Kralkatorrik was the... [spoilers]

Michram.6853

Son of Deep Sea Dragon!

Watching this Vision of the All makes so much sense now:

At the top of the All is the Mother - Deep Sea Dragon.

Also Tom hinted that there are easter eggs in the last cinematic of War Eternal and as somebody on Reddit noticed... There is the sound of the waves after Kralkatorrik says "Mother...".

Also it hit me so hard when I was thinking about it... Kralkatorrik's destination was the Unending Ocean, as the Communicator of Blish said to our allies, so they can group up there... Aurene knew where to send him, but also Kralkatorrik wanted to go there anyway after consuming familar's places magics, and wanted to build a base in there, close to his Mother.

Deep Sea Dragon's been mystery for so long, but is DSD the Mother of the Dragon/s?

• Thanks 1

So you are saying the dragon in the first video at 00:13 is the Deep Sea Dragon when you talk about it being at the apex of The All?

I hear the waves in the second video, but that could just be because we are in the Unending Ocean.

Overall I like the ideas you bring together to try and solve the Mother question, but the evidence is a bit thin . Plausible, but thin :)

• Haha 1

@Omnicron.2467 said:So you are saying the dragon in the first video at 00:13 is the Deep Sea Dragon when you talk about it being at the apex of The All?

I hear the waves in the second video, but that could just be because we are in the Unending Ocean.

Overall I like the ideas you bring together to try and solve the Mother question, but the evidence is a bit thin . Plausible, but thin :)

given that in the same vid as OP mentioned anet also admitted they don't have an origin to the EDs, i'd say this theory seems pretty dead in the water

• Haha 1

@"Arden.7480" said:At the top of the All is the Mother - Deep Sea Dragon.

There is no top of the All.

It's an octohedron. Like an eight sided dice, except that unlike eight sided dies, the All's octohedron representation is equidistant for all points.

Before it zooms in and the octohedron is rotating, you can see that the points are equidistant. At first, white (Jormag) is on top and purple (Kralk) is on bottom, but then in the same shape, blue (DSD) goes to the bottom and green (Zhaitan) is on top (which is what it zooms into before transitioning to the blue-purple dragon and zooming out to a blue point on a pyramid).

(EDIT: The position of the points is curious since it counters the theory of "opposites on the All" notion from Omadd's Machine vision, as it puts Jormag and Kralk as opposites, Primordus and Mordremoth, and Zhaitan and the DSD as opposites; whereas Omadd's Machine vision did Primordus-Jormag, Kralk-DSD, and Zhaitan-Mordremoth. What this means is that the shape in that cinematic ultimately doesn't really matter, since it doesn't line up with anything at all. It's just an artistic reimagining).

Also Tom hinted that there are easter eggs in the last cinematic of War Eternal and as somebody on Reddit noticed... There is the sound of the waves after Kralkatorrik says "Mother...".

Because the scene takes place on a coastal cliff. You can also hear seagulls.

Also it hit me so hard when I was thinking about it... Kralkatorrik's destination was the Unending Ocean, as the Communicator of Blish said to our allies, so they can group up there... Aurene knew where to send him, but also Kralkatorrik wanted to go there anyway after consuming familar's places magics, and wanted to build a base in there, close to his Mother.

That's incorrect. Blish's tracker had nothing to do with it. Aurene was the one who planned where to drop him. Kralkatorrik wasn't trying to return to Tyria - hence the entire point of the flight instance. And he's not really in the Unending Ocean, he's in the shoreline.

• Like 1

@derd.6413 said:

@Omnicron.2467 said:So you are saying the dragon in the first video at 00:13 is the Deep Sea Dragon when you talk about it being at the apex of The All?

given that in the same vid as OP mentioned anet also admitted they don't have an origin to the EDs, i'd say this theory seems pretty dead in the water

I took that to mean that they don't know the creation story of elder dragons in general, not that they don't anything about where a particular dragon came from.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Guild Wars 2: Ocean's Abyss confirmedJokes aside, it's a nice theory. Whoever Kralk's mother is has a heavy bearing on the next story focus, and there was just an underwater rework.. Let's see if you're right.

They didn’t imply the mother thing would be the next story step, only that it was intentional and we would eventually discover the meaning. For all we know that could wind up being Malyck 2.0 until they see fit to juxtapose it into the story somehow.

unfortunately im very skeptical that Anet will develop this, they had bad historic in matter of revealing easter egg at end. This "mother" mention has everything to turn into another "why Balthazar not cursed Lyssa?"... if ever they intended to leave Easter eggs at the end of seasons or expansions... the LS1 ending, even being "mystery to be continued" was not an Easter egg level. The LS2 ending was too much explicit, was vague but not so "misterious", and same on HoT ending, LS3 ending too.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Balthazar not cursing Lyssa still has a chance to play out. They like to seed things that won't become relevant for AGES to come (see: White Mantle plot). Even Malyck they intend to bring in... sometime.

But there's always the chance it'll go the way of the Krytan royal locket, which actually was scrapped.

with Matthew Medina's departure I doubt malyck's plot is coming any time soon, it was his project to bring this plot to the game. The only hope is someone else took over.

The Pale Tree was a centre of the All in Omadd's machine cinematic, and she is the only one we call, Sylvari call - a mother. Mother Tree.

Based on that maybe he actually passed his soul to the Dream, to the Mother Tree.

I can see that this DSD speculation is really weird.

Well now I went on this more practical way of thinking as speculating that Mother refers to the actual Mother we know.

But if you think about it, it's messy :D

@Arden.7480 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Balthazar not cursing Lyssa still has a chance to play out. They like to seed things that won't become relevant for AGES to come (see: White Mantle plot). Even Malyck they intend to bring in... sometime.

But there's always the chance it'll go the way of the Krytan royal locket, which actually
was
scrapped.

with Matthew Medina's departure I doubt malyck's plot is coming any time soon, it was his project to bring this plot to the game. The only hope is someone else took over.

Well in Caithe final dialog shes said shes going back to the groove "we're all started", this suprised me. I was expecting she become some sort of "aurene priest" in Tarir. So we had a chance of Sylvary stuff back to scene again.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Balthazar not cursing Lyssa still has a chance to play out. They like to seed things that won't become relevant for AGES to come (see: White Mantle plot). Even Malyck they intend to bring in... sometime.

But there's always the chance it'll go the way of the Krytan royal locket, which actually
was
scrapped.

Well in Caithe final dialog shes said shes going back to the groove "we're all started", this suprised me. I was expecting she become some sort of "aurene priest" in Tarir. So we had a chance of Sylvary stuff back to scene again.

Sylvaris always goes back to the Grove to share their knowledge and experience, so it's not really a surprise. What's surprising is Aurene only blessed Caithe and no one else. Aurene might even had the power to heal Taimi, but she didn't even tried or address Taimi's situation. Or at least grant a boon to each person who participate in the war against Kral. Nope, she just took off to who knows where.

@Arden.7480 said:The Pale Tree was a centre of the All in Omadd's machine cinematic, and she is the only one we call, Sylvari call - a mother. Mother Tree.

Based on that maybe he actually passed his soul to the Dream, to the Mother Tree.

Well now I went on this more practical way of thinking as speculating that Mother refers to the actual Mother we know.

The pale tree is not that unique or important.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:The Pale Tree was a centre of the All in Omadd's machine cinematic, and she is the only one we call, Sylvari call - a mother. Mother Tree.

yeah, I think so too, but you know, it's just me seeing all the possibilities :D I have so many speculation at the moment, so you know, it's just bringing a new light on something. :) Sometimes it makes a little sense, or is just "huh?" sense :D

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

was
scrapped.

Sylvaris always goes back to the Grove to share their knowledge and experience, so it's not really a surprise. What's surprising is Aurene only blessed Caithe and no one else. Aurene might even had the power to heal Taimi, but she didn't even tried or address Taimi's situation. Or at least grant a boon to each person who participate in the war against Kral. Nope, she just took off to who knows where.

Can't wait for Canach to do so, sharing his gambling experience :D

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Arden.7480 said:The Pale Tree was a centre of the All in Omadd's machine cinematic, and she is the only one we call, Sylvari call - a mother. Mother Tree.

The Pale Tree was specifically part of Scarlet's vision, representing her pushing past the barriers that the Pale Tree had placed for the protection of the Sylvari. We see the same thing when we enter Ormadd's machine because we're seeing an echo of what she saw.

I know it is a bit far fetched but what if "Mother" was actually Aurene?During the fight, Kralk says : But you are of me. And soon I will be of you.Basically he says that once Aurene absorbs his power, he will be part of her, as much as she, as his grand daughter, his part of him. Maybe this line is the opening of the plot of S5: how will Aurene cope with having three Elder dragon within her, without the torment that should come along with this cocktail, and some foreign magic (from Balthazar). Will she have to fight against the thirst of magic brought by those personalities and succeed in sharing this magic with the world?

@"Ranael.6423" said:I know it is a bit far fetched but what if "Mother" was actually Aurene?During the fight, Kralk says : But you are of me. And soon I will be of you.Basically he says that once Aurene absorbs his power, he will be part of her, as much as she, as his grand daughter, his part of him. Maybe this line is the opening of the plot of S5: how will Aurene cope with having three Elder dragon within her, without the torment that should come along with this cocktail, and some foreign magic (from Balthazar). Will she have to fight against the thirst of magic brought by those personalities and succeed in sharing this magic with the world?

It would be kinda awkward considering that he calls her "Child of my child" as well.

@Euthymias.7984 said:

@"Ranael.6423" said:I know it is a bit far fetched but what if "Mother" was actually Aurene?During the fight, Kralk says : But you are of me. And soon I will be of you.Basically he says that once Aurene absorbs his power, he will be part of her, as much as she, as his grand daughter, his part of him. Maybe this line is the opening of the plot of S5: how will Aurene cope with having three Elder dragon within her, without the torment that should come along with this cocktail, and some foreign magic (from Balthazar). Will she have to fight against the thirst of magic brought by those personalities and succeed in sharing this magic with the world?

It would be kinda awkward considering that he calls her "Child of my child" as well.

Well, technically that is before we finish the job. I could see it being a possibility though. When you think about it, the magic is essentially recycled endlessly. Perhaps in the same way, Kralk becomes a part of Aurene and is reborn later from her. Perhaps all of the elder dragons have a perpetual existence and reincarnation. Perhaps it's less that, and more that he becomes something else upon death, and that something that he becomes is now a part of Aurene.

I don't know. I imagine it isn't the case, but I can see where he's coming from.