How to earn the warclaw after the initial rush is done?

Devildoc.6721

I hadn't played since before the warclaw came out and am trying to earn it now, but the initial rush is over. Some of the things required are just not possible on my own and since a lot of people have it already trying to follow a group I'm left in the dust, unable to get to a keep before it's already taken. Some people said try EotM but everytime I go there there's no tags, no groups, nobody even talking in the map like it's completely dead. Even taking a tower I just happened to stumble into one as it was about to be taken but I just can't keep up with groups to do it normally.

Doing dalies every daySlowly you will get the warclaw, slowly...

I myself bought 30 Black lion keys when the keys where on sale, and I think the black lion chest still gives you a potion that levels your reward track of PVP AND WvWThats how I got the warclaw and just following hordes of allied players in the weekends will help you with the normal parts of the warclawYou can also be lucky during the normal days when commanders are trying to capture keeps/towers and succeed

btw I'm not in a WvW guild so I had to solo it to get it!

@Rico.6873 said:Doing dalies every daySlowly you will get the warclaw, slowly...

I myself bought 30 Black lion keys when the keys where on sale, and I think the black lion chest still gives you a potion that levels your reward track of PVP AND WvWThats how I got the warclaw and just following hordes of allied players in the weekends will help you with the normal parts of the warclawYou can also be lucky during the normal days when commanders are trying to capture keeps/towers and succeed

That's not the issue, yes I'll eventually complete the reward track just doing what I can with camps/sentries and so on, but I need to capture a keep. I can't do that alone, and I can't keep up with a group. So I'll get roflstomped straggling behind by the enemy zerg coming to defend or roaming groups on mounts.

From my experience, most of commanders actually rarely even use the mounts, so you shouldnt have problem followin em. If group runs away from you eventually, youll catch em not a minute later on next stop. In that time play safe, be in back and ready to run away if needed. Capturing all the points is easy, you can do it all with one group in an hour probably.

Furthermore, if possible play a high mobility class like thief or mesmer. Equip mobility skills, get some trait that grants you lots of swiftness. Thief with shortbow is only slightly slower than warclaw group and as matter of fact, when i was farming my warclaw, I never fallen back behind my group.

It shouldnt take that much time. I got mine in 2 days

@idolin.2831 said:Note that you don't have to stand in the rings to qualify for taking a tower/keep/camp - you just have to kill/tag a guard (enough to get credit for it) to get credit for taking a structure. So if you're late just try to kill a guard.

Maybe that'll work, I'll have to keep that in mind. A lot of times some small group will work on at least the outer walls in secret, letting the commander know just as the outer walls come down sometimes they'll open it all the way before the zerg sweeps in and caps. I may just need to wait for another matchup too. Yak's bend has been fielding a mounted blob that's been able to respond too fast to do much, but I imagine most servers are able to do that now.

15-30 minutes of primetime play is all you should need, then just the reward track which is ~5h of maintaining participation.

The basic parts for the mounts is literally a camp, a tower and a keep then you are done. Zergs chew through that on a hourly basis. Maintaining participation is lazily playing WvW doing almost nothing.

@Kichma.3187 said:From my experience, most of commanders actually rarely even use the mounts, so you shouldnt have problem followin em. If group runs away from you eventually, youll catch em not a minute later on next stop. In that time play safe, be in back and ready to run away if needed. Capturing all the points is easy, you can do it all with one group in an hour probably.

Furthermore, if possible play a high mobility class like thief or mesmer. Equip mobility skills, get some trait that grants you lots of swiftness. Thief with shortbow is only slightly slower than warclaw group and as matter of fact, when i was farming my warclaw, I never fallen back behind my group.

It shouldnt take that much time. I got mine in 2 days

all the groups I've seen the commanders judiciously use the mount, leaving unmounted tail in the dust and vulnerable to roamers/enemy zergs. Maybe it's just TC but we're just not getting keeps flipped atm when I've been on or the one time a keep did flip, it was as I said, a small group took out the walls in secret and then notified the commander so they just swept in and capped, no chance at keeping up there.

@idolin.2831 said:Note that you don't have to stand in the rings to qualify for taking a tower/keep/camp - you just have to kill/tag a guard (enough to get credit for it) to get credit for taking a structure. So if you're late just try to kill a guard.

This right here. Tag, tag, tag! Stay on one BL map, run in a big circle and kill guards at every single tower and keep. Capture camps and sentries along the way when possible to keep your participation up. Whenever a group from your realm eventually takes it, you will get participation for it. You don’t have to be in the circle when it’s taken. But you have to stay on the map. Use team chat to find out which map is most active by your realm while you are playing.

Also you can ask in team chat “I need a keep to finish warkitty, can someone let me know when you are taking one?” Ask every 10 or 15 minutes so you don’t sound spammy.... and ignore the kittenholes who will have something ugly to say.. “One in every crowd” as the saying goes.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

This right here. Tag, tag, tag! Stay on one BL map, run in a big circle and kill guards at every single tower and keep. Capture camps and sentries along the way when possible to keep your participation up. Whenever a group from your realm eventually takes it, you will get participation for it. You don’t have to be in the circle when it’s taken. But you have to stay on the map. Use team chat to find out which map is most active by your realm while you are playing.

Also you can ask in team chat “I need a keep to finish warkitty, can someone let me know when you are taking one?” Ask every 10 or 15 minutes so you don’t sound spammy....
and ignore the kittenholes who will have something ugly to say.
. “One in every crowd” as the saying goes.

Heh, I tried that just got told to go to EotM, which I did, only to find no tags, nobody talking, and all the objectives grey because nobody was there. maybe just an empty overflow but I couldn't get into the main map anyway.

Anyway I'll try just tagging guards at keeps on maps we might actually take something on (Again it is TC so .. we're not doing too hot with that.. in the time I was on we got absolutely roflstomped by a mounted blob multiple times in a row , and instead of taking a keep, we lost one on our home bl).. and hopefully if I don't get it that way, I can squeeze into an EotM train on reset night before the other maps are up, or get through the queues on reset night when things are being taken a lot, and hope our match is not outnumbering us too bad.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Devildoc.6721" said:and instead of taking a keep, we lost one on our home blThats the easiest way to take a keep. Best if it was garri. Wait until the reveal cd, then backcap.

So you'd think, we lost bay, while the one "zerg" of about 20 people we had was trying to take their keep on EBG. After they capped our BL bay they came and wiped the floor with us with easily double our numbers, and also had a group still on our BL attacking our garri so the zerg went to there, repeled the attack since it wasn't the full zerg, and then said "yeah call us if you need us again" and bounced back to EBG, not bothering to retake bay.. I'm a little baffled.. but it's TC, we don't do things that make sense.

@Devildoc.6721 said:

@Devildoc.6721 said:and instead of taking a keep, we lost one on our home blThats the easiest way to take a keep. Best if it was garri. Wait until the reveal cd, then backcap.

So you'd think, we lost bay, while the one "zerg" of about 20 people we had was trying to take their keep on EBG. After they capped our BL bay they came and wiped the floor with us with easily double our numbers, and also had a group still on our BL attacking our garri so the zerg went to there, repeled the attack since it wasn't the full zerg, and then said "yeah call us if you need us again" and bounced back to EBG, not bothering to retake bay.. I'm a little baffled.. but it's TC, we don't do things that make sense.

Many people don't really care to flip empty objectives, they would rather spend their playtime having some fights.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@Devildoc.6721 said:and instead of taking a keep, we lost one on our home blThats the easiest way to take a keep. Best if it was garri. Wait until the reveal cd, then backcap.

Many people don't really care to flip empty objectives, they would rather spend their playtime having some fights.

That'd make sense if it was a close to even fight with that zerg but it wasn't. As soon as they appeared our little raid imploded.

Edge of the Mists is lowly used. Better get the achievement steps in regular WvW. Just follow a commander with an open tag. Be prepared to die and have to walk back all the way. This is part of WvW. If you want to capture a keep, you will have higher chances on the borderland maps. Keep an eye on the chat to see if any group is going for any of the keeps. Grab supplies and join.

Most groups are fairly casual in my experience. Open tag, everyone can join by self inviting. Or just follow the tag without joining it. You don't need to bring sieges, just help build the siege weapons that the commander places. Kill the guards. Defeat enemy defenders if any and stand in the ring to capture. You don't even have to use the siege weapons if you are uncomfortable with them. Usually other players will immediately use them.

If you happen to like WvW, you can always learn more about battle mechanics and strategy, but this is all optional. You will learn as you play anyways.Don't let any elitism of others get in your way.

@Devildoc.6721 said:

That's not the issue, yes I'll eventually complete the reward track just doing what I can with camps/sentries and so on, but I need to capture a keep. I can't do that alone, and I can't keep up with a group. So I'll get roflstomped straggling behind by the enemy zerg coming to defend or roaming groups on mounts.

Reason why I made a thief my WvW mainHe can keep up with them easily

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:Edge of the Mists is lowly used. Better get the achievement steps in regular WvW. Just follow a commander with an open tag. Be prepared to die and have to walk back all the way. This is part of WvW. If you want to capture a keep, you will have higher chances on the borderland maps. Keep an eye on the chat to see if any group is going for any of the keeps. Grab supplies and join.

Most groups are fairly casual in my experience. Open tag, everyone can join by self inviting. Or just follow the tag without joining it. You don't need to bring sieges, just help build the siege weapons that the commander places. Kill the guards. Defeat enemy defenders if any and stand in the ring to capture. You don't even have to use the siege weapons if you are uncomfortable with them. Usually other players will immediately use them.

If you happen to like WvW, you can always learn more about battle mechanics and strategy, but this is all optional. You will learn as you play anyways.Don't let any elitism of others get in your way.

eyeroll I"m aware of this, I'm not an idiot (really, you make it sound like I've never done wvw before. I'm a returning player not a new player). You can't really follow a group on foot that is on mounts. They leave you behind and roamers eat you alive.

@Devildoc.6721 said:

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:Edge of the Mists is lowly used. Better get the achievement steps in regular WvW. Just follow a commander with an open tag. Be prepared to die and have to walk back all the way. This is part of WvW. If you want to capture a keep, you will have higher chances on the borderland maps. Keep an eye on the chat to see if any group is going for any of the keeps. Grab supplies and join.

eyeroll
I"m aware of this, I'm not an idiot (really, you make it sound like I've never done wvw before. I'm a returning player not a new player). You can't really follow a group on foot that is on mounts. They leave you behind and roamers eat you alive.

Hey, I just try to be helpful here.I'm not going to remember the history of all players here. I'm just answering the question in my best ability.Thank you.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Edge of the Mists is lowly used. Better get the achievement steps in regular WvW. Just follow a commander with an open tag. Be prepared to die and have to walk back all the way. This is part of WvW. If you want to capture a keep, you will have higher chances on the borderland maps. Keep an eye on the chat to see if any group is going for any of the keeps. Grab supplies and join.

eyeroll
I"m aware of this, I'm not an idiot (really, you make it sound like I've never done wvw before. I'm a returning player not a new player). You can't really follow a group on foot that is on mounts. They leave you behind and roamers eat you alive.

Hey, I just try to be helpful here.I'm not going to remember the history of all players here. I'm just answering the question in my best ability.Thank you.

Sorry but your "advice" is like saying "have you tried plugging the computer in?"

You're not going to like this but... you can solo just about everything in eotm, including keep lords + towers except for tytone... forget that chicken. The worst one is probably green keep because you need to kill the elites before the lord but even then your best bet would be condi trailblazer gear - preferably evade spam build like daredevil or soulbeast pet aggro. Since eotm is "dead" I doubt you'll run into any enemies so you can set up siege to break outer + inner with ease and make your way to lords.

easy = red + blue keep (kite red out of fire circles and just wittle him down. blue is stand on top of supply stack, bring stab/stun break stay out of red circles)hard = green keep (there is a spot near the bushes/pillars you need to tank elites + reflects for bunny spam)

Hope that helps, good luck.

I'm in your situation - recently returned, just now cluing in to the mount. I disagree with you on several fronts.

1) keeping up isn't bad as long as you've built for mobility. If you haven't, you had troubles in the old days anyways. Yes, sometimes you get left behind, and some of those times you get gobbled up. No big deal

2) taking keeps was always a rare event, long before mounts were a thing. These aren't towers.

So, prioritize a build with mobility and escapes, and join a server that is active at your times. It'll be a wait for that keep regardless.

Archived