Balance patch predictions

Based on what people on the forums seem to want, here are my predictions for the big pvp 2.0 megapatch:

Weaver: Stances are removed from the game. All evade durations reduced to 0.1 seconds.Necro: Movement speed reduced by 66% to account for how op speed runes are.Mesmer: Removed all stealth abilities from mesmer, added a 1s cast time to activating mantras.Holosmith: Reduced healing from healing turret by 50%, added a 10s cooldown to holo leapRanger: Reduced pet damage by 90%. Pet cc skills have been removed. Pets can no longer follow targets more than 300 range from the ranger. Pets that are killed are dead permanently.Thief: Thief has been removed from the game. Thief has been replaced by the new "Purloiner" class.Firebrand: All boon generating abilities have their duration reduced by 80%. All skills have their range reduced to 120.Revenant: All damage reduced by 50%. All skills have an added 0.5s cast time to them.Warrior: All might generation has been removed. Reckless dodge has been removed and replaced by "meek tumbling"

Well some classes ioffer way to much overall wich has been and exponentional path to powercreeping.

Removing some stuff and adding few improvement sounds like a good balance patch towards reward player by its real skill.

If in game a class that has most effective combat mechanics stacked all together, some stuff needs to reduced in a way other.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Well some classes ioffer way to much overall wich has been and exponentional path to powercreeping.

Removing some stuff and adding few improvement sounds like a good balance patch towards reward player by its real skill.

If in game a class that has most effective combat mechanics stacked all together, some stuff needs to reduced in a way other.

Im still of the mindset we nerf everything to the ground, and rebuild from there, starting mainly with boon application. no one should be able to achieve above 50% boon uptime without help from teammates, talking pvp exclusively.

@Laera Myrith.7605 said:

@"Funkystuff.1563" said:guys havent played for some months. i just saw that they are working on a big rebalance patch. any news about the date its gonna drop?

"soon" which means "Anet soon" so could be a week could be 6 months :confused:

February

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Troll post . We just got click - baited . Ignore.

All of these are silly suggestions.

No shit Sherlock

Holosmith: PF cooldown now is 105 seconds to match Chronomancer's Continuum SplitWeaver: Twist of Fate now has only 1 charge. Primordial stance has only 1 charge. Stability granted by weaver stances is now 1 secondNecro: Axe2 damage is nerfed by 69%.Mesmer: PU is renamed into Punishment Understanding - self-reveal on attempt to stealth. Mantras have only 1 charge. MoP no longer gives might.Ranger: GS4 cd is 25s, maul is 6s cd - pet bonus damage is 25%. Gazelle damage is reduced by 50%.Thief: Pistol whip no longer stuns. Infiltrator strike: LoS check or immobilize removed. DE stealth evade is deleted.Firebrand: mantras have only 1 charge. Renewing focus reduce tome cd's by 50% for FB only.Revenant: Shiro evade no longer gives energy. Legend swap cooldown - 15 seconds.Warrior: Reckless dodge is still unblockable but damage is reduced by 69%. Arcing slice needs to be changed so power of the skill scales with adrenaline spent, not always be "do the same damage no matter how much adrenaline spent", so the current state would be 3rd adrenaline bar.Very few are meme changes ;)

CC damage nerfs across the board if its a CC and does damage it wont anymoreLess boonsLess 1 shot potential for everyone but specifically for the biggest offenders, thief, mesmer, revGreat reduction in skills that do damage and evade at the same time.Any invuln skill nerfing outgoing damageSelf might nerfs across the board

Guardian/Firebrand gets nerfed but gets compensated like it almost always doesRanger nerfs because realistically needs them but also complaintsRev nerfs because damage complaintsMirage nerfs because complaintsThief nerfs because spam complaintsMinor holo nerfsWarrior nerfs because realistically needs them but also complaintsWeaver nerfs in damage or sustainNecro nerfs because thats thematic must be slower and weaker than other professions by game launch day values

2020 predictions by the new black lion copper fed Balance Crystal Ball. Get yours today for 200 gems.

@Odik.4587 said:Holosmith: PF cooldown now is 105 seconds to match Chronomancer's Continuum Split

Made my day xD But you forgot Holomode should consume one other f-skill (why Holo still has f5?), i suggest it always consumes the strongest defensive ability, for example the elixir s toolskill. Maybe also add a mechanic the Holo needs to pre-collect before being able to use any f-skill, you know a fair trade off ala chronomancer.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:when the patch hits someone should do a patch reaction video

You mean a 10 mins cry in pain video? I might can do that!

On a serious note, im all for nerfing powercreep all over the board and reworking some passive parts of class mechanics, i am just worried about HOW Anet might do it after seeing the trade offs already happened.

@bravan.3876 said:

@Odik.4587 said:Holosmith: PF cooldown now is 105 seconds to match Chronomancer's Continuum Split

Made my day xD But you forgot Holomode should consume one other f-skill (why Holo still has f5?), i suggest it always consumes the strongest defensive ability, for example the elixir s toolskill. Maybe also add a mechanic the Holo needs to pre-collect before being able to use any f-skill, you know a fair trade off ala chronomancer.I thought about making chrono-treatment :D

@Odik.4587 said:

Made my day xD But you forgot Holomode should consume one other f-skill (why Holo still has f5?), i suggest it always consumes the strongest defensive ability, for example the elixir s toolskill. Maybe also add a mechanic the Holo needs to pre-collect before being able to use any f-skill, you know a fair trade off ala chronomancer.I thought about making chrono-treatment :D

All specs should get chrono treatment, in particular core specs, and then we get a new expansion with new not unfun, not unplayable, not clunky and for that with some gameplayflow and skill ceiling/floor specs. So we all will buy them! That would be a deal :trollface: