When attacked by multiple people, Can the sixth skill be 100% successful?

huluobo.7036

Because it is unfair to be attacked by many people, many times I am disturbed by many people and cannot successfully press the sixth skill. If this is a 1vs1 attack, I have no complaints. Being bullied by many people and causing 6 skills to fail, I am very wronged, I don't want to die so fast, at least I want to struggle for a while before I die.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:How is it "unfair" to be attacked by multiple people in PvP or WvW? There are all sorts of reasons you might not be able to pull off a healing skill (not all of which depend on being attacked by multiple foes). And there are various things you can do to block/avoid attacks while healing.

Some players are proficient in using interrupts. In fact, I am already very experienced. I am not a newbie. After being attacked, it is almost impossible to press the sixth skill. The sixth skill cast time after dodge is only 1 second, but for life and death. 1 second is still too long,

@Mbelch.9028 said:All is vain.

But really, Xv1s are intended to be difficult. You need to learn how to rotate well, heal with stability or LOS to create space. Just keep practicing, watching videos/streams from good players.

I'm never for making a heal guaranteed for free.

When attacked by many people, you can't grasp the timing, you can't press the skill and you can only wait for death. One cannot cope with the number of interruptions of many people.

@huluobo.7036 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:How is it "unfair" to be attacked by multiple people in PvP or WvW? There are all sorts of reasons you might not be able to pull off a healing skill (not all of which depend on being attacked by multiple foes). And there are various things you can do to block/avoid attacks while healing.

Some players are proficient in using interrupts. In fact, I am already very experienced. I am not a newbie. After being attacked, it is almost impossible to press the sixth skill. The sixth skill cast time after dodge is only 1 second, but for life and death. 1 second is still too long,

Then the problem is tactical, not mechanical. If you are consistently so outnumbered that you can't heal, then change your gear, build, or try not to get caught so often.

@huluobo.7036 said:

I've never seen an experienced player call the heal skill "the sixth skill". Anyway:

• What do you mean "The sixth skill cast time after dodge is only 1 second"? You do realize dodging doesn't affect the heal skill's cast time right? Also you also know different heal skills have different cast times right? For example Rev's Infuse Light is an instant cast skill.
  • It's not unfair at all. Given equal skill levels I would expect to lose a 1v2 - and it totally makes sense. You gotta be better than both to win such a fight.
  • Lastly if you can't then don't fight outnumbered. Kite, run away, don't engage if there are more than you can't handle. There's nothing shameful about surviving to fight another day.

@derd.6413 said:here's an idea: don't fight multiple ppl at once if you don't have the skills to pull it off rather then ask anet to add systems that reward ppl for playing poorly

You don't understand the meaning of the battle, stick to it, and fight for other opportunities for your teammates. Don't play pvp if you are afraid of death.

@idolin.2831 said:

I've never seen an experienced player call the heal skill "the sixth skill". Anyway:
  • What do you mean "The sixth skill cast time after dodge is only 1 second"? You do realize dodging doesn't affect the heal skill's cast time right? Also you also know different heal skills have different cast times right? For example Rev's Infuse Light is an instant cast skill.
  • It's not unfair at all. Given equal skill levels I would expect to lose a 1v2 - and it totally makes sense. You gotta be better than both to win such a fight.
  • Lastly if you can't then don't fight outnumbered. Kite, run away, don't engage if there are more than you can't handle. There's nothing shameful about surviving to fight another day.

The number of times you play pvp is still too small. You have not experienced fierce battles, pvp should be a very simple game for you.

@huluobo.7036 said:

@derd.6413 said:here's an idea: don't fight multiple ppl at once if you don't have the skills to pull it off rather then ask anet to add systems that reward ppl for playing poorly

You don't understand the meaning of the battle, stick to it, and fight for other opportunities for your teammates. Don't play pvp if you are afraid of death.

So fight no matter how many enemies you're playing against? Don't play pvp if you're afraid of death? Welp, go ahead and play however you want, you're braver than me. I'm done lol.

@huluobo.7036 said:

Or play smarter and tactically retreat when the situation calls for it.

Bravery doesn’t win battles.Knowledge does.

@huluobo.7036 said:

i know the meaning of battle, but i also understand that a good player picks their battles and that throwing away your life helps no one, because you can't do anything to help your team when you're dead. i also understand that rewarding ppl for doing stupid things, like fighting 4 ppl on their own with no plan, shouldn't be rewarded

An alternative suggestion would be diminishing returns on CC skills like in other MMOs, but chaining skills is part of build and ally synergy. There is no reason to give everyone free sustain in xv1 situations rendering good team coordination useless. Besides the game already has enough surivability options for you to cover your heal and keep trying no matter what class you play.

But realistically what is being asked here is a no. If you are getting Xv1ed and you can't handle it for whatever reason you choose to blame, then odds are you deserve to die, and they deserve the kill.

@huluobo.7036 said:Because it is unfair to be attacked by many people, many times I am disturbed by many people and cannot successfully press the sixth skill. If this is a 1vs1 attack, I have no complaints. Being bullied by many people and causing 6 skills to fail, I am very wronged, I don't want to die so fast, at least I want to struggle for a while before I die.

Yet if you reverse your mindset this wouldn't be fair to your opponents if you gain a free heal each time you get outnumbered.

The way to deal with this situation is by using Stability to cover your heal, kiting out of skill range, or Line of Sighting your opponent as you heal. Staying alive is more important than holding a node. A lot of the time you can hold a node neutral while kiting. If you are losing the fight anyway, just leave and rotate somewhere else. Helping a teammate somewhere else is the better option to fighting a fight you already know you are going to lose.

OP, you’re not being open to what people are telling you. Stop acting like it’s impossible to fight Xv1, even though it certainly is possible. I own a YT channel dedicated to Xv1s.... I’m nowhere near the best player, but feel free to watch if you want to improve.

@huluobo.7036 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:All is vain.

But really, Xv1s are intended to be difficult. You need to learn how to rotate well, heal with stability or LOS to create space. Just keep practicing, watching videos/streams from good players.

I'm never for making a heal guaranteed for free.

When attacked by many people, you can't grasp the timing, you can't press the skill and you can only wait for death. One cannot cope with the number of interruptions of many people.

To be fair when being attacked x-1 that little heal would not rescue u anyway....

@derd.6413 said:

i know the meaning of battle, but i also understand that a good player picks their battles and that throwing away your life helps no one, because you can't do anything to help your team when you're dead. i also understand that rewarding ppl for doing stupid things, like fighting 4 ppl on their own with no plan, shouldn't be rewarded

When you use the Necromancer pvp, you will understand that you are not playing 4 people. There are many people attacking you. You are very careful to avoid the control distance. You will not understand the feelings of the Necromancer. The Necromancer must be the first unfortunate. people.

@huluobo.7036 said:

When you use the Necromancer pvp, you will understand that you are not playing 4 people. There are many people attacking you. You are very careful to avoid the control distance. You will not understand the feelings of the Necromancer. The Necromancer must be the first unfortunate. people.

Necromancer has the advantage of huge AoE effects and some big damage and base health. You are completely right, it's heals are their disadvantage, they are either slow or ineffective - but it is healthy this way to keep necromancers in check. :wink:

The class does require a lot of positioning and prediction of enemy movements. It basically cannot disengage, has rather low stability uptimes. Most necromancer builds should always stick to some friends or kite a lot, use no-port spots and LoS to survive. Because, yeah, when you cannot control the enemy with your own skills anymore - due to CDs, dodges, invulnerabilities or whatever - you don't have that many defensive skills apart from your big ass health pool (and shroud/barriers). The class was designed like this and works, it just has this quite unique defense mechanic - none. :lol:

Heals shouldn't be just instant, interrupting important skills is a very important part of PVP. It sound like you should optimise your movement, but necro can be very rewarding and lots of fun. :smile: I always suggest to check out some videos on youtube: For necromancers I have always enjoyed watching "Hollts" for example.

Archived