Your favorite Legendary — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Your favorite Legendary

What is your favorite legendary?

I'll start, the staff Nevermore. Why? Just 1 word 'Raven'. In my opinion the weapon one of the coolest things they introduced in Gw 2. The animation is just so elegant and hypnotising<3

For those who dont know the staff, altough I can't imagine it, you can check it here:

<1

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2019

The Moot because it was my first 6.5 years ago and everyone knows disco is life.

Chuka and Champawat and Kraitkin are also up there with ones I like the most

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Dreamer hands down.

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

I only have three legendaries, but I like Juggernaut for the changes it makes to your armor's appearance.

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

Exordium.
    Wish I had a reason to craft it.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Binding of Ipos, who don't want a flying demonic tome with an eye on it?

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2019

Kamohoali'i Kotaki, because a spear that shoots sharks is awesome.
    Eternity, because it was a great challenge and I absolutely love the dimensional aesthetic.

I don't currently have, but am working on Nevermore (ghost ravens are cool), Chuka and Champawat (shooting tigers = shooting sharks), Exordium (morphic blade!), Bolt (don't taze me, bro), and Incinerator (actual plasma sword).

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭

I couldn't be a pirate and not have a rifle like the HMS Divinity. Flaming cannonballs and grenades have their merit.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just like bifrost, I think that the changes to projectiles actually detract from the experience rather than add to it because the classes using these weapons already got specific projectiles. The ele in particular, where the projectile even change depending on the attunement. And thats me saying it as someone that made bifrost many, many years ago - when they where soulbound, that long ago - because I thought shooting rainbows would be nice... it really wasnt. Tbh I wish I could sell it.

No, my current favorite is Hope, due to the fact it adds a projectile regardless of class. The pistol projectiles are normally dull.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• I really like legendary spikes, i think they are awesome and look so cool.

• Mouse.7382Mouse.7382 Member ✭✭✭

For the legendary that I have, it has to be Astaralia on my mirage--the animation of Infinite Horizon with 3 clones and myself is a blue wirlwind of sheer sexiness. NOTHING BEATS IT, NOTHING!
    Nevermore, on my staff thief is a close second. The giant eagle that spawns with each crit attack is also glorious.

For the legendary that i DO NOT have, The binding of Ipos looks straight sexy

• Bifrost and Eternity are my favorites of the ones I have - I still pause occasionally to admire the effects as my characters run around with them. Astralaria is my favorite of the ones I don't own.

• Claw of the Khan-Ur, because of its significance lore wise, and the four blades

Eternity, the effects, trail, name, everything

Exordium, coolest looking gs and the way it changes itself for the optimal form of attack.(reminds me of the warden's sword from halo5)

Chuka and Champawat, because that bow design is something worthy of the gods.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

+1 Nevermore

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭✭

Twilight, honestly I like the trail and the footfalls a lot.

Chuka and Champawat. It's beautifully designed, nice trails and footfalls and shoots tigers!

Exordium, I love how versatile it is, and the sounds!

Binding of Ipos, what a great legendary.

Ad Infinitum, my pretty backpack.

• it will sound strange for people like u but i dont like any legendary weapon. first of all most of them look like ugly childish toys for me but i understand ideas of creativity for some taste. there r very few which could be a bit nice to me but when its legendary then everyone try to get it like last goal and it starts to be not original in meaning of weapon skin of players which they use to show what they get and have-and i find better looking not legendary weapons-and i feel more original by choosing weapon skins not from legendarys. and most legendary effects r not beautiful to me and its too much-i feel more clean without them. for example rifle i use everywhere beastslayer skin coz it looks and feels so cool to me with moving animation like its legendary to me-it would be even a good idea for legendary rifle some gatling machine gun with bullet belt reaching ground-it would fit to my charr warrior and his race war theme of good taste. i like some effect or the look details of few legendarys but i dont have a big wish to have them when im ok with what i have from not legendarys which looks more serious to me as a weapons.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gautama.5378 said:
    it will sound strange for people like u but i dont like any legendary weapon. first of all most of them look like ugly childish toys for me but i understand ideas of creativity for some taste. there r very few which could be a bit nice to me but when its legendary then everyone try to get it like last goal and it starts to be not original in meaning of weapon skin of players which they use to show what they get and have-and i find better looking not legendary weapons-and i feel more original by choosing weapon skins not from legendarys. and most legendary effects r not beautiful to me and its too much-i feel more clean without them. for example rifle i use everywhere beastslayer skin coz it looks and feels so cool to me with moving animation like its legendary to me-it would be even a good idea for legendary rifle some gatling machine gun with bullet belt reaching ground-it would fit to my charr warrior and his race war theme of good taste. i like some effect or the look details of few legendarys but i dont have a big wish to have them when im ok with what i have from not legendarys which looks more serious to me as a weapons.

So, you don’t have a favourite then ;)

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2019

@Gautama.5378 said:
    it will sound strange for people like u but i dont like any legendary weapon. first of all most of them look like ugly childish toys for me but i understand ideas of creativity for some taste. there r very few which could be a bit nice to me but when its legendary then everyone try to get it like last goal and it starts to be not original in meaning of weapon skin of players which they use to show what they get and have-and i find better looking not legendary weapons-and i feel more original by choosing weapon skins not from legendarys. and most legendary effects r not beautiful to me and its too much-i feel more clean without them. for example rifle i use everywhere beastslayer skin coz it looks and feels so cool to me with moving animation like its legendary to me-it would be even a good idea for legendary rifle some gatling machine gun with bullet belt reaching ground-it would fit to my charr warrior and his race war theme of good taste. i like some effect or the look details of few legendarys but i dont have a big wish to have them when im ok with what i have from not legendarys which looks more serious to me as a weapons.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, some of us agree with both perspectives, depending on the character.

I made the Dreamer for my ranger and Bifrost for my elementalist. My engineer should have been next in line to receive one, but I'm skipping over her and making Claw of the Khan-Ur for my thief because any legendary would be too flashy for her. She's a very practical person who doesn't like flashy effects or loose magic, she likes stuff you can see working and whack with a spanner when it goes wrong. I made her a pair of Apidae (ambrite pistols) years ago and honestly I can't imagine her using anything else at this point.

I thought my thief would be the same, since I couldn't imagine him using anything flashy, but he's a charr and already uses the Centurion's Claw dagger, so Claw of the Khan-Ur is too perfect to pass up. My revenant and mesmer are unlikely to get legendaries either, for the same reason. And on the other side there's legendaries I like but I'm unlikely to make because I don't have a character to use them - like Xiuquatl (the snake scepter) or Rodgort.

(Although I have to say I couldn't care less how many other people use the same skins, I choose ones I like, not ones I think other people will be impressed by, otherwise I certainly wouldn't have made The Dreamer. It is weird when I see unicorns flying from another direction because I'm so used to that being my ranger's projectiles, but I like seeing people using the same skins, it means they like it too.)

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Laivine.9308Laivine.9308 Member ✭✭
    edited September 8, 2019

Pharus. I've been waiting for the second gen longbow all these years and I crafted it immediately after it was released. Love it.

• vyncius.6105vyncius.6105 Member ✭✭✭

Nevermore/Chuka and champawat

• The Shining Blade

it is reasonable sized and does not have over the top (or idiotic) effects.

• no question, Dreamer, its awful and beautiful at the same time.

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2019

The Flameseeker Prophecies. I love it so much. The draw sound and animation pair up perfectly. It is a clean, elegant, and polished weapon. I love the details of the individual characters, the shade and vibrancy of the blue that is used, and I like that it is visually satisfying and impactful without being extremely over the top or unnecessarily large. I find it to be a very classy and classic weapon. The one thing I'm not the biggest fan of is the projectile, which looks a bit comical/cartoonish, similarly to the Firebrand's tome auras.

Healing orbs are a mistake. Please delete them ANet.

• Seera.5916Seera.5916 Member ✭✭✭

Meteorlogicus. Fits wonderfully with my Elementalist.

• Crystal Paladin.3871Crystal Paladin.3871 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2019

Kudzu
    - only legendary that gives a secret garden to harvest - map impact
    - cool flowery effects on crit dmg and bird chirping sound
    - cool footfalls and draw effects

Exordium
    - changes shape based on whoever uses the greatsword
    - changes color based on the angle you look at it
    - cool footfalls
    - draw effects

Ad infinitum
    - never go nowhere without it

Shining blade
    - cool stow and draw animation
    - nicely designed

Pharus
    - draw effects
    - projectiles

Binding of IPOs
    - becomes a part of the mount while riding
    - cool draw animations

• Rasimir.6239Rasimir.6239 Member ✭✭✭✭

The minstrel! That said, it doesn't go with many of my characters, so I rarely use it, despite focus being one of my favourite weapons on several classes.

• Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2019

"Ahem"

Bifrost is a candy Stick.

Bolt is a wall-hanger Sword.

Dreamer beyond the memes is alright if you are into that.

Flameseeker Prophecies isn't bad, but as far as tomes go it's a worse Binding opus.

Frenzy is a harpoon gun; lol underwater weps.

Frost Fang is kinda neat but kinda dull (blade) for an axe.

Howler is boring; sorry. (I'm not sorry.)

Juggernaut looks more like a staff.

Kudzu is another plant weapon, and almost indistinguishable from the rest.

Kraitkin is another underwater wep; lol.

Same with Kamohoali'i Kotaki, which is actually pretty cool; but double lol for that barely pronounceable name.

Meteorlogicus has cool effects, but double globes was an unfortunate choice.

Best part about Minstrel is the "Musical Minstrel".

The Moot is lady gaga's disco stick, and is lol enough that I convinced someone to make it; so that in a year they'd have a legendary I know they'd eventually regret getting... and they did. >:}

Quip is exactly that.

Rodgort is literally a meme, and if we're being honest kind of a lazy one.

Sunrise is a mango blade.

Which I don't know if that's better or worse that Eternity is a mango blade half the time.

Astralaria is kinda neat, at the end of the day though it's a 2nd blue axe legendary... At least this one is sharper and shiny(er).

Flames of war is a goopy waxy mess.

The HMS Divinity... Le sigh...

Sharur zzzzzz

Shooshadoo... I will never understand your fascination with Quaggans; Jormag did nothing wrong.

Is just cool not much else to say:

Claw of the Khan-Ur

Eureka

HOPE

Nevermore but to be fair I'm picky with staves, currently there are no staves in this game I really like.

Pharus but to be fair a little plain in design, the effects are what make it.

Verdarach

But this is supposed to be a favorites list so:

Incinerator is really cool, but it's not like there is much competition for cool looking daggers lol.

The Predator I will make if I ever play something that uses Rifle.

Twilight not a mango blade and an epic dark gaze into the cosmos!

Binding Opus a legit reallllly cool tome who's precursor is the ars goeta... as an occult nerd this is alone would have made it awesome.

Exordium It changes shape and is the kind of blue that isn't a stupid colour.

Shining Blade 2nd best sword in game (infinite light is the best SWORD [because bolt is a wall hanger]) Only problem is it makes your entire sleeve purple, and it's bugged me enough to have to change my outfit several times to be content >=c

Xiuquatl You get a dragon familar, I don't even care that it's green and looks like a tiki totem.

...... Fight me.

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

I hate most of them, I use transmutation stones to change their ugly skins for more epic legendary themes.
    For example:

As you can see those skins look more legendary than the actual legendary skins.

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• Sunrise - well, first always love the most.

• Seteruss.4058Seteruss.4058 Member ✭✭✭

Chuka and Champawat cause of the crafting steps and awesome effects...

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Daishi.6027 said:
    "Ahem"

Flameseeker Prophecies isn't bad, but as far as tomes go it's a worse Binding opus.

Same with Kamohoali'i Kotaki, which is actually pretty cool; but double lol for that barely pronounceable name.

The Moot is lady gaga's disco stick, and is lol enough that I convinced someone to make it; so that in a year they'd have a legendary I know they'd eventually regret getting... and they did. >:}

Quip is exactly that.

Which I don't know if that's better or worse that Eternity is a mango blade half the time.

Astralaria is kinda neat, at the end of the day though it's a 2nd blue axe legendary... At least this one is sharper and shiny(er).

Sharur zzzzzz

Shooshadoo... I will never understand your fascination with Quaggans; Jormag did nothing wrong.

Claw of the Khan-Ur

Eureka

HOPE

Nevermore but to be fair I'm picky with staves, currently there are no staves in this game I really like.

Verdarach

Incinerator is really cool, but it's not like there is much competition for cool looking daggers lol.

Binding Opus a legit reallllly cool tome who's precursor is the ars goeta... as an occult nerd this is alone would have made it awesome.

Shining Blade 2nd best sword in game (infinite light is the best SWORD [because bolt is a wall hanger]) Only problem is it makes your entire sleeve purple, and it's bugged me enough to have to change my outfit several times to be content >=c

Xiuquatl You get a dragon familar, I don't even care that it's green and looks like a tiki totem.

...... Fight me.

Now I am awfully curious to hear what you think about Chuka and Champawat.

• yusayu.3629yusayu.3629 Member ✭✭✭

Exordium. Dunno, it looks very interesting for a Greatsword where the other Legendary Greatsword is just a glowy slice of paper tucked into a handle.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@yusayu.3629 said:
    Exordium. Dunno, it looks very interesting for a Greatsword where the other Legendary Greatsword is just a glowy slice of paper tucked into a handle.

It took me months to see why so many people like Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity. I normally play with the camera zoomed out and angled above and behind my character. From that angle they just look like flat black/white rectangles with a little bit of colour near the hilt. It was only when I happened to load into a map where my camera was stuck low to the ground and someone was right in front of me with one of those swords that I saw the sky effect and realised there was more to it than a flat square blade.

But I'm never going to make them myself (at least not to keep, I might sell them one day), because all I'd ever see was a flat rectangle. I have the same problem with the sword Ebb - in the preview window it looks amazing, but the best part is the reflections in the glass blade and when you're playing you won't get to see that, it will just look like a green sword.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Chuka and Champawat, that was an excellent journey that actually felt legendary. Such a shame they stopped producing those legendary quests.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

I own:
    Frostfang
    The Shining Blade
    Juggernaut
    Exordium

in the order that I made them.

My favorite is probably the Shining Blade, simply because the way it looks and the effects work very well with most of my characters :)

Bite me.

• Definitely the Juggernaut. I like being coated in metal.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cerioth.7062 said:

@Daishi.6027 said:
    "Ahem"

Quip is exactly that.

Sharur zzzzzz

Claw of the Khan-Ur

Eureka

HOPE

Verdarach

...... Fight me.

Now I am awfully curious to hear what you think about Chuka and Champawat.

ooof I knew I forgot at least one. I'll give a little extra ;)

Chuka and Champawat is freaking great! Normally I'm not fond of depictions of lions or tigers literally on the weapon, but the Red/Black/Gold aesthetic not only hits home for my tastes, but the physical design of the bow although clearly trying to evoke the mane of a large feline, does so subtly! Which I find important. If it was just tigers stripes I'd be complaining. While also adding a mystical element by having some parts detached and floating which I also love.

... That said I'm not super fond of the projectiles, but it is something I may be able to over look.
    If Mesmer ever gets access to short bow I may just make this purely so I can have illusions spamming tigers.

• I’ve only created HOPE for myself, but I love the effect and style of the Predator rifle.

• I really like the military/sci-fi vibe, so I made The Predator and HOPE. The journey to craft the "Hylek Optimized Projectile Experiment" was epic and you feel like you're really developing the legendary from start to finish (Research/Development/Prototype). The Predator was my first legendary so it was equally memorable.
    Both firearms are nice to me mainly because the sounds when fired, and HOPE also has those awesome sounds "power up", "shut down" and "recharge". I love the strong sound of Predator, Grenade Barrage pretty crazy. Saddly I have a kitten laptop to play so at least I can enjoy listen to my legy sounds lol.

Honorable mentions (Sci-Fi): The Cutting Edge, Scientific Shield.

• @MrForz.1953 said:
    I couldn't be a pirate and not have a rifle like the HMS Divinity. Flaming cannonballs and grenades have their merit.

which is why I still want Tengu to be a race - making a pirate themed tengu that looks like a parrot.

For me exordium, bifrost and binding of ipos. Using bifrost for my elementalist just makes total sense, and reminds me of my old Master of Magic Ele in GW1

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭

Dreamer. Since I got it I have not really used much else.

• My Favorites are favorites partly because they are rooted in lore:

The Flameseeker Prophecies: based on Glint's prophecies for the original GW1 campaign

Nevermore: based in Norn lore on their Spirits of the WIld (I'm also an Edgar Allen Poe fan). i also loved the collection journey's story

The Shining Blade: a gift from the last Seer ( an ancient race of Tyria that fought the Elder Dragons the last time they awoke, and also the mortal enemies of the Mursaat after the Mursaat abandoned the other races during that awakening) to the Shining Blade (the defenders of the monarchy of Kryta)

Pharus: the word means "beacon", released with episode 5 : All or Nothing... i very closely relate this bow with Aurene... the Update Notes actually hinted at lore that was never delivered in game or out, but imagine my Ranger crafted this in her grief.

i've made the three gen2's that i mentioned above.

my runners-ups would be:

Binding of Ipos: because it's a freaking book. one of my Necros is a storyteller in my fanfiction... based on the real world trivia from Ars Goetia, i imagine the possible in-game lore would be that this is the secret forbidden book read by Vhizier Khibron to stop the Charr invasion of Orr, resulting in The Cataclysm which sunk Orr, and turned Khilbron into The Lich, a Lieutenant of Abaddon.

Xiuquatl: that same Necro also joined the Priory, and is intrigued by certain magical artifacts. Also, Hylek lore.

"Bacon Defeciency DIsorder Sux"
    ~ The Baconnaire

• xenon.3264xenon.3264 Member ✭✭✭

Ok, do not kill me but I love sharur

The whole idea of a necrotic being hidden in your hammer which can only being visible during night is wonderful

The moving parts like grinds to keep it prisoner are a nice touch if u love the arah look and feel you love this one.

It is not very common cause hammer is out of every meta for every class. Next expansion with a hammer necro it would finally shine

• Astralaria because I went through the heck of making it and I still love it.
    Binding of iPods. Looks amazing, I just wish the footprints were eyes looking out from the void.
    I love my Moot, Dreamer and Quip because my friends loathe them.

I want Exordium, I just wish it was slightly smaller. And I'm not sure I can face the grind for gold again.

• It's not easy to choose favorite. I craft legendary weapons only if they fit my characters (e.g. Claw of Khan-Ur and The Predator for my charr deadeye, or The Shining Blade for human).
    HOPE is great, I like the idea of pistol shoting... I don't know what it is, but it's awesome. Sadly I have only one character that can wield a pistol and it's useful. My condi mirage. I could go condi engi, but I prefer power holo.
    Binding of Ipos is one of the best lege weapons in game. I planned to craft it for my necro, but some changes in focus for necro made this weapon... not useful for me.
    The Shining Blade Shiny and elegant weapon. My newest.

Commander, to ME!

• The Shining Blade. It's the first legendary I made from start to finish, and the the best looking.

• Interesting topic... I do not like any of them. Its pretty much the reason I have not crafted one. Don't get me wrong the utility of any legendary is nice but the overall graphical effects and design of the actual models are lacking in my opinion. kudos to those who like them but I am always waiting to see whats next.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    The Moot because it was my first 6.5 years ago and everyone knows disco is life.

Chuka and Champawat and Kraitkin are also up there with ones I like the most

Kraitkin looks really good (even for an underwater) and Chuka's entire crafting quest was one of the most absorbing things I've done in this game. Plus it looks dope.

Howler's probably the one to round out my top 3 though. Just wish warhorn had better usages.

• The Predator -- the name alone
    Nevermore -- I'm a huge Poe fan
    The Binding of Ipos -- using a mount with a book in front of you just looks cool

"That's what" -- She

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.