What did he mean by this XD

Genesis.5169

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Mesmer:

In this update we are making some changes to the greatsword and domination trait line in order to provide a more reliable baseline ranged damage build or mesmer. We are removing the Confounding Suggestions trait which has been problematic to balance in the past due to its power level and adding in a new trait Vicious Expression which plays better with the Domination line's boon removal. Finally we are changing the Mirage Elusive Mind to no longer break stuns as we feel that the necessity of including exhaustion as a balancing factor has made it too binary as a choice.

• Elusive Mind: This trait no longer stunbreaks or inflicts exhaustion. Increased the number of conditions cleansed from 1 to 3 in PvE, and to 2 in PvP and WvW.

Feels like vindication.Mesmers are too nice in the community we need to punch back and call out terrible mistakes by the devs.So hears to you Anet for not listening.And then listening.Even if this isnt enough.

Maybe if mesmers stopped being so nice and pushed back more we can fix chaotic interruption too.

as we feel that the necessity of including exhaustion as a balancing factor has made it too binary as a was a mistake and effectively deleted the trait as a viable choice.

Even then they go with the most boring solution to slap on an extra condi cleanse.

If the endurance wasn't dropping to 50, this would probably be too powerful in terms of condi cleanse - even with 1 condi it was very strong before exhaustion for the cleanse alone, nevermind stunbreak.

It still doesn't solve anything.

IH is still necessary to do any decent damage, and the whole Mirage traitline is still an incoherent mess.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:they can make it cleanse 10 conditions for all I care, still would be unusable becouse mirage is trash without IH

Im pretty sure the other guy agrees with you atleast i do.

I was here defending Elusive mind 2 years ago against the irrational mesmer hate but it seems to me in my premature exit many of the mesmers on the forums either quit or gave up, Do not worry fellow mesmer i am back and with your help and the help of other mesmers if they should choose to enter the fold we will undo the unbelievably bias changes Anet has made to the class.

But we have to cry and fight as much or maybe even harder then the other classes on the forums it will not be easy but we can fix this.

Oh yeah I agree with both of you. :)

I just can't be bothered to spend the effort writing much anymore when it's clear neither mesmer nor gw2 as a whole is ever going to be in the positive state it could have been in.

Keeping an eye in here in case there's some miraculous series of patches this year that rekindles some sense of fun and satisfaction, though expectations are low.

To be fair it's not really the fault of the mesmer forum haters as a lot of the hate posts were legitimate issues that even a lot of mesmer players agreed with and tried offering up real solutions but anet kept nerfing around the issue's over and over solving little each time resulting in the mess now. How long have mesmer mains been saying IH is OP and needs changed and that their tired of their class being mutilated as anet dances around it? Been yrs no? Now u lose a dodge for kitten sakes.Maybe next ull get a max of one clone for ur ambush lol.

It just comes down to the fact that developers dont like mesmer. Just read guard patch notes on general forums, just buffs buffs and buffs.When mesmer has something naughty it gets compleatly removed or overnerfed to shit. other classes can enjoy overtuned things all they want with no nerfs whatsoever.chrono has lost time, ele has lightning rod. LT removed from the game, LR wasnt even nerfed. not in a big patch.CI removed from the game.Portal overnerfed ( for good reason I believe but the point still stands )Chrono gutted.the only thing they hate as much as mesmer seems to be druid lol

It just comes down to the fact that developers dont like mesmer. Just read guard patch notes on general forums, just buffs buffs and buffs.When mesmer has something naughty it gets compleatly removed or overnerfed to shit. other classes can enjoy overtuned things all they want with no nerfs whatsoever.chrono has lost time, ele has lightning rod. LT removed from the game, LR wasnt even nerfed. not in a big patch.CI removed from the game.Portal overnerfed ( for good reason I believe but the point still stands )Chrono gutted.the only thing they hate as much as mesmer seems to be druid lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:they can make it cleanse 10 conditions for all I care, still would be unusable becouse mirage is trash without IH

When pof released (almost) everyone played EM instead of IH, in fact, some people even said IH wasn't good.Now with the huge amount of nerfs to mirage yes, no IH would hurt the already pathetic mesmer sustain damage.But who cares about IH and EM when with only one dodge, you can't even manage it and have to spam it in order to be effective.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:To be fair it's not really the fault of the mesmer forum haters as a lot of the hate posts were legitimate issues that even a lot of mesmer players agreed with and tried offering up real solutions but anet kept nerfing around the issue's over and over solving little each time resulting in the mess now. How long have mesmer mains been saying IH is OP and needs changed and that their tired of their class being mutilated as anet dances around it? Been yrs no? Now u lose a dodge for kitten sakes.Maybe next ull get a max of one clone for ur ambush lol.

ANerf kept nerfing around the issue because players cried about wrong things and they cattered to them instead of listening to mesmer mains.Em is the problem, Vigor is the problem, BF is the problem, torch is the problem, portal is the problem, axe is the problem and so on.Every single nerf was something that the "knowleadgeable community" found that it was the problem and everything was solved with that nerf, every single nerf. Even this one dodge trash was suggested here some times.The only thing we can complain about ANerf is that they're kittens for listening to the wrong people every time and never learned.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:It just comes down to the fact that developers dont like mesmer. Just read guard patch notes on general forums, just buffs buffs and buffs.When mesmer has something naughty it gets compleatly removed or overnerfed to kitten. other classes can enjoy overtuned things all they want with no nerfs whatsoever.chrono has lost time, ele has lightning rod. LT removed from the game, LR wasnt even nerfed. not in a big patch.CI removed from the game.Portal overnerfed ( for good reason I believe but the point still stands )Chrono gutted.the only thing they hate as much as mesmer seems to be druid lol

Never attrbute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

@Quadox.7834 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:It just comes down to the fact that developers dont like mesmer. Just read guard patch notes on general forums, just buffs buffs and buffs.When mesmer has something naughty it gets compleatly removed or overnerfed to kitten. other classes can enjoy overtuned things all they want with no nerfs whatsoever.chrono has lost time, ele has lightning rod. LT removed from the game, LR wasnt even nerfed. not in a big patch.CI removed from the game.Portal overnerfed ( for good reason I believe but the point still stands )Chrono gutted.the only thing they hate as much as mesmer seems to be druid lol

Its not about incompetence, its way past that.Its flawed mentality, remember IoL nerf? first thing they wanted to do was nerf it by 60%, becouse its mesmer. If that was any other class it would not even get touched becouse " nobody uses it "The more I read the patch the more I realised that all they did was blanked nerf of 30%. And then just overnerfed whatever people complained in their posts.shadowsomething whine on sharper immages so it was nerfed by 95%someone whine on ToF alot so it got almost double the CD while other skills got 5s extra CD lol.PW thief whine and behold extra 1 ini cost, but they forgot to nerf S/D thiefs 3 skill and many other thief skills.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:It just comes down to the fact that developers dont like mesmer. Just read guard patch notes on general forums, just buffs buffs and buffs.When mesmer has something naughty it gets compleatly removed or overnerfed to kitten. other classes can enjoy overtuned things all they want with no nerfs whatsoever.chrono has lost time, ele has lightning rod. LT removed from the game, LR wasnt even nerfed. not in a big patch.CI removed from the game.Portal overnerfed ( for good reason I believe but the point still stands )Chrono gutted.the only thing they hate as much as mesmer seems to be druid lol

Its not about incompetence, its way past that.Its flawed mentality, remember IoL nerf? first thing they wanted to do was nerf it by 60%, becouse its mesmer. If that was any other class it would not even get touched becouse " nobody uses it "The more I read the patch the more I realised that all they did was blanked nerf of 30%. And then just overnerfed whatever people complained in their posts.shadowsomething whine on sharper immages so it was nerfed by 95%someone whine on ToF alot so it got almost double the CD while other skills got 5s extra CD lol.PW thief whine and behold extra 1 ini cost, but they forgot to nerf S/D thiefs 3 skill and many other thief skills.

Thief did get off easy but the devs don't hate mesmer, it has been meta for much of the game's lifespan. Though classes with AI such as mesmer are hard to balance (not just in gw).

@Quadox.7834 said:

Thief did get off easy but the devs don't hate mesmer, it has been meta for much of the game's lifespan. Though classes with AI such as mesmer are hard to balance (not just in gw).

Being meta durin 4 years over 7 isn't what I call a long life meta in regards to some other class.

They are so fucking bias, ppl cry coz they get confused by our illusion. Now we aint got shit avoidance left almost, a less than a second on our dodge making it worse than a regular dodge for avoidance and movement, nerfing us down to 1 dodge. All our strengths have been nerfed again and again until it is hardly a shadow of itself. Meanwhile there are classes tanking whole 5-8 people a the same time for 10-20 seconds without taking damage. Fuck thiefs, they must suffer an agonizing death they have tooo much power, lameness, stealth insaneness insane mobility that even if you run several teleports and speed runes they outrun you. like wtf? Not only should we make devs stop shafting us from behind, they should start shafting some of the laming classes especially rangers and thiefs need to bend over like we have for so long. And then comes the turn to warriors, guardians, revenants and eventually necros that need to bend the knee before there is justice in tyria.

@Genesis.5169 said:

I was here defending Elusive mind 2 years ago against the irrational mesmer hate but it seems to me in my premature exit many of the mesmers on the forums either quit or gave up, Do not worry fellow mesmer i am back and with your help and the help of other mesmers if they should choose to enter the fold we will undo the unbelievably bias changes Anet has made to the class.

But we have to cry and fight as much or maybe even harder then the other classes on the forums it will not be easy but we can fix this.

Ummm, but we have cried and fought in the past over these stupid decision over and over and over again. That doesn't help; history shows us this (unless you count complaining about EM being worthless for 2 years a success :/ ) . How long it took for that trait to change just shows us how bad things really are. The devs likely don't even read this section of the forums and even if they did, their actions have repeatedly demonstrated that they either don't care or are incapable. The past shows that the only way to solve this is to shift your focus. If you don't agree with an approach, then for god's sake quite spending money on the product or declare that you won't in the future. If nothing changes then just let good old Darwin's theory do what it does best. I have already deleted gw2 off my computer quite a long time ago and that is all I can do. It doesn't take anyone special to tell that PvP in Gw2 and Gw2 in general isn't doing very good right now and hasn't for some time now. Of course, they would never in a million years admit that balancing decisions had anything to do with it (◔_◔). Even wooden potatoes admitted he had to change things up by now.

If the opportunity to talk to Anet has already long come to pass, then the best you can do is talk to and support each other instead.Buuuuut, for god sakes, quite talking like you think things will change by now just because you only typed some keys on a computer and clicked enter.They won't!

@Xstein.2187 said:

Ummm, but we have cried and fought in the past over these stupid decision over and over and over again. That doesn't help; history shows us this (unless you count complaining about EM being worthless for 2 years a success :/ ) . How long it took for that trait to change just shows us how bad things really are. The devs likely don't even read this section of the forums and even if they did, their actions have repeatedly demonstrated that they either don't care or are incapable. The past shows that the only way to solve this is to shift your focus. If you don't agree with an approach, then for god's sake quite spending money on the product or declare that you won't in the future. If nothing changes then just let good old Darwin's theory do what it does best. I have already deleted gw2 off my computer quite a long time ago and that is all I can do. It doesn't take anyone special to tell that PvP in Gw2 and Gw2 in general isn't doing very good right now and hasn't for some time now. Of course, they would never in a million years admit that balancing decisions had anything to do with it (◔_◔). Even wooden potatoes admitted he had to change things up by now.

If the opportunity to talk to Anet has already long come to pass, then the best you can do is talk to and support each other instead.Buuuuut, for god sakes, quite talking like you think things will change by now just because you only typed some keys on a computer and clicked enter.They won't!Many mesmer players quit and nowhere to be found. Zero desire to fix chrono/mirage means they dont care how many would quit/alrdy did (Surprisingly they put a lot of work to rework scrapper and review changes, buff daredevil and pack its traits into minors, I wonder, what made them do it :D )Content-shop is still working and making money, thats what matters the most :)

@Xstein.2187 said:The devs likely don't even read this section of the forums and even if they did, their actions have repeatedly demonstrated that they either don't care or are incapable.

They read this section or at least they used to (last time they buffed Confounding Suggestions according to the suggestion on the huge mesmer community buffs/nerfs thread) but can't give a kitten about it.Nowadays they might come here just for the lulz.

@"Genesis.5169" said:we need to punch back and call out terrible mistakes by the devs.OK.

From December 11th 2018 patch:

Following up on the previous balance release, we're continuing to update weapon traits to offer more meaningful options when players are not using the related weapons while also enhancing those weapons' playstyles if the player is using them.Also devs:Bountiful Blades (NEW): Mirror Blades bounces 2 additional times. Phantasmal Berserker summons an additional berserker and they each deal less damage (33% instead of 25% less damage.Looks useful on non-GS setups /s.

Compare this to Fencer's Finesse:

Explosive Temper (NEW): Explosions grant +20 stacking Ferocity for 10 seconds when they hit (10 stacks max)Or check out Honed Axes (free +120 vs +150 stacking w/ correct weapon), it's even getting more effects now too (for reasons unknown).

For a while now, changes in general just seem '???'. At the very least, I wonder why mesmer weapon traits are stuck in their archaic state when they made the effort to change a lot of the other profession's weapon traits.

BTW, for those who think that GS is getting buffed - they only said they'd make it more reliable. Because there are occasions where it's really bad and others where it's good (e.g. no bounce mirror blade vs full 3 hit mirror blade). This is a nerf for the occasions where it's good. Nothing changed for bad.

@"Noodle Ant.1605" said:Also devs:

Bountiful Blades (NEW): Mirror Blades bounces 2 additional times. Phantasmal Berserker summons an additional berserker and they each deal less damage (33% instead of 25% less damage.Looks useful on non-GS setups /s.

Compare this to
:

Explosive Temper (NEW): Explosions grant +20 stacking Ferocity for 10 seconds when they hit (10 stacks max)Or check out
(free +120 vs +150 stacking w/ correct weapon), it's even getting more effects now too (for reasons unknown).Warrior GS trait is now overloaded as fook. 120+120. Thief sword is the same. Stealth dodge on DE. (Weaver had something like this? Cba to look after it). Worth to mention some bloated trait - attackers insight - reset bursts and gives up to 450 stats total and its super easy to get. Some wardefenders be like "its gm trait, it must be overloaded", then I look at mirage/chrono gm minors and be like "wth? Is that a grandmaster traits?" If something they do its fix biggest flaw of mirage evade (by a tiny bit)Dont you find funny that drd getting 3 evades and better evades(3) when mirage is getting worse evade and dodge taken away tho?