So.... no balance patch today?

It was stated last month that players "may want to avoid" changing gear. It was implied that several professions were going to get balance updates. Is there any word on when this balance will happen? Other than spending 2 hours playing the new episode and exploring Thunderhead, I haven't had the motivation to return to the game. As a player who has yet to experience a raid, I really need the balance to come through so I know what to put on my Engi and Necro. If I do it now I'm worried I'll have spent currency and materials for nothing.

@"Saint Sated.2698" said:It was stated last month that players "may want to avoid" changing gear.This is almost certainly due to the release of Diviner's gear into PvE, which allowed various boon support builds to shift into doing more damage without having to constantly worry about having too much toughness, which is used in the aggro mechanic calculations for several raid bosses and general PvE mobs.

Boon duration was the stat that was impacted most and that comment was likely aimed at people who have had to farm Commander's gear to prevent them from respeccing their gear twice. Gear with boon duration has always been quite grindy to get, and I think this was a way of warning people to not rush into another grind to avoid stress and feeling like they've been hard done by.

I wouldn't read more into it than a reference to the new gear.

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

@"Saint Sated.2698" said:It was stated last month that players "may want to avoid" changing gear.This is almost certainly due to the release of Diviner's gear into PvE, which allowed various boon support builds to shift into doing more damage without having to constantly worry about having too much toughness, which is used in the aggro mechanic calculations for several raid bosses and general PvE mobs.

Boon duration was the stat that was impacted most and that comment was likely aimed at people who have had to farm Commander's gear to prevent them from respeccing their gear twice. Gear with boon duration has always been quite grindy to get, and I think this was a way of warning people to not rush into another grind to avoid stress and feeling like they've been hard done by.

I wouldn't read more into it than a reference to the new gear.

I suppose this all could be true. I do wish it was made clearer and not left so vague. Thanks for your comment!

@"Saint Sated.2698" said:It was stated last month that players "may want to avoid" changing gear. It was implied that several professions were going to get balance updates. Is there any word on when this balance will happen? Other than spending 2 hours playing the new episode and exploring Thunderhead, I haven't had the motivation to return to the game. As a player who has yet to experience a raid, I really need the balance to come through so I know what to put on my Engi and Necro. If I do it now I'm worried I'll have spent currency and materials for nothing.

If your a dps class your fine and should be able to jump in raiding with no worry. Anets quote was talking mostly to chronos, and that in the future, they would adjust boon classes. Yes other classes will be buffed/nerfed. But chrono, renegade, firebrand will be most effected in the future.

Anet was saying that chronomancer shouldn’t be the only class to give most of the boons. So they technically squashed it. It’s still better then firebrand/renegade. However we do not know what Anet will do In the future.

Balance patches happen every few months. I assume each time around the new pvp tournament is launched. So pvp builds are also nerfed/buffed. But could be wrong.

As of this time. Your engi and necro should be fine. Engi and necro haven’t been effected like chrono has. I use an engi and still swamp most people in damage. Even if they get nerfed in future, power gear is much easier to get than boon gear. So it’s nothing to worry about. If anything, you would need to worry about rune buff/nerfs. But it’s easy to buy. So just keep extra gold on you for next patch.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:So people ask for more balance patches but then complain for about a week or so when they get them but don’t like the changes?

The game is not balanced according to players' bias, so those players demand more balance patches thinking that will change. When ANet releases new balance patchesthat inevitably fails to meet that bias, those players decry the changes and demand more balance patches.

Turning again and again, like spokes on a wheel. All the while, it's grinding innocent NPCs under it... Does anyone have the strength to break the wheel?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:So people ask for more balance patches but then complain for about a week or so when they get them but don’t like the changes?

Not only that ... see how much mesmer's cried when they got too many balance patches in a short time recently.

Or how there were players complaining that mesmers were complaining. Actually, I think they already said someplace that the next patch would come out a little later. mmm but a can't seem to find a link or where I read that. I think I just got it from here.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66610/balance-patch#latest

@Xstein.2187 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:So people ask for more balance patches but then complain for about a week or so when they get them but don’t like the changes?

Not only that ... see how much mesmer's cried when they got too many balance patches in a short time recently.

Or how there were players complaining that mesmers were complaining.

Sure ... I mean, I think the problem here is expectations. Even with this thread. People invent their own expectations and whey they aren't ment, there is a whole spectrum of unreasonable, negative emotions. Mesmer's didn't expect so many changes in a short period of time; OP has some expectation that Anet communicates balance patch dates.

Anet didn't set a timeline, so no one should expect a balance patch on any particular day. I get that the OP simply wants to know when, but then again, we know these balance patches are semi-random in nature. Basically, answer is 'you get a balance patch when you get it'.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:Hasn't Ms. Gray been posting a preview of balance changes about a week before the recent balance patches? Assuming that continues, there is no reason to expect a balance patch until the preview shows up.

Normally that'd be the case, but that's not what was being asked about.

The previous set of notes had a disclaimer about gear specifically and for people not to panic rush to swap sets. I think what's being asked is for some clarity on that situation specifically.

It would be nice to have that confirmation to be fair. If the most recent stats are the end of that cycle then the users have all the information they need. If however that is not the case then people would like to know that there's more stat choices coming.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:Hasn't Ms. Gray been posting a preview of balance changes about a week before the recent balance patches? Assuming that continues, there is no reason to expect a balance patch until the preview shows up.

Normally that'd be the case, but that's not what was being asked about.

The previous set of notes had a disclaimer about gear specifically and for people not to panic rush to swap sets. I think what's being asked is for some clarity on that situation specifically.

It would be nice to have that confirmation to be fair. If the most recent stats are the end of that cycle then the users have all the information they need. If however that is not the case then people would like to know that there's more stat choices coming.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks. lol

Archived