A Skyscale movement feedback

playing with the skyscale and one thing really bother me is a lot of the time you are already almost reaching the top of a cliff, like pretty much at the corner of the vertical and hotizontal section, but you have to back out and land on a lower area to go back, i feel like for situation like that, the skyscale should be able to just climb up, or combine with the dash movement to climb that last inches. that will make this mount feel a lot more real and smooth.

Yeah with the final mastery you'll be able to cling to walls and use your jump key to exchange endurance for flight juice and then your Skyscale will jump off the wall.I think you gain some additional hight as well and since you have two endurance bars it makes sense you can do this twice, possibly more if the endurance bar regenerates like it does on the other mounts.

The easiest way around this issue now I find is if you grab the wall just shy of the ledge, using bond of faith is usually enough to launch you up and over it.Although it will dismount you from the Skyscale but in all honesty getting around this new map is pretty easy with the Springer and Griffon as well so it's not so bad so long as you have them.

The SnailScale will be a trophy mount for me. It does not have the "feel" that I was hoping to get with this type of mount. Its extremely kludgy and all I do when I hop on one is look forward to the time I can get off of it. I am familiar with the masteries and they do not impress me much. I can understand it taking some time to climb in altitude but forward momentum needs to be match gliding and the griffon mount when gently landing. It honest to god feel like your flying a submarine or as I read from some other thread " A drunk pilot flying a helicopter that is about to land". This mount as it stands in its current state is 2nd from the bottom of my list of mounts I will use right above the skimmer. Looking forward to seeing people using it as a seat in town. That's basically what we got a hover chair. Good luck everyone on their legendary Hover Chair!

I am just bitter because I wanted it to be better than this...

@"Tails.9372" said:The movement is slow which is fine but the "flight meter system" forces you to constantly take breaks which is just an unnecessary pace breaker. The gameplay would have been a lot smoother without these limitations.

Which would make it infinite flight

I've enjoyed the borrowed version. But the pitch up and down control gets a little annoying for me. Not a lot, just a little, and it's because I have to have my camera pointed up to rise which makes it harder to steer since I can't see the ground landmarks. I am not sure how to solve this. It's never been an underwater issue for me, either, and I certainly have to point my camera where I want to go there. Anyway, it took me a little time to remember the live stream that explained the pitch movement and until then I was losing altitude a lot faster than the canopy limiter because I was instinctively tilting down a bit to see where I was going. (This could be the issue for some of those who are counting the altitude drop as a huge negative, they may not realize they are actively steering downward).

Are you having trouble using the dash? It says I can use [space] or [v] but only [v] works, and the dodge button (I have it mapped on mouse 3) doesn't work either. I hame kind of forced to click on the bar itself using the mouse. Have you solved this? Is there any smart key change I could do?

@Donari.5237 said:I've enjoyed the borrowed version. But the pitch up and down control gets a little annoying for me. Not a lot, just a little, and it's because I have to have my camera pointed up to rise which makes it harder to steer since I can't see the ground landmarks. I am not sure how to solve this. It's never been an underwater issue for me, either, and I certainly have to point my camera where I want to go there. Anyway, it took me a little time to remember the live stream that explained the pitch movement and until then I was losing altitude a lot faster than the canopy limiter because I was instinctively tilting down a bit to see where I was going. (This could be the issue for some of those who are counting the altitude drop as a huge negative, they may not realize they are actively steering downward).

You can go up with [space] and down with [1] without moving the camera around. I find it harder to allocate a key to the dash since it doesn't accept the dodge key

@Kidel.2057 said:

@"Donari.5237" said:I've enjoyed the borrowed version. But the pitch up and down control gets a little annoying for me. Not a lot, just a little, and it's because I have to have my camera pointed up to rise which makes it harder to steer since I can't see the ground landmarks. I am not sure how to solve this. It's never been an underwater issue for me, either, and I certainly have to point my camera where I want to go there. Anyway, it took me a little time to remember the live stream that explained the pitch movement and until then I was losing altitude a lot faster than the canopy limiter because I was instinctively tilting down a bit to see where I was going. (This could be the issue for some of those who are counting the altitude drop as a huge negative, they may not realize they are actively steering downward).

You can go up with [space] and down with [1] without moving the camera around. I find it harder to allocate a key to the dash since it doesn't accept the dodge key

Hmm. Are you sure? I have Dodge on my "B" key, which is also my Mount Action 1 key, and I was able to barrel roll forward by hitting B. I suppose whatever key you have allocated to Mount Action 1 will do the dash for you.

As to the up and down, yes. I can go straight up with space, and straight down with Mount Action 2 (no need to risk hitting the ground and dismounting by using the disengage to descend). But when moving forward, which I do with LMB/RMB pressed while moving the mouse to steer, if my camera points down I go down, if my camera points up I go up. As demonstrated in the live stream. It's by design, you get altitude climbs and dives by pitching your camera up and down. Which means that if I tilt down to see what I'm flying over, I descend. I suppose I could try also holding down the space to fight that but might just balance things out to even flight that way.

So I'm forced to change the binding for mount action 1 to something different than [space], Implying I need 1 more key and possibly change the way I use every other mount.

Meh. Maybe I can arrange something using a macro or a double keybind on the dodge key.

Thanks.