Post 80 level rewards

Clovers will only affect indirectly with the coin mystic forge gamble. They are account bound.Mystic Coins are currently just shy of a gold and a half.

I do agree to some extend, but then again, all rewards are quite strange post-80.Do level 80 events to get level 20 gear? weird. Rare and Exotic are so rare, yet we get bombarded with worthless stuff.

Not to mention the thousands upon thousands of Auric Dust, Bloodstone Dust and Empyreal Fragments I have destroyed.

Rewards post-80 are Meh.

I like the idea of being able to get something other than spirit shards. I have so many of them that I doubt I'll ever need more, so I basically ignore the XP I'm getting. I don't mind that, it doesn't put me off playing or anything because I've never been motivated by getting XP, but if there was the option to get something else instead I'd take it.

They could balance it by requiring more (or less) XP based on the item chosen - so for example mystic coins would need far more XP than spirit shards, meaning you earn them more slowly. Or maybe they'd want to stick to account bound items so it won't (directly) affect the economy? Even if it was just other currencies like karma, unbound/volatile magic, laurels etc. it would be an improvement.

For those that have so much blood stone dust, empiral fragments, spirit shards and dragon ore, that kind of shows people that aren't doing much by way of building legendaries, leveling cooking ability, etc.

I spend all that stuff as soon as I get it. I'm low on spirit shards at the moment. I spent a lot of the bloodstone dust, empiral fragments and dragonite ore just to max my cooking to 500.

But, I agree with you on the Auric Dust and Airship oil. I haven't figured out a way to spend the tens of thousands of piles of that I've accumulated.

Lets consider the rewards for the 30th day log-in box for a moment:

Chest of Ascended Crafting Materials - Contains a Vision Crystal and 1 or 2 ascended cloth, leather, metal, or wood crafting materials.Chest of Legendary Crafting Materials - Contains 8 Obsidian Shards and 7 Mystic Clovers.Chest of Plentiful Laurels - Contains 20 Laurels.Chest of Grand Experience - Contains 6 Tomes of Knowledge.

If we divide each by the 6 from Tomes of Knowledge, we can get an approximate value for these per level up. It's not great.

I'm working with the assumption that the chests are meant to be equal each other in value. By this metric, 6 levels is worth any of the following individually: 20 laurels, about 1.5 ascended materials & a vision crystal, or 8 Obby & 7 Mystic Clovers. It's dangerous to make the equation here because all of those things are subjectively worth more or less to each individual player and what their immediate goals are.

That said, we all know that a tome of knowledge is not worth the same thing to someone at level 80 compared to someone not yet at 80. The person 79 and below can't make any real progress to making a large number of mystic forge recipes and legendary items at all until they have a substantial amount of Spirit Shards. Since they're only available at level 80 and with maximum masteries for the expansions the person has on their account it's entirely possible to go for a long while before earning them.

Just an observation.

IMO - would require several millions of exp to get even the smallest reward. I level up several times over in HoT maps just getting amalg stones. It is really low effort to get a single level past 80.

i suppose i wouldn't be opposed to it providing there's no chest cus id be opening just so many, BUT, because exp accumilates so quickly it'd need some obscenely high numbers to not ruin the economy for given rewards. And in the case of acct bound mats, economy = sellable things reliant on those mats.

Simplest would be to have more things you could spend spirit shards on. That is just updating a merchant, and the values can be such that it does not have much long term impact (there may be short term as everyone cashes in their extra spirit shards).Clearly the 30th day rewards does not have equal rewards - 6 tomes of knowledge (6 levels) would be much too cheap for most stuff.But if it was 100 spirit shards for a laurel or mystic clover or whatever, even with it being pretty expensive, I'd be willing to spend some of my excess spirit shards on that.

@"FrigginPaco.4178" said:Lets consider the rewards for the 30th day log-in box for a moment:

Chest of Ascended Crafting Materials - Contains a Vision Crystal and 1 or 2 ascended cloth, leather, metal, or wood crafting materials.Chest of Legendary Crafting Materials - Contains 8 Obsidian Shards and 7 Mystic Clovers.Chest of Plentiful Laurels - Contains 20 Laurels.Chest of Grand Experience - Contains 6 Tomes of Knowledge.

If we divide each by the 6 from Tomes of Knowledge, we can get an approximate value for these per level up. It's not great.

I'm working with the assumption that the chests are meant to be equal each other in value. By this metric, 6 levels is worth any of the following individually: 20 laurels, about 1.5 ascended materials & a vision crystal, or 8 Obby & 7 Mystic Clovers. It's dangerous to make the equation here because all of those things are subjectively worth more or less to each individual player and what their immediate goals are.

That said, we all know that a tome of knowledge is not worth the same thing to someone at level 80 compared to someone not yet at 80. The person 79 and below can't make any real progress to making a large number of mystic forge recipes and legendary items at all until they have a substantial amount of Spirit Shards. Since they're only available at level 80 and with maximum masteries for the expansions the person has on their account it's entirely possible to go for a long while before earning them.

Just an observation.

You don't have to be L80 to acquire Spirit Shards, though there are more avenues to doing so at L80.

Here's an example: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Small_Bag_of_Spirit_Shards

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"FrigginPaco.4178" said:Lets consider the rewards for the 30th day log-in box for a moment:

Chest of Ascended Crafting Materials - Contains a Vision Crystal and 1 or 2 ascended cloth, leather, metal, or wood crafting materials.Chest of Legendary Crafting Materials - Contains 8 Obsidian Shards and 7 Mystic Clovers.Chest of Plentiful Laurels - Contains 20 Laurels.
Chest of Grand Experience
- Contains 6 Tomes of Knowledge.

That said, we all know that a tome of knowledge is not worth the same thing to someone at level 80 compared to someone not yet at 80. The person 79 and below can't make any real progress to making a large number of mystic forge recipes and legendary items at all until they have a substantial amount of Spirit Shards. Since they're only available at level 80
and with maximum masteries for the expansions the person has on their account
it's entirely possible to go for a long while before earning them.

Just an observation.

You don't have to be L80 to acquire Spirit Shards, though there are more avenues to doing so at L80.

Here's an example:

True enough, but yeah it's quite a bit simpler to get em after you're all set up at 80.

What I hate the most is looting everywhere those annoying dragonite/bloodstone/empyreal... if there where an option to disable their loot.... it's garbage. When you hear ascended, you see weapons, gears, mats like demdrimor ingot but not that....

The second point is those shards, 2000+ of them, would really enjoy to chose with somthing else each reward. Why not tome of knowledge or laurel? Clover? (1~3)