Improving Bag Space in the future

the new Equipment Templates are a big help here with improving bag space, but with all these future events, and future locations, more and more stuff will be introduced which clog up bag space.

I was wondering what can be done about this? this Halloween event alone comes with lots of its own items that take up bag space.

Will new bag slots be unlocked in the future or something? Would love a bag or two added, or even a few more bank slots.

Would love a Refrigerator to store multiple food items so they dont all take up bag space.

Another idea would be to add a Wardrobe storage closet that can store all the Wardrobe items similar to the Achievement Skins, so they can be held someplace other than in the Bag/Bank.

Same idea for WvW Sieges would be nice as well.

Since the introduction of getting unidentified gear everywhere inventory space shouldn't be an issue any longer. I mean you get 100 slots for free per char and most vets have (& others should aim for) all shared slots. With those and a decently organized bank how on earth you still don't get along with slots? I mean I have chars with 3 different gear types and even on them it's no problem at all to go to metas like Auric Basin.Ok, if you hoard your stuff like Teapot and never clean up but then it's on you but salvaging and selling trash from time to time on the run will keep the inventory very clean with a lot of space.

@Vinceman.4572 said:Since the introduction of getting unidentified gear everywhere inventory space shouldn't be an issue any longer. I mean you get 100 slots for free per char and most vets have (& others should aim for) all shared slots. With those and a decently organized bank how on earth you still don't get along with slots? I mean I have chars with 3 different gear types and even on them it's no problem at all to go to metas like Auric Basin.Ok, if you hoard your stuff like Teapot and never clean up but then it's on you but salvaging and selling trash from time to time on the run will keep the inventory very clean with a lot of space.

Well I have different Foods, Boosters, all shared slots use items I use across character like Black Lion consumables and stuff like that, Sieges of different tiers, Gear of different stats, Traps, few environmental weapons, different weapons, tonics, Map Triggers/keys, Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore, bounties.

that is just one character.

Bank is full of non material storage crafting supply, wardrobe skins, weapons/armors, toys, Material Storage supply beyond the cap, consumables, tonics, Tomes of Knowledge, Chest, Less commonly used Black Lion tools ,,,

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Vinceman.4572" said:Since the introduction of getting unidentified gear everywhere inventory space shouldn't be an issue any longer. I mean you get 100 slots for free per char and most vets have (& others should aim for) all shared slots. With those and a decently organized bank how on earth you still don't get along with slots? I mean I have chars with 3 different gear types and even on them it's no problem at all to go to metas like Auric Basin.Ok, if you hoard your stuff like Teapot and never clean up but then it's on you but salvaging and selling trash from time to time on the run will keep the inventory very clean with a lot of space.

Well I have different Foods, Boosters, all shared slots use items I use across character like Black Lion consumables and stuff like that, Sieges of different tiers, Gear of different stats, Traps, few environmental weapons, different weapons, tonics, Map Triggers/keys, Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore, bounties.

Bank is full of non material storage crafting supply, wardrobe skins, weapons/armors, toys, Material Storage supply beyond the cap, consumables, tonics, Tomes of Knowledge, Chest, Less commonly used Black Lion tools ,,,

I have all this stuff as well but still enough room to loot. Maybe the difference is that I don't use the same chars for WvW than for PvE and I was sure you won't do that as well because you were a "fan" of the new build template system. This wouldn't make sense now. ^^

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:Since the introduction of getting unidentified gear everywhere inventory space shouldn't be an issue any longer. I mean you get 100 slots for free per char and most vets have (& others should aim for) all shared slots. With those and a decently organized bank how on earth you still don't get along with slots? I mean I have chars with 3 different gear types and even on them it's no problem at all to go to metas like Auric Basin.Ok, if you hoard your stuff like Teapot and never clean up but then it's on you but salvaging and selling trash from time to time on the run will keep the inventory very clean with a lot of space.

I have all this stuff as well but still enough room to loot. Maybe the difference is that I don't use the same chars for WvW than for PvE and I was sure you won't do that as well because you were a "fan" of the new build template system. This wouldn't make sense now. ^^

dont see the relation between using same character for PvE and WvW, and liking the Build Template system.

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:the new Equipment Templates are a big help here with improving bag space, but with all these future events, and future locations, more and more stuff will be introduced which clog up bag space.

I was wondering what can be done about this? this Halloween event alone comes with lots of its own items that take up bag space.

Will new bag slots be unlocked in the future or something? Would love a bag or two added, or even a few more bank slots.

Would love a Refrigerator to store multiple food items so they dont all take up bag space.

Another idea would be to add a Wardrobe storage closet that can store all the Wardrobe items similar to the Achievement Skins, so they can be held someplace other than in the Bag/Bank.

Same idea for WvW Sieges would be nice as well.

Buy more bag slots and craft 32 slot bags. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag

Buy more bank tabs, you can have 17. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account_vault

Get shared inventory slots. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Inventory_Slot

And... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Vault

And... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Storage_Expander

And... manage your inventory better.

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:

[...]All of these comments are based in my play style, so likely a lot differs, but at least ideas on what to actually think about the value of:Sieges of different tiers,Why keep different tiers? What is the actual gain to keep anything but either guild or superior?Gear of different stats, Traps, few environmental weapons, different weapons, tonics, Map Triggers/keys,Since the vast majority of keys were added to the wallet, how much is this? SW Shovels and Treasure Hunting Kits, sure, but what really else?Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite OreWhy on earth would you carry that around on a character you actively play? Why even store more than your material storage can hold?, bounties.Unclear what you mean by this? The Shining Blade Bounties? I see no reason to pick up specific bounties more than I'd go to hunt right then, and even less reason to keep hold of them when I move on to other gameplay; but you do you.

Bank is full of non material storage crafting supply, wardrobe skins,How many transmutation charges do you have? Do you spend more than you earn?Most (definitely not all!) longish-term players get transmutation charges faster than they spend them. If this fits you, why keep the item? The only thing it saves is a charge. Unless it's something you hold to sell later, and for that kind of item, I'd strongly recommend a storage alt.weapons/armors, toys,Most toys can be added to the Utilities wardrobe now, same with any of the tonics that are permanent.Material Storage supply beyond the cap,What is your cap? How many different materials are worth holding above that? Sell excess, or move to a storage alt if absolutely keeping.consumables, tonics, Tomes of Knowledge,One stack is 3 full characters leveled from 1 to 80. Utterly pointless tobkeep more, convert excess to Shards.Chest, Less commonly used Black Lion tools ,,,

Now I hope nothing of this comes off as condecending. I mean it as advice, sometimes firm. ;)

To tie it all back to the actual topic title: each character can have a potential max of 320 inventory slots. If the "standard" 90-100 slots (base bag slots with 18-20 slot bags) aren't enough, there are the 5 additional slots, and bags up to 32 slots in size. Pick which way you expand. If you're running out of space when actually maxed out, you need to change your inventory habits rather than get more space.

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Why would anyone bank wardrobe skins? Once they're unlocked, there's no reason to hold them.

Because they don't cost anything to put on.

They cost in inventory space instead, I suppose. I don't swap wardrobe that often, so I have a small stockpile of transmutation charges. I'm guessing ANet prefers a model in which players who do swap often would need to purchase charges from the gem store.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Why would anyone bank wardrobe skins? Once they're unlocked, there's no reason to hold them.

They cost in inventory space instead, I suppose. I don't swap wardrobe that often, so I have a small stockpile of transmutation charges. I'm guessing ANet prefers a model in which players who do swap often would need to purchase charges from the gem store.

I don't swap stuff often either, have 100s of those skin swap token, I'm just cheap :)

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:

I don't swap stuff often either, have 100s of those skin swap token, I'm just cheap :)

With the amount of skins I have, it really would feel wasteful to toss them. And I'm not going to toss them then buy charges. It's been asked before by quite a few people, I'll ask again that if you pay gems for a skin that then unlocks to the wardrobe as soon as you acquire it (presumably needs to happen that way to make sure it can't be traded), then you should be able to convert the skin item to a transmutation charge and clear that inventory spot without losing the free use. You paid for it, after all.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Vinceman.4572" said:I have all this stuff as well but still enough room to loot. Maybe the difference is that I don't use the same chars for WvW than for PvE and I was sure you won't do that as well because you were a "fan" of the new build template system. This wouldn't make sense now. ^^

dont see the relation between using same character for PvE and WvW, and liking the Build Template system.Because being even a bit serious about one of those modes means you will have more than one gear set for it. If you add both modes together on a single char, it is
extremely
easy to end up with more than 6 different gear setups. Or at the very least see how for other people 6 gear setups would not be enough. So, it is an easy assumption to make that you either don't play both modes on a single char, or you are not very serious about at least one of them.