Next Festival anticipated and prolonged... — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Next Festival anticipated and prolonged...

Why doesn't Arena Net anticipate the Super Adventure Festival? Since much of the world is being quarantined, I think that would be a perfect plan to keep players busy and inside their homes. Anet could not only anticipate the festival, but also extend its duration in the game. #Takecare #washyourhands #CoronaVirus #FromBrazil

Comments

  • wrathmagik.3518wrathmagik.3518 Member ✭✭✭

    I believe they said SAB is coming soon didnt they?

  • Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Afaik some skins would need a lot of years - if you wanted to get all of them. (And I only returned the last year June and missed some SAB years.) It wouldn't be a bad idea - since SAB is fun and has more of a "happy mood" - to make it run a bit longer.

    I had hinted at this suggestion in the other thread where someone suggested a free outfit for Corona awareness. Such an option (also players can organize their own fun stuff in game ... RPing or doing low level stuff to help noobs) would be nice.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I am all for making SAB run longer this year! <3

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The only thing is they don’t want it to get too close to the next episode release. The two may overlap by a week but likely anet wouldn’t let it be two

    I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm not sure I understand what 'anticipate' means in this context.
    I'm sure the Devs regard SAB as probable, and expect it to be released in April.

  • I imagine that the sooner the SAB arrives, the better it will be. And if it lasts longer on GW2 it will be even better! I'm in quarantine and I'm bored to death! I got tired of running GW2 maps killing world bosses. I want festival !!!

  • Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I'm not sure I understand what 'anticipate' means in this context.
    I'm sure the Devs regard SAB as probable, and expect it to be released in April.

    I believe in that context it means bringing it out sooner to keep players busy longer.

    I'd have thought Visions of the Past would have done that to be honest

  • MikeG.6389MikeG.6389 Member ✭✭✭

    Historically, SAB returns on the last Thursday before 1 April, which would mean this Thursday for the upcoming festival. There is no reason to suspect they changed their schedule so you only have to sleep 3 more.
    Patience is a virtue.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I like SAB. Who not like - not participate. The duration as always.
    Don't see any problem.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

    @MikeG.6389 said:
    Historically, SAB returns on the last Thursday before 1 April, which would mean this Thursday for the upcoming festival. There is no reason to suspect they changed their schedule so you only have to sleep 3 more.
    Patience is a virtue.

    And It's the thursday before the 1st. It didn't go Live, maybe Tuesday.

  • Wubbbi.8172Wubbbi.8172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020

    @lummuss.6850 Did you read https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/looking-ahead-to-spring-summer-and-the-future/ (A very recent news) or what makes you think it isn't coming? I wonder why people always assume something when there is no reason to?! They said that it is coming after Visions of the Past is released.

    Our next release following “Steel and Fire” is Super Adventure Festival, when Moto will open up the Super Adventure Box in Rata Sum again to welcome all jumping, bauble-collecting heroic types.

    New Content just came out less than 2 weeks ago. I really don't get it.

  • Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Don't forget: they're quarantined, too.

  • MikeG.6389MikeG.6389 Member ✭✭✭

    @Daddicus.6128 said:
    Don't forget: they're quarantined, too.

    They didn't communicate that it would affect their release schedule in any way so far. I'm now guessing that the SAB event will start on Tuesday, 31 March. It always included the weekend before 1 April ever since they made it an annual festival, that's why I thought it would return this week...

  • @Wubbbi.8172 under no circumstances did I say that I didn't believe the SAB was coming. I just created an idea that "if SAB came earlier, it would be much better for everyone". Because the world is in quarantine, and with that we could use this time "at home" so we can play the festival for longer.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lummuss.6850 said:
    @Wubbbi.8172 under no circumstances did I say that I didn't believe the SAB was coming. I just created an idea that "if SAB came earlier, it would be much better for everyone". Because the world is in quarantine, and with that we could use this time "at home" so we can play the festival for longer.

    And what about the people that dont like sab are they just out of luck?

  • Well, those who don't like SAB could continue to go about their lives as normal, keep your pvp or wvw having fun (i hate pvp).

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lummuss.6850 said:
    Well, those who don't like SAB could continue to go about their lives as normal, keep your pvp or wvw having fun (i hate pvp).

    So the
    "if SAB came earlier, it would be much better for everyone".
    Should just have said
    "if SAB came earlier, it would be much better for me".

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2020

    Anet has stated they've delayed the SAB release to not overlap with April Fools. (Sauce)
    I think this is a terrible idea personally, for exactly the same reasons, why change something (overlapping SAB with April Fools day) when it wasn't a big deal in the first place to overlap. (More sauce)

    @Linken.6345 said:
    So the
    "if SAB came earlier, it would be much better for everyone".
    Should just have said
    "if SAB came earlier, it would be much better for me".

    Actually, it's more akin to;
    "Can SAB be release on it's usual schedule like previous years (last tuesday before April Fools)"

    Better get a wriggle on.

  • Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I was looking forward to my first Super Adventure Box during quarantine. I hope they have a big unexpected patch on Tuesday. Now is the time to get people to play with cool new things and get some publicity when people are home..

    This would also be the perfect time for a:
    _____ Supply Drop Requisition. We are overdue for a new version, and I think a lot of people would buy it while quarantined. Also overdue for new mount pack.

  • Anyway, I am very upset and depressed to find out that the festival will not arrive today (March 31). In my opinion, it was a terrible attitude that they decided to take.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2020

    @Daddicus.6128 said:
    Don't forget: they're quarantined, too.

    Indeed, but they could have just said so ("We are having trouble getting SAB on the way on schedule, so we have decided to postpone the release for two weeks this year."). Instead, they came up with a different explanation for the delay, even made it a "It's going to be like this every year from now on" thing.

    SAB was always live by April 1st, and now it's not, and people are disappointed.

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2020

    @Ashantara.8731 said:
    SAB was always live by April 1st, and now it's not, and people are disappointed.

    Anet best have something amazing for April first for this 2 week, unexpected, delay to SAB to warrant it.

    Indeed, but they could have just said so ("We are having trouble getting SAB on the way on schedule, so we have decided to postpone the release for two weeks this year."). Instead, they came up with a different explanation for the delay, even made it a "It's going to be like every year from now on" thing.

    According to this statement, Anet are making steady progress on all planned Guild Wars 2 releases, and they'll keep everyone up to date if that changes.
    SAB for 2020 was most likely finished by early March at the latest tbh.

    Better get a wriggle on.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    SAB for 2020 was most likely finished by early March at the latest tbh.

    I don't think so, or they would not be asking questions like, "What would you like to see added to the Weekly Vendor?"

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2020

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    SAB for 2020 was most likely finished by early March at the latest tbh.

    I don't think so, or they would not be asking questions like, "What would you like to see added to the Weekly Vendor?"

    The Weekly vendor is probably the easiest thing to update in the box, it requires no new assets to make, given that Anet can add things already existing in the game to the vendor.

    Better get a wriggle on.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2020

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Haleydawn.3764 said:
    SAB for 2020 was most likely finished by early March at the latest tbh.

    I don't think so, or they would not be asking questions like, "What would you like to see added to the Weekly Vendor?"

    The Weekly vendor is probably the easiest thing to update in the box, it requires no new assets to make.

    That is true, but I still have a feeling that they needed more time, due to the current situation, to polish up some stuff before the release. Well, whatever the reason, we will have to wait another two weeks one way or another.

    P.S. I hope they'll extend the duration a little. A total of four weeks would be swell. :)

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I hope it isn't 4 weeks. Gah. Then we will have to wait forever for other content (Icebrood Saga, Visions of the Past, or whatever is coming next).

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I hope it isn't 4 weeks. Gah. Then we will have to wait forever for other content (Icebrood Saga, Visions of the Past, or whatever is coming next).

    Would you? When Anet has stated they're on track for their upcoming releases? Extending a festival wont increase time between releases.

    Better get a wriggle on.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If they don't even want to overlap SAB with April Fool's, I can't imagine they would want to overlap it with something much more content-rich.

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2020

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    If they don't even want to overlap SAB with April Fool's, I can't imagine they would want to overlap it with something much more content-rich.

    Early/Middle of May for new content is a reach imo :lol:

    Better get a wriggle on.

  • Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm growing weary of everything again and I'm bored as hell and SAB is something I'm super hyped for every year now ever since it's becoming a regular event now. Despite that I hate jumping I always loved SAB so much.