount of elder wood, mystic coins, amalgamated gemstones and still having to get one more tier in the legendary mastery that takes 9 mastery points are somewhat daunting, but I'm sure I'll eventually find a way hehe. That won't get me much AP in the meantime I'm sure hehe.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

It would be nice if we players were afforded the opportunity to advance our ap reward track with more regularity . . .

Archived