Repairing serves no functionality anymore — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Repairing serves no functionality anymore

Removing it wouldn't change anything beyond every now and then having to talk to an npc, it doesn't have a cost or purpose beyond being a minor annoyance, just delete it.

Tell me I am wrong.

Comments

  • @Dawdler.8521 said:
    You're wrong.

    It gives the important functionality of trailing mobs into AFK people so they can die over and over until they are naked.

    Thank you, I needed my daily dose!

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's impact has always been minimal, especially in the open world. When you had to pay to repair the cost was minimal, I doubt it bothered anyone.

    IMO the biggest impact it has is forcing you to stop briefly after several failed attempts at a fight. If you have to go back to the start of a dungeon or raid to repair or leave a story instance to find a repair NPC that sends a pretty clear message that you need to do it differently and forces you to take some time away from the fight to think about it.

    I'm not sure how effective that is, but I know it's worked for me before. I realise I'm just throwing myself at an impossible fight and gave to think about how to do it differently.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die. Drain you of your sanity, face the thing that should not be"

  • If the armour would damage faster it could be fun though

  • borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

    They should make it so that every time you get downed, one random armor deteriorates a level (80 to 79 and so on) and fully defeated is one piece instantly broken.

    Check out the fable of the Boiling Frog.

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020

    @borgs.6103 said:
    They should make it so that every time you get downed, one random armor deteriorates a level (80 to 79 and so on) and fully defeated is one piece instantly broken.

    Whoa now, let's not get some difficulty up in here, people might be frustrated and leave the game. /s

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest(PvE), Terakura/Spellbreaker & Kitty Koume/Reaper(WvW) | ♀♥♀

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It would put many npcs into the unemployment line. Could you live with that?

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    My five year old likes his big kitty cat running around in shorts and gets mad at me when I take his Char to a repair anvil to fix his armor. My child needs this mechanic lol.

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

    @Rasimir.6239 said:

    @borgs.6103 said:
    They should make it so that every time you get downed, one random armor deteriorates a level (80 to 79 and so on) and fully defeated is one piece instantly broken.

    Why? What purpose would that serve?

    Two purposes:
    1. Players would get better at the game. They would not just mindlessly press auto attack and actually use their dodge and other skills!
    2. More dollars for Anet in the form of Instant Repair Canisters!

    Win-win!

    Check out the fable of the Boiling Frog.

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @borgs.6103 said:

    @Rasimir.6239 said:

    @borgs.6103 said:
    They should make it so that every time you get downed, one random armor deteriorates a level (80 to 79 and so on) and fully defeated is one piece instantly broken.

    Why? What purpose would that serve?

    Two purposes:
    1. Players would get better at the game. They would not just mindlessly press auto attack and actually use their dodge and other skills!
    2. More dollars for Anet in the form of Instant Repair Canisters!

    Win-win!

    I wonder when was the last time they sold an Instant Repair Canister from gemstore..

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest(PvE), Terakura/Spellbreaker & Kitty Koume/Reaper(WvW) | ♀♥♀

  • borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020

    @Hannelore.8153 said:

    @borgs.6103 said:

    @Rasimir.6239 said:

    @borgs.6103 said:
    They should make it so that every time you get downed, one random armor deteriorates a level (80 to 79 and so on) and fully defeated is one piece instantly broken.

    Why? What purpose would that serve?

    Two purposes:
    1. Players would get better at the game. They would not just mindlessly press auto attack and actually use their dodge and other skills!
    2. More dollars for Anet in the form of Instant Repair Canisters!

    Win-win!

    I wonder when was the last time they sold an Instant Repair Canister from gemstore..

    EXACTLY
    Think of the profits! Surely the playerbase would want more revenue for Anet, right?

    Check out the fable of the Boiling Frog.

  • Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    You're wrong.

    It gives the important functionality of trailing mobs into AFK people so they can die over and over until they are naked.

    But then someone with Noblesse Oblige shows up and fixes it anyway.

    All it does is teach people to lay there and get rezzed during world bosses~

    Many alts! Handle it!

    "A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Danikat.8537 said:
    It's impact has always been minimal, especially in the open world. When you had to pay to repair the cost was minimal, I doubt it bothered anyone.

    IMO the biggest impact it has is forcing you to stop briefly after several failed attempts at a fight. If you have to go back to the start of a dungeon or raid to repair or leave a story instance to find a repair NPC that sends a pretty clear message that you need to do it differently and forces you to take some time away from the fight to think about it.

    I'm not sure how effective that is, but I know it's worked for me before. I realise I'm just throwing myself at an impossible fight and gave to think about how to do it differently.

    Dungeons are covered by power creep.

    In raids it depends on the boss. For some it just adds 2 or 3 extra clicks since you can repair through the rift that you would need to use for getting back to the boss anyway.