The Skyscale Saddle

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had actually farmed over a stack of each in anticipation of an LS4 legendary trinket so this kind of worked out. I had a feeling they would require map currencies after I saw that we had to visit all of the LS4 maps for it but I didn't think it'd be this much. You know, I figured it would've been something like... 50 each.

@"Ronharshadow.5246" said:The mount is not aurora, it is not a legendary item. Honestly maybe half the map currency requirement (or 50-100) and maybe ppl might think "oh its not a whole stack, one or two alts can help!"

This. Make it 50 or 100 for each map except Istan which can still stay as 250 (given each heart gives 25 in Istan so it's easier to get that 250).

@"Eros.6801" said:Wait hold on, Troublesome Skyscale > Saddle > another collection ?

You have the Riding Skyscales collection which has two sub-collections: Saddle and Flight Lessons. Flight Lessons just has you go to various maps, locate one of the two rifts there, and then "channel" it by being within proximity. Some rifts are harder to find than others but they're usually within a 5,000 radius.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:is this something crafted that can be sold?

No. You go to each of the VM vendors (plus Elisa in the Desert maps) and purchase an item for 250 map currency. After that the step completed and you go to NE Jahai to unlock the
final
collection.

WTH...?! I don't have 250 if each currency, because I only store what I need (and am certain I am not the only one who does). I always consume the items for magic instead, except Blood Rubies (LWS3) and Kralkatite (LWS4) and the new Mist Motes. What a drag. Now I know how the people must feel who did not hoard Charged Quartz.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:is this something crafted that can be sold?

No. You go to each of the VM vendors (plus Elisa in the Desert maps) and purchase an item for 250 map currency. After that the step completed and you go to NE Jahai to unlock the
final
collection.

WTH...?! I don't have 250 if each currency, because I only store what I need (and am certain I am not the only one who does). I always consume the items for magic instead, except Blood Rubies and the new Mist Motes. What a drag. Now I know how the people must feel who did not hoard Charged Quartz.

Yeah. I only had 250 of each because I was anticipating an LS4 legendary trinket. I think this is where a lot of people who have access to this collection are stuck on. Certainly the grindiest mount to earn.

I knew the final day was going to be the last and biggest F.U

Would have been nice to see, or be told about the 250 of each map currency beforehand so I'd have had a chance to gather it, or knew I had to, since I generally only play the game for the story/PvE I tend to have 1 character and one side character for funsies

Now I know why they wanted to lock the collections from sight though, since people would have been astonished at what you'd have to do by looking at it.. rather than have it be a nasty surprise..

Either way though, Cheers Anet t._.t