Ranger Damage

Ten.2617

@Ashimmu.4219 said:Thanks for bringing it!Soulbeast can hit hard in melee and in range, having good survivability, which is wrong and unbalanced (no fun to play).On the other hand I accept Deadeye design (big tradeoff for ultimate range damage) - rangers should be toned down in that direction as well.

TLDRI'm a thief, I don't like it when rangers kill me using my own tactics...

needs nerf

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:In all seriousness though:

1. Ranger struggles competitively. It actually sucks right now and sees a very low representation in higher tier play.
  2. If you're having trouble dealing with glass cannon Rangers, you need to l2p. This stuff is not difficult to counter, especially in this meta.
  3. Every class in the game right is capable of 1HKO bursting or straight 1 to 2 shot KO single strikes. ALL OF THEM. The truth is that kids in GW2 get absolutely raged from anything that deals ranged damage at all. Even if we halved the damage of Long Range Shot and Rapid Fire, you guys would still be in here complaining about Ranger damage. In fact.... I'm having de ja vu I think... didn't this already happen? Oh and look, people are still complaining about ranged damage.

÷1

I have to agree with you

-as a former Ranger Profession player, theyve come a long way of neglect. To be honest: as their name says...range. They are the King of Range, (not Warriors, Engineers, Elementalist or Thief Professions..not anyone) their range attacks should hit the longest and hardest and that is well deserved-

@Burnfall.9573 said:

1. Ranger struggles competitively. It actually sucks right now and sees a very low representation in higher tier play.
  2. If you're having trouble dealing with glass cannon Rangers, you need to l2p. This stuff is not difficult to counter, especially in this meta.
  3. Every class in the game right is capable of 1HKO bursting or straight 1 to 2 shot KO single strikes. ALL OF THEM.
    The truth is that kids in GW2 get absolutely raged from anything that deals ranged damage at all. Even if we halved the damage of Long Range Shot and Rapid Fire, you guys would still be in here complaining about Ranger damage. In fact.... I'm having de ja vu I think... didn't this already happen? Oh and look, people are still complaining about ranged damage.

÷1

I have to agree with you

-as a former Ranger Profession player, theyve come a long way of neglect. To be honest: as their name says...range. They are the King of ranges, (not Warriors, Engineers, Elementalist or Thief Professions..not anyone) their range attacks should hit the longest and hardest and that is well deserved-

Umm no rangers are rangers cuz they range the land(survivalist) that's is proficient in ranged and melee combat, just so happens the favor bows for obvious reasons for ranged engagements and usually swords/axes for melee. There is no reason a ranger should be more proficient than any other ranged profession. The range in ranger does not stand for ranged engagements.

Ranger ranged damage isn't that bad if you're not built like glass and have a few CD up. If they catch you off guard the first time and you survive you should know going forward to play "run around the tree/wall/post/ect..". I would be more worried about rifle warrior and kill shot if we're talking ranged power damage. Not that it's "meta" so to say, just supremely annoying.

@Jaka.3182 said:To op. Its not the ranger... its soulbeast. Its pof2win case just like in any other case.guards are fine only fb is broken, thief is fine only de is toxic gameplay, mesmers are fine, mirage is completely broken, ele is fine only weaver is broken, engi is ok, holo is lol and etc. So pretty much this is the case for every class. Pof destroyed pvp with horrible design that shouldnt exists. Mesmers got distortion on dodge, des can 1 shot from range and were given stealth on dodge, sb can cc you more than any1 what made hammer obsolete.Devs made possible that and you are trying to ask them to fix this? They are the root of all this

How is DE toxic gameplay compared to Mesmer or FA ele?

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@"Jaka.3182" said:To op. Its not the ranger... its soulbeast. Its pof2win case just like in any other case.guards are fine only fb is broken, thief is fine only de is toxic gameplay, mesmers are fine, mirage is completely broken, ele is fine only weaver is broken, engi is ok, holo is lol and etc. So pretty much this is the case for every class. Pof destroyed pvp with horrible design that shouldnt exists. Mesmers got distortion on dodge, des can 1 shot from range and were given stealth on dodge, sb can cc you more than any1 what made hammer obsolete.Devs made possible that and you are trying to ask them to fix this? They are the root of all this

'Condi deadeye in WvW GW2.'Fighting against some other people with cancer builds, like condi rev, condi mirage and condi trap rangers.'

LB 4, 2 (Dodge here), LB 3. -They merge smokescale- Merge F2, F1(Dodge it) F3. Gs2 (dodge and turn toward the ranger) Gs5. Now it's your turn. Proceed to burst.Alternatively if you're feeling spicy and they don't have stab you can stun them at the end of merge F2. That's how it works on warrior anyway. Pew pew Ranger is like a less annoying DE and someone should always focus them in a fight.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

3. Every class in the game right is capable of 1HKO bursting or straight 1 to 2 shot KO single strikes. ALL OF THEM.
    The truth is that kids in GW2 get absolutely raged from anything that deals ranged damage at all. Even if we halved the damage of Long Range Shot and Rapid Fire, you guys would still be in here complaining about Ranger damage. In fact.... I'm having de ja vu I think... didn't this already happen? Oh and look, people are still complaining about ranged damage.

÷1

I have to agree with you

-as a former Ranger Profession player, theyve come a long way of neglect. To be honest: as their name says...range. They are the King of ranges, (not Warriors, Engineers, Elementalist or Thief Professions..not anyone) their range attacks should hit the longest and hardest and that is well deserved-

Umm no rangers are rangers cuz they range the land(survivalist) that's is proficient in ranged and melee combat, just so happens the favor bows for obvious reasons for ranged engagements and usually swords/axes for melee. There is no reason a ranger should be more proficient than any other ranged profession. The range in ranger does not stand for ranged engagements.

are you seriously dictating what a class should and shouldn't be able to do from lore names.

kitten facepalm

3. Every class in the game right is capable of 1HKO bursting or straight 1 to 2 shot KO single strikes. ALL OF THEM. The truth is that kids in GW2 get absolutely raged from anything that deals ranged damage at all. Even if we halved the damage of Long Range Shot and Rapid Fire, you guys would still be in here complaining about Ranger damage. In fact.... I'm having de ja vu I think... didn't this already happen? Oh and look, people are still complaining about ranged damage.

In all seriousness though:

1. Mesmer struggles competitively. It actually sucks right now and sees a very low representation in higher tier play.
  2. If you're having trouble dealing with glass cannon Mesmers, you need to l2p. This stuff is not difficult to counter, especially in this meta.
  3. Every class in the game right is capable of 1HKO bursting or straight 1 to 2 shot KO single strikes. ALL OF THEM. The truth is that kids in GW2 get absolutely raged from anything that deals ranged damage at all. Even if we halved the damage of Mirror Blade and Mind Wrack, you guys would still be in here complaining about Mesmers damage. In fact.... I'm having de ja vu I think... didn't this already happen? Oh and look, people are still complaining about ranged damage.

@MrFrusciante.2438 said:

÷1

I have to agree with you

are you seriously dictating what a class should and shouldn't be able to do from lore names.

kitten facepalm

Ummm no I'm stating what the ranger class archetype means and represents meaning a ranger doesn't have to mean its automatcally tops as far as ranged damage or viability and also doesn't mean it can't be more melee focused.Facepalm

@Jasonbdj.4021 said:24k from rapid fire alone here on a nerco.... guess i'll continue to keep away from pvp trash mode till the next balance as it still dumb face roll gameplay

Necro to this day remains one of the most unfun classes to go against..especially core necro, being constantly loaded with disabiliting conditions on top of dmg ones...it's not fun and equally dumb. PvP has been trash mode since Dec 2014 with the Dhuum patch, ofc I don't expect a necro main to recognize that, no class is fun to fight in GW2...they all have highly unskilled mechanics...at least I can see past my own bias

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Jasonbdj.4021 said:24k from rapid fire alone here on a nerco.... guess i'll continue to keep away from pvp trash mode till the next balance as it still dumb face roll gameplay

Necro to this day remains one of the most unfun classes to go against..especially core necro, being constantly loaded with disabiliting conditions on top of dmg ones...it's not fun and equally dumb. PvP has been trash mode since Dec 2014 with the Dhuum patch, ofc I don't expect a necro main to recognize that, no class is fun to fight in GW2...they all have highly unskilled mechanics...at least I can see past my own bias

the only beef I ever had with necro was them hitting throught walls, from staff2,3,4,5 to reaper shround and spinning with extra range, all hits throught range. and has deceptively huge range.Expecially those tiny asura reapers.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

This^Gw2 is all unskilled cheese builds these days and pvp is literally about out cheesing ur opponent. All the classes need massive reworks which wont happen anytime soon so enjoy lol. One mistake the devs made which the shoulda known better was to create counters than create counters to counters and so on lolSuch a mess.

I don't get why they don't give Rapid Fire the Meteor Shower treatment:

• Damage is reduced by 10% each time a foe is struck by this ability to a minimum of 20%.

It would still stack vulnerability, still hit like a truck at the start, however it wouldn't chug through your health after like it currently does. Given it's low cooldown (10 secs) this would be more than fair of a nerf.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Jaka.3182" said:To op. Its not the ranger... its soulbeast. Its pof2win case just like in any other case.guards are fine only fb is broken, thief is fine only de is toxic gameplay, mesmers are fine, mirage is completely broken, ele is fine only weaver is broken, engi is ok, holo is lol and etc. So pretty much this is the case for every class. Pof destroyed pvp with horrible design that shouldnt exists. Mesmers got distortion on dodge, des can 1 shot from range and were given stealth on dodge, sb can cc you more than any1 what made hammer obsolete.Devs made possible that and you are trying to ask them to fix this? They are the root of all this

'Condi deadeye in WvW GW2.'Fighting against some other people with cancer builds, like condi rev, condi mirage and condi trap rangers.'

WvW in the PvP -section of forums. Why?

@apharma.3741 said:

In all seriousness though:
  1. Mesmer struggles competitively. It actually sucks right now and sees a very low representation in higher tier play.
  2. If you're having trouble dealing with glass cannon Mesmers, you need to l2p. This stuff is not difficult to counter, especially in this meta.
  3. Every class in the game right is capable of 1HKO bursting or straight 1 to 2 shot KO single strikes. ALL OF THEM. The truth is that kids in GW2 get absolutely raged from anything that deals ranged damage at all. Even if we halved the damage of Mirror Blade and Mind Wrack, you guys would still be in here complaining about Mesmers damage. In fact.... I'm having de ja vu I think... didn't this already happen? Oh and look, people are still complaining about ranged damage.

1. Team USA's full team won basically every single Monthly Automated Tournament with a mesmer.
  2. Double condi mirage also beat Team USA during a recent monthly.
  3. If you don't instantly die vs. a glass cannon mesmer from stealth, either the mesmer did something wrong or you're running an extremely tanky build.