Berzerker is the only HoT Spec without any Typ of rework or changes.

DanAlcedo.3281

Hi!

• Berzerker has not seen any typ of rework or changes.
  • Dragonhunter had some changes.
  • Herald had a rework.
  • Chrono had a rework.
  • Reaper got buffed alot.
  • Tempest got buffed alot.
  • Daredevil had some changes.
  • Druid had some changes.
  • Scrapper had a rework.

Sooooo.... if im correct here.Berzerker should be the next HoT Elite Spec that gets a rework.

Dragonhunter is fine but could need some attention.I dont think Daredevil needs to many changes.

Lets pray to the Balance Gods that the Berzerker is next.

Make it playable in PvP.Make the power variant playable in PvE.

@Hannelore.8153 said:What is wrong with Berserker ? The only reason people play Spellbreaker over it is boonstrip.From a PvE side, it's okayish but not that good for a DPS role. People only wants a Berserker (or a Warrior in general) for their stat boost via banners.

From a PvP side, everything in Berserker is wrong. Ok ok, maybe the minor traits in it are nice but that's about it.

I might sound negative, but although I hope they makes some positives changes, I don't think they'll even think about touching anything about Warrior because if Warrior has only one single thing that can makes them a little strong and therefore on the same level as the other classes, people will asks in massive quantity that it gets nerfed.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:What is wrong with Berserker ? The only reason people play Spellbreaker over it is boonstrip.

When was the last time you have seen a Berserker outside of Raids.Or a Power Berserker?Hybrid Berserker is viable in WvW. I've encountered a few and they were far away from being underpowered.

It's also a highly viable DPS+support spec in PvE.https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/warrior/berserker/banner/

This leaves only sPvP where I can't say anything as I did not run into the spec recently.

Power berserker was changed so much that it has been made useless everywhere. Typical Anet warrior nerfs that make no sense nowadays as Anet has released even more broken specs half a year later.

In PvP/WvW, you can form your own picture on how useful power/condi berserker is by just hopping there and play for couple of hours. In the past 12+ hours of playing WvW, I have seen around 2 berserkers, definitely much more spellbreakers and core warriors. I think this means something.

In PvE, it's just mentality of playerbase. Condi bannerserker does high dps for buffs it provides AND power bannerslave which too has relatively high dps, automatically means that warrior class in general is fine and doesn't need buffs. This seems to be average opinion among playerbase on warrior class and apparently Anet thinks that there is no need for power berserker buffs because of that. Otherwise they would have done something with it months ago. Only their communication/acts could disprove this.

People use argument that warrior has always spot in party/squad. But suddenly they ignore fact that other classes/specs can take more spots in party/squad to fill different roles at the same time, e.g. druid and soulbeast, chronomancer and mirage, dragonhunter and firebrand, tempest and weaver, etc.

Warrior is taken only because of banners. CC and EA is just a bonus. Every optimal (best for a certain situation) warrior PvE build has banners. Nerf banners even more or make them completely useless and see how useful and wanted warrior will be. If someone thinks otherwise, feel free to elaborate why do you think this is not true.

Just because warrior has optimal condi and power support/dps builds doesn't mean other builds don't need buffs/improvements (especially pure DPS builds). For this, Anet really needs to make traitlines, synergies between them and utility skills to have bigger impact on builds. Otherwise warrior can just go "DPS" with banners all the time and be "support" with high dps forever, never solving anything.But even then, there comes another issue. If Anet decides one day to nerf BS builds (their dps), what will be reward of using banner builds? Low dps with boring banner management and banner buffs that are more like additional food? What would stop people from just taking DPS role instead of banner support warrior?It was a mistake not to make banners to have some impactful, meaningful and fun-to-use skills that would be part of rotations.

I can imagine most warriors wanting to play pure DPS build after so many years of bannerhoeing. Power berserker would fit that perfectly.

@"cryorion.9532" said:Power berserker was changed so much that it has been made useless everywhere. Typical Anet warrior nerfs that make no sense nowadays as Anet has released even more broken specs half a year later.

In PvP/WvW, you can form your own picture on how useful power/condi berserker is by just hopping there and play for couple of hours. In the past 12+ hours of playing WvW, I have seen around 2 berserkers, definitely much more spellbreakers and core warriors. I think this means something.

In PvE, it's just mentality of playerbase. Condi bannerserker does high dps for buffs it provides AND power bannerslave which too has relatively high dps, automatically means that warrior class in general is fine and doesn't need buffs. This seems to be average opinion among playerbase on warrior class and apparently Anet thinks that there is no need for power berserker buffs because of that. Otherwise they would have done something with it months ago. Only their communication/acts could disprove this.

People use argument that warrior has always spot in party/squad. But suddenly they ignore fact that other classes/specs can take more spots in party/squad to fill different roles at the same time, e.g. druid and soulbeast, chronomancer and mirage, dragonhunter and firebrand, tempest and weaver, etc.

Warrior is taken only because of banners. CC and EA is just a bonus. Every optimal (best for a certain situation) warrior PvE build has banners. Nerf banners even more or make them completely useless and see how useful and wanted warrior will be. If someone thinks otherwise, feel free to elaborate why do you think this is not true.

Just because warrior has optimal condi and power support/dps builds doesn't mean other builds don't need buffs/improvements (especially pure DPS builds). For this, Anet really needs to make traitlines, synergies between them and utility skills to have bigger impact on builds. Otherwise warrior can just go "DPS" with banners all the time and be "support" with high dps forever, never solving anything.But even then, there comes another issue. If Anet decides one day to nerf BS builds (their dps), what will be reward of using banner builds? Low dps with boring banner management and banner buffs that are more like additional food? What would stop people from just taking DPS role instead of banner support warrior?It was a misatke not to make banners to have some impactful, meaningful and fun-to-use skills that would be part of rotations.

I can imagine most warriors wanting to play pure DPS build after so many years of bannerhoeing. Power berserker would fit that perfectly.

^^^This

I was NEVER a fan of banner builds and therefore can only play some "casual" level fractals because of how unwanted simple warrior are.

Also, Warrior are no longer meta everywhere; they got kicked out of meta for a while in PvP (they are truly innefficient, and really, the easiest class to kill even as a Warrior) and WvW is just not made for Warriors.

@cryorion.9532 said:I can imagine most warriors wanting to play pure DPS build after so many years of bannerhoeing. Power berserker would fit that perfectly.

Considering that the vast majority of warrior builds use defense and discipline traitlines, it would appear that one problem is that the berserker traitline isn't competitive with a core line for DPS. In general, using strength will yield better DPS than berserker. And this is why we see core warriors rather than berserkers (at least in competitive modes).

My suggestion would be to beef up the power traits so that the berserker line is somewhat stronger than the strength line (which would be fine, as strength also contains utility and survival minors).

@cryorion.9532 said:In the past 12+ hours of playing WvW, I have seen around 2 berserkers, definitely much more spellbreakers and core warriors. I think this means something.That does not mean that berserker is underpowered. That does just mean that the other two specs are stronger. And they are not just stronger, they are overpowered (esp. core warrior is just ridiculous) in that game mode.

In WvW berserker is the only balanced warrior spec.

I know this is not the thing that warrior players want to read, but I don't care.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@cryorion.9532 said:In the past 12+ hours of playing WvW, I have seen around 2 berserkers, definitely much more spellbreakers and core warriors. I think this means something.That does not mean that berserker is underpowered. That does just mean that the other two specs are stronger. And they are not just stronger, they are overpowered (esp. core warrior is just ridiculous) in that game mode.

I know this is not the thing that warrior players want to read, but I don't care.

you are completely right... warrior is super strong in wvw right now and people just play core or spellbreaker over berserker because they want easy wins. that is a fact! It is time that warrior dmg goes down by a lot. increase cds on greatsword (op whirlwind only has 8 sec cd while dealing 10k dmg and gives you a gapcloser/evade... broken) and reduce dagger f1 dmg and axe dmg overall.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Core war and spellbreaker being overpowered compared to what? Berserker or elite specs of other classes?If the former, then obviously... and if latter then oh well.So, you are saying that berserker is the only balanced warrior spec, when it is weak and underperfroming compared to other specs.

If you imply that overall powercreep in the game is huge (and that is why berserker is truly balanced as it does not excel greatly in everything - and basically in anything) then what do you expect?That Anet is going to tone down other elite specs and suddenly berserker is going to be on par with other specs? I highly doubt that. It looks more like bad excuse why not to buff berserker.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Gonna need some gloves to handle that kinda edge. Stop just comparing Warrior specs to each other. You have to include EVERY other profession in the game in that equation. Berserker (especially power) is under-performing because of the nerfs against it pre-PoF AND the powercreep of new elite specs from every profession.

@Ferus.3165 said:

you are completely right...
warrior is super strong in wvw right now and people just play core or spellbreaker over berserker because they want easy wins. that is a fact!
It is time that warrior dmg goes down by a lot. increase cds on greatsword (op whirlwind only has 8 sec cd while dealing 10k dmg and gives you a gapcloser/evade... broken) and reduce dagger f1 dmg and axe dmg overall.

No that is an opinion. Could it even be possible that some people simply enjoy the play style? I run power Berserker because I love its feel, not because it is or is not effective. Don't cry about GS3 because you stood in every hit. Axe burst is also INCREDIBLY slow and telegraphed. Duel some warriors and learn timings instead of begging for nerfs.

TL;DR Power Berserker needs help and it's a more realistic expectation to see it brought UP to the level of other specs than EVERY other profession nerfed down to our level.

Berserker is worse then core useful only as a raid condition banner boy and it is the only condition speck for warrior. Spellbreaker and core are the same build one is more about heal over time, the other is more about preventing getting damaged in the first place in pvp and in pve you only go spellbreaker to remove boons and when you dont need to you go back to core. So every time i see someone scream nerf nerf nerf warrior it shouldn't hit me with its 3/4 second cast time, is just being bad at the game in general.

I'd love to see some changes to the Berserker spec for Warrior. Every game mode i play it seems to be a general consensus that Berserker is just a weaker version of core warrior, and that you should just play either core or Sb instead. I'm really hoping that it gets some love soon, the general idea of Berserkers in games are my favorite kind of classes to play usually.

Berserker would be okay if baseline fast hands was a thing, maybe even baseline Warrior sprint. Or if it had the arms trait where you build adrenaline twice if you crit on ANY weapon. It's kinda brutal trying to play Berserker in PvP because it's VERY adrenaline hungry (you legit can't spec without trading off adrenaline gain for invulns) and skills like gunflame/decapitate needs the 100% crit chance on burst trait to be good.

Berserker F1s are good but there needs to be changes directed to adrenaline issues, ANET needs to make it a VERY attack based spec tbh.

It needs some changes aye.

For pvp/wvw:

Adrenaline generation is a big one. I like Blacktruth's idea with the adrenaline gain but I personally would be happy with 33 or 50% more adrenaline during berserk.

Then there's the durability. I feel like the warrior should become tankier the longer he's in berserker form. A berserker (in theory) fights in a trance-like fury and doesn't feel any pain while doing so. This is currently not the case ingame so here's an idea how to implement it:

Make the berserker form a buff with 3 stages, 5 seconds per stage. The damage reduction starts at 15% (Stage 1), increases to 25% (Stage 2) and then finally caps at 33% (Stage 3).

It would be a decent buff so to balance it out, the berserker would then receive a 10% damage debuff for 5 seconds after leaving berserker form. (To showcase the exhaustion norse warriors felt after shapeshifting back to human form)

Just some ideas from my side. Let me know what you think.

I can't really speak for PvE but it seems like people want power berserker to be a thing again so this should be an easy thing to do ANet. ;)

One would expect power berserker to be that big bursty damage with lower sustain spec. Opposite to spellbreaker and core warrior inbetween them. That makes completely sense. When berserker goes berserk mode, enemies should think twice when engaging/fighting at that moment. That is not the case right now at all.

Currently both power and condi berserker builds fail to be any useful in PvP/WvW. Condi berserker doesn't really work as it can't "condi-bomb" enemies like other classes. Only mace has that potential, but it is single target with very short ranges = useless in the most situations.Power doesn't work as the damage/sustain ratio is bad compared to spellbreaker/core warrior.

The logical and obvious solution is to make both condi and power berserkers lower sustain, high damage specs.E.g. rage skills now do XY% more damage when in berserk mode, but stances and passive healing is reduced by XY in berserk mode.Or rage skills used during berserk mode have reduced cooldown but other utility skills have increased cooldown by XY.Or rage skills recharge twice as fast when in berserk mode but twice as slow when not in berserk mode.Or gain damage increase by X% for each enemy in Y range. Stacks up to Z.Etc.Just rough ideas that came up on my mind while typing this.Of course berserker needs a bit more than just buffing rage skills. It is up to Anet to decide what is good, reasonable and would make warrior players happy :)

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Hi!

• Berzerker has not seen any typ of rework or changes.
  • Dragonhunter had some changes.
  • Herald had a rework.
  • Chrono had a rework.
  • Reaper got buffed alot.
  • Tempest got buffed alot.
  • Daredevil had some changes.
  • Druid had some changes.
  • Scrapper had a rework.

Sooooo.... if im correct here.Berzerker should be the next HoT Elite Spec that gets a rework.

Dragonhunter is fine but could need some attention.I dont think Daredevil needs to many changes.

Lets pray to the Balance Gods that the Berzerker is next.

Make it playable in PvP.Make the power variant playable in PvE.

Neither was DH, DD or Druid. I would not even call the tempest change a rework. It was just a WvW centered buff. Herald rework made it worse. So do not hold on hope for a berserker rework.

Don't get me wrong though, Arc Divider, Gunflame and Decapitate can be VERY NICE if you can figure out how to put unblockables (arms plus the 100% crit chance on burst), burst through blind spam/weakness spam, ACTUALLY LAND your F1s, and have some sustain in your build. The problem is you legit sacrifice adrenaline gain (Signet of fury, berserker heal, 100% crit chance on burst) or you have to sacrifice sustain.

Condi zerker might be okay but okay is garbage, in the sPvP meta you need DAMAGE to push someone out. Using the old skull grinder build doesn't push people out fast enough, and right now scrapper hard counters conditions.

Berserker stance is nice to have, sure, but it doesn't ensure that you will have enough adrenaline.

If new F1s is gonna be the "selling point" of berserker then do something to encourage people to use them. I really doubt they care to do something like 2 adrenaline wihle in berserker mode though.

I would prefer that they don't add any "defensive" mechanics to signet of fury or the berserker heal though, just do something HONEST for berserker, don't bother doing crazy stuff.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@"cryorion.9532" said:In the past 12+ hours of playing WvW, I have seen around 2 berserkers, definitely much more spellbreakers and core warriors. I think this means something.That does not mean that berserker is underpowered. That does just mean that the other two specs are stronger. And they are not just stronger, they are overpowered (esp. core warrior is just ridiculous) in that game mode.

you are completely right... warrior is super strong in wvw right now and people just play core or spellbreaker over berserker because they want easy wins. that is a fact! It is time that warrior dmg goes down by a lot. increase cds on greatsword (op whirlwind only has 8 sec cd while dealing 10k dmg and gives you a gapcloser/evade... broken) and reduce dagger f1 dmg and axe dmg overall.

...What?

First off, its only super strong in WvW because it tends to be, and forgive me for phrasing it this way, a bit of a "stupid check" for many players on entry into any sort of PvP in GW2. Warrior in general performs very well against players who double dodge, waste cooldowns and don't watch for animations or pay attention to when another player puts one of their own skills onto cooldown. Any PvPer worth their salt can more than easily avoid Warrior burst skills if the Warrior does not bait them into getting hit or times them during an enemy's animation.

Secondly, dagger hits like a wet noodle. Dagger damage is relatively harmless in most scenarios and if you're getting burst by it then...well thats on you.

Third, gs3 only ever does 10k or more damage if every hit actually connects with the enemy. That is only possible if you are stuck in a corner or against a wall, or if you're really asking for it and you just run along the entire distance of the spin in whichever direction they go which no competent player would ever do. You really have to try and get hit by gs3 for it to do 10k or more damage to you in an open area.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"cryorion.9532" said:In the past 12+ hours of playing WvW, I have seen around 2 berserkers, definitely much more spellbreakers and core warriors. I think this means something.That does not mean that berserker is underpowered. That does just mean that the other two specs are stronger. And they are not just stronger, they are overpowered (esp. core warrior is just ridiculous) in that game mode.

And finally to this, thats incorrect. Berserker severely underperforms in anything beyond duels with very specific classes (i.e other warriors and possibly necro so long as it isn't Scourge).

Like I said earlier in this post they aren't "overpowered" they are just difficult for a lot of less competent players to deal with because they have yet to figure out not to waste dodges, how not to waste cooldowns, how to watch for animations, when to push for damage and what the lengths of a classes cooldowns are. These are all things that factor into PvP in this game and they are all something a competent player keeps track of in the moment during a fight. Warrior actually tends to suffer against other classes when those classes are played by actual good players. Don't like it? Then improve. I used to think Scourges were absolutely ridiculous in 1v1s and that it was just a cheap ez win class to play for roaming, etc. I then pulled my head out of my ass and started kiting more and they became much easier to deal with because I realized it was a fault with me and not the Scourge.

You know what else I would be happy with as well?

"When you enter berserker mode, add 4-5 seconds of unblockable to attacks" - make it a grandmaster trait even, idc. Though it will still be ridiculously big trade-off for eternal champion as well.

So much for a "berserker" which is supposed to be attack heavy but gets trolled by aegis/block spam and is forced to use signet of might from time to time, sacrificing defense, so the F1s are actually significant.

Archived