Fun mount ideas thread (NOT A REAL SUGGESTION THREAD)

NOTE: I realise that season 5 still could technically be tied to path of fire and could maybe potentially add new mounts. this thread isn't based on that potential and is not in any way shape or form supposed to be a suggestion thread.

I wanted to make a fun thread about cool random mount ideas that could be made. this thread isn't supposed to be taken seriously but instead just kind of a fun potluck of ideas that people may have and the potential discussions around them. to add to the fun, feel free to add additional abilities to already existing mounts.

I guess i'll start with a couple of suggestions.

Junundu mount: the burrowing mount. the mount ability would be a burrow ability that, similar to the skimmer, could be held down until the bar was depleted and can be activated via either the jump or mount ability 1 keybind. Mastery 1 would give the mount a mount ability 2 that would pull the junundu wurm into the ground and grant it invisibility while making it stationary. mastery 2 would enhance the engage skill (which would be the junundu dive into the ground and the player would pop up from the ground) and turn it into a knockback. mastery 3 would extend the duration both mount abilities could be used for. Alternatively, mastery 3 could let junundu burrow through specific 'paths', similar to sand portals but more locally restrained with a bit more animation, letting junundu burrow through 'walls' essentially and finding secret locations that way too.

gecko mount: the climbing mount. taking inspiration from the dropped spider mount, mount ability 1 would allow the gecko to stick to surfaces and climb them and, similar to the skyscale's blue bar, deplete its stamina bar faster the nearer to a 90 degree angle upwards from the ground the movement gets (for ease of use it could be a toggle ability almost, press default 'V' which makes you stick until you run out of stamina or jump). its niche would be anywhere that the springer has a hard time hopping on because of sharper angles that some places (like mount maelstrom) have where the upwards angled terrain that makes characters slide down on them unless the devs build explicit paths that can be walked on. mastery 1 could allow the gecko to walk up verticle walls with it's mount 1 ability and reduce the impact moving near vertically upwards would have on stamina reduction. mastery 2 would enhance the engage skill (probably some sort of tongue lick) to pull a target to the player, being the second mount where the player doesn't move from their initial location (the first being the skyscale). mastery 3 would enhance the stickiness to allow players to hang upside down on ceilings and reduce stamina reduction further.

i can't think of a specific animal right now, but some ghost related mount that could probab;y walk through walls. though honestly that could be the domain of a 'jackal mastery 5'.

and that's all i can think of right now. feel free to talk about your own fun ideas for mounts!

It's not a mount but I still like the idea of having a brown horse skin for the warclaw, preferably one unlocked via a long achievement or collection, or as a 2k gem skin. I like that in GW2 animals like raptors and sand jackals that would be the super-rare mounts in other games are the basic ones you start off with, and I really like the idea of that going full circle and having the basic brown horse as a rare mount skin.

I think it would work for the warclaw because the shape is approximately right (closer than any of the other mounts anyway) and because it's one of the ones which is harder to obtain, which fits the theme here. Even better horses are practically mythical animals in GW2 - people know about them but they're never seen (there is 1 horse in GW2, but he's invisible) so it makes sense it would be a rare and special mount.

@"Tiviana.2650" said:Starfish mount, im just going to put that out there.

that would be a ridiculous mount to ride, especially if it moved like a real starfish

@"kurfu.5623" said:Similar in spirit to "Teleport to a Friend" - "Teleport to a Friend and Ride Their Shoulders" :p

World of Warcraft has 'Recruit a friend', GW2 gets 'Mount a friend'.

No more mount additions! Upgrade the ones that currently exist. The Skycale was a mount that could really have just had its abilities merged with the Griffon, Rabbit, or heck, even the Skimmer to make it a more useful mount. The Bunny's special ability was to jump high which the Skyscale can basically do with it's hover/flight, rendering the bunny kind of obsolete.

Mounts could even have pseudo-specialization tree, similar to class specialization. For example, the griffon could specialize into the hover/flight mode that the Skyscale. Or the bunny could specialize into the cliff-grapple that a Skyscale has. There are a lot of options that developers could take that don't require more and more mounts. We only have so many hot-keys on our keyboards that we'd ideally like to use...

@weskay.9217 said:No more mount additions!

just a reminder that this was not a serious mount suggestion thread, as pointed out in the title and unedited first post.

@castlemanic.3198 said:NOTE: I realise that season 5 still could technically be tied to path of fire and could maybe potentially add new mounts. this thread isn't based on that potential and is not in any way shape or form supposed to be a suggestion thread.

but an interesting post nonetheless.