Raising TP Cap to 20,000 gold

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Dante.1763 said:or...they could make these items have a drop rate thats decent so they wont be more expensive than a single Eternity, an actual legendary item. if they want infusions to be legendary they should have a drop rate that makes the going price the same as the average legendary price on the market. Hell they could even make them have a drop rate that would average a tier 2 legendary.

Or maybe they want them to be worth more. There's nothing that says that the price of all items need to be capped at the price of a legendary.If they wanted them to be worth more than 10k, they
would
have raised the TP cap.

The posted you quoted was about them being capped at the price of a legendary. It made no reference to the actual TP cap.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Dante.1763 said:or...they could make these items have a drop rate thats decent so they wont be more expensive than a single Eternity, an actual legendary item. if they want infusions to be legendary they should have a drop rate that makes the going price the same as the average legendary price on the market. Hell they could even make them have a drop rate that would average a tier 2 legendary.

Or maybe they want them to be worth more. There's nothing that says that the price of all items need to be capped at the price of a legendary.If they wanted them to be worth more than 10k, they
would
have raised the TP cap.

The posted you quoted was about them being capped at the price of a legendary. It made no reference to the actual TP cap.

No i didnt. i kinda figured it wouldnt be needed given i was trying to point out what i thought the price should be for an infusion. Its not a legendary item, i dont think it should cost as much(And should in no way be costing above what the cap is of the TP.) as the most expensive legendary to craft thats currently sellable. Anets either fine with, it or just doesnt care enough to change the drop rate cause of lack of interest or attention to the them, i wouldnt be surprised by either.

@Tammuz.7361 said:Regardless, the current method of capping TP at 10k is hurting economy, hurting people who both want to buy (and have to wait in queue to purchase) as well as sell (and cant get the more than 10k its worth) the infusion; finally its hurting anet gem sales since there are people who would buy gems to convert gold to buy the infusions if they could.

Everyone may joke about fassion wars, but Anet really REALLY needs the money (see layoffs earlier this year), and this is whats keeping the game alive while not being PTW.

I hate to break this to you, but the wealthiest players don't use the TP for nearly anything. They form merchant guilds and use the guild bank to facilitate material trades, all to bypass the sales tax. These players aren't going to place their infusions on the market, period. It doesn't matter what the TP cap is.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I hate to break this to you, but the wealthiest players don't use the TP for nearly anything. They form merchant guilds and use the guild bank to facilitate material trades, all to bypass the sales tax. These players aren't going to place their infusions on the market, period. It doesn't matter what the TP cap is.

Pretty much this. It's why raising the TP cap would do no good. If you really want to address the issue about players trading off the TP (and thus avoiding the sales tax), and the flip-side issue of having ultra-rare items being practically unattainable for players, then the only solution is to increase the drop rate for those ultra-rare items until they are common enough to start filtering their way into the market due to simple saturation. How common should these items be? Well, that's another matter for debate.

@Dante.1763 said:

would
have raised the TP cap.

No i didnt. i kinda figured it wouldnt be needed given i was trying to point out what i thought the price should be for an infusion. Its not a legendary item, i dont think it should cost as much(And should in no way be costing above what the cap is of the TP.) as the most expensive legendary to craft thats currently sellable. Anets either fine with, it or just doesnt care enough to change the drop rate cause of lack of interest or attention to the them, i wouldnt be surprised by either.

Why would they facilitate a change in the drop rate though.. one of the knock on effects of supply starvation is price hiking which in turn pushes those players that just can't do without to buying gems and converting to gold... heck is it no surprise these days they actually advertise the gem to gold exchange rate along with chairs etc. This is the perfect storm for them, a win win situation.If players buy high using already attained wealth then that wealth just gets pushed into a few hands rather than having many players with all that gold spread around, pushing up the potential for future gem purchases as wealth is taken out of the game or pushed to those few hands to control. Then more payers feel compelled to buy gems and convert then pass that to the barons its a rolling stone effect and a double whammy for ANET. This is a business after all not a charity.Would we all like a better chance at dropping certain items - of course, only those TP barons would be shedding tears, but don't hold your breath for it to happen, better to rise above the prestige hype and let the barons sit on that wealth and pile of trinkets I say.