Condi Herald is Obscene

Ovark.2514

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/98220/game-update-notes-february-25-2020#latest

Revenant:

• Banish Enchantment: Increased energy cost from 20 to 30 in PvP only.
  • Pain Absorption: Increased energy cost from 30 to 35 in PvP only.
  • Call to Anguish: Increased energy cost from 30 to 35 in PvP only.
  • Searing Fissure: Reduced initial burning duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.
  • Echoing Eruption: Increased cooldown from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP only.
  • Embrace the Darkness: Reduced additional torment stacks after using an energy skill from 2 to 1 in PvP only.

@"Shao.7236" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/98220/game-update-notes-february-25-2020#latest

Revenant:

• Searing Fissure: Reduced initial burning duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.
  • Echoing Eruption: Increased cooldown from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP only.
  • Embrace the Darkness: Reduced additional torment stacks after using an energy skill from 2 to 1 in PvP only.

I fought one the other day and I didn't notice a difference.

I mean, it might feel slightly different playing as one, but playing against it still felt the same. I haven't seen as many though, but that's been the case since a few days before the balance patch. I was running the metabattle build with sage runes and while I could apply plenty of pressure and condition damage, at times I felt rather useless. I'm not sure if I should have been running a more offensive amulet. Wait, no, I WAS running carrion. Nvm.

I still feel like power and retribution shiro are a little more beneficial to have though, given how slow mobility is with condi herald.

I do think the amount of resistance they can get via traits and runes is a bit too much though. I'm not saying negate their ability to counter condi completely, but it feels like they are significantly stronger against conditions than they used to be and for the damage, sustain, and utilities rev has in general it seems like there should be a bit more of a trade off. Then focus on actually balancing conditions in general.

Rev in general is pretty strong. Condition rev is potentially the most busted thing atm for one reason, if the opponent team fight comp has any condition classes then it’s basically a free win and it doesn’t matter how good u are a condition rev can 1 shot players on other team repeatable until they all die.

are we back to the "condi herald op"- threads?

They are bound to melee. Throw their condis back. Take much cleansing ... etcthey are weak to power-builds.

we had tons of discussions which didnt showed how broken condi heralds are, just how people arent in the mood to think, adapt and win against such.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"Shao.7236" said:

Revenant:

I mean, it might feel slightly different playing as one, but playing against it still felt the same. I haven't seen as many though, but that's been the case since a few days before the balance patch. I was running the metabattle build with sage runes and while I could apply plenty of pressure and condition damage, at times I felt rather useless. I'm not sure if I should have been running a more offensive amulet. Wait, no, I WAS running carrion. Nvm.

I still feel like power and retribution shiro are a little more beneficial to have though, given how slow mobility is with condi herald.

I do think the amount of resistance they can get via traits and runes is a bit too much though. I'm not saying negate their ability to counter condi completely, but it feels like they are significantly stronger against conditions than they used to be and for the damage, sustain, and utilities rev has in general it seems like there should be a bit more of a trade off. Then focus on actually balancing conditions in general.

Legends are the trade off. I don't see how this much resistance be so bothersome when it's the first thing that will always get stripped most of the time and they lose on other things by picking on having that much since it's Herald.

No Mobility.No Stability.No Support (Not like Ventari is ever played.)

If Infuse Light doesn't full heal, they are good as dead every time because the kitting is really low that they are forced to commit fights.

@"Virdo.1540" said:are we back to the "condi herald op"- threads?

They are bound to melee. Throw their condis back. Take much cleansing ... etcthey are weak to power-builds.

we had tons of discussions which didnt showed how broken condi heralds are, just how people arent in the mood to think, adapt and win against such.

You're screaming to the wrong crowd mate. The people won't stop until all of revenant is broken and unplayable, you have people qqing about power herald and qqing about renegade and condi and rev in general. They want the class removed. I've time and again given them every tool and way you can deal with a rev, by describing how they typically play and as a main I offer what is and isn't broken for both PvP and WvW.

People just scream and throw a fit, because they want it gone. They dont want it balanced or playable at all.

@"Shao.7236" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/98220/game-update-notes-february-25-2020#latest

Revenant:

• Embrace the Darkness: Reduced additional torment stacks after using an energy skill from 2 to 1 in PvP only.It does translates to "it was nerfed 2 months ago therefore no longer can be nerfed" ?Somewhere in the distance "hold my beer"

@Odik.4587 said:

@"Shao.7236" said:

Revenant:
  • Embrace the Darkness: Reduced additional torment stacks after using an energy skill from 2 to 1 in PvP only.It does translates to "it was nerfed 2 months ago therefore no longer can be nerfed" ?Somewhere in the distance "hold my beer"

You hit a freshly swapped Revenant forcing a stunbreak then they are already useless and on the defensive without any means to counter attack for much during 10 seconds, given the small weapon selection it's easy to know what they'll use

Revenant can barely get away using one utility without being absolutely vulnerable to anything in the following. Because literally everything that can be used aside Upkeep Skills or Forced Engagement will have you waiting 5 seconds to use any other utility, all the rest of skills usable being Weapons only which will delay the refill even more on the cost, although to remind anybody that they won't be able to stunbreak, which is when they swap legends to do so, you're transferring the struggle into the next legend again and again.

These are also not the only nerfs, this is only Mallyx, Shiro skills took a hit as well as Jalis traits.

Nerfing the already high cost with lil reward by their own skills to the point where when OOC is impossible to use them would kill the class.

Edit for typos.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"Shao.7236" said:

Revenant:

Some the differences you may not have noticed.

• With a fresh energy pool, rev can only press Banish enchantment once. Previously, they could press it twice while having 10 energy to spare.
  • You can no longer CC chain with Call to Anguish > Temporal Rift without close to a fresh energy pool (Factoring in energy regen).
  • If legend swapping (close to) on cooldown you would be able to squeeze in two echoing eruptions before a legend swap. With the increased cooldown, you only get one. This is a big deal considering Echoing erupion + Embrace the Darkness is big spike damage, pulsing out large amounts of torment. Delaying Legend swap is not worth it because you will gain fewer procs of invoke torment, diabolic inferno, and song of the mists over the course of a fight.
  • Upkeep torment application is cut by 33% Previously, it could put up to 3 torment on you at once. This amount was reduced to 2 torment. This nerf quickly adds up over the course of a fight.
  • If a Crev is forced to swap and immediately stun break, they will no longer be able to follow that up with a Banish enchantment. Additionally, they will be unable to go on the offensive with Embrace the darkness thanks to the additional 5 energy cost.

In short, you have a lot more windows to punish a condi rev than before. Energy is more scare. Forcing a Crev to break stun is more punishing than before. Boon removal significantly reduced. Torment spikes are weaker and less frequent.

The nerfs did their job.

@"TeqkOneStylez.8047" said:lol Rev literally has access to all the best condis for no reason.

Oh really.... Funny. Mallyx has access to torment.

The Upkeep for auto's on poision and mace 2 for burning is puny and it falls of quick.

shortbow is only good for CC.

So torment is the "Best" Condi... well dang I better call the burn guards and condi-necros and tell them they suck then shouldn't I?