Cheat/Exploit

Raven Wings.8379

It’s not uncommon in eu either, there’s a trio (chrono, condi herald, scrapper) from a certain guild in our mu that rampantly cheats by bypassing walls and doors straight into lord room. And recently move/speed hacks seems to be more popular than ever, where you can’t keep up even with speed runes.Oh, and ppl who you clearly hit, in combat who then just mount up and run off, yeah legit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
55 minutes ago, abelsgmx.7530 said:

Hey Anet, when will we see an anti cheat software, Easy Anti Cheat works fine. I don't see people complaining about hacks in New World, like does in this game

Maybe that’s because New World almost immediately lost players…. 

• Like 3

>New World

The game that got destroyed by 20 different dupe exploits and 40 combat exploits in the first month? XD

>anticheat

Yeah, I sure as hell want to run blackbox kernelmode spyware because serverside checks are so 2004. Get a grip.

Besides, anet already has a history of trying to ship spyware with the client and failing spectacularly

Edited by rune.9572
markdown when
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Maybe that’s because New World almost immediately lost players…. 

New World lost players because the game is garbage, plain and simple.  Anet has an amazing game by comparison, and is losing players because people are using the same third party program for 10 years, and Anet does nothing about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Ubi.4136 said:

New World lost players because the game is garbage, plain and simple.  Anet has an amazing game by comparison, and is losing players because people are using the same third party program for 10 years, and Anet does nothing about it.

Ok….  My post isn’t arguing that.  In the least.

I really don’t think the anti cheat software for new world has anything to do with anything.  That was the point of my post.

So I'm in blue team in wvw, fighting against a red team daredevil, almost going to down the player , loading screen pops up and i get ported to the red team's base waypoint. How's that possible? Btw the fight was almost half way across the map

Edited by postal.6370
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, postal.6370 said:

So I'm in blue team in wvw, fighting against a red team daredevil, almost going to down the player , loading screen pops up and i get ported to the red team's base waypoint. How's that possible? Btw the fight was almost half way across the map

Ignore.

Edited by Strider Pj.2193

On 2/4/2021 at 4:38 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

There is a ranger that always shoots people from underground. It is not underwater because the incident happened outside Ogrewatch tower on the Red side of the EBG Map, The damage meter show that I am getting hit by "something platinum something hits you for xx damage with [Rapid Fire] "

Ran into someone doing this last week, really annoying.

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2022 at 8:18 PM, abelsgmx.7530 said:

Hey Anet, when will we see an anti cheat software, Easy Anti Cheat works fine. I don't see people complaining about hacks in New World, like does in this game

Yeah because people were not using Aimbots with the bow... you are right xDDD There was even Wallhacks... lul.

Edited by Sahne.6950

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Yeah because people were not using Aimbots with the bow... you are right xDDD There was even Wallhacks... lul.

Some players even used tacko wich is alowed by Anet, and could see more in WvW than they should be observing.

Its broken to have a permanent passive warclaw ping :D but for the whole map...

Edited by Aeolus.3615

4 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Some players even used tacko wich is alowed by Anet, and could see more in WvW than they should be observing.

Its broken to have a permanent passive warclaw ping 😄 but for the whole map...

OOf

things like that exist? didnt even know. i mean.. i heard of TACO but didnt know that it did that.

Edited by Sahne.6950

5 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

OOf

things like that exist? didnt even know. i mean.. i heard of TACO but didnt know that it did that.

yes Taco, tks for correction, and yes there was a dll for taco that i belive Anet took care of it, still some players m8 be using it but far far  lesser than before.

My cringe is still  the players that atack 2x times faster and w/o quikness due package editing + macros, like take 100-200 damage and die in less than a second, this is the thing that even u send to Anet they wont be able to tell if its cheating or not xD

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

what? how? are you serious?

Sadly yes... its actually one of the reasons i hate that Anet removed retaliation, before Anet remove retaliation i was playing a high vit retal guardian and when i noticed some one was being burster by macros and sometimes" edited functions" i would throw myself or let cheater try to kill me, there were only 2 possible outcomes, the cheater would self kill in my retaliation or we would be both down this one would be very rare.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

On 5/10/2022 at 1:26 PM, Aeolus.3615 said:

yes Taco, tks for correction, and yes there was a dll for taco that i belive Anet took care of it, still some players m8 be using it but far far  lesser than before.

My cringe is still  the players that atack 2x times faster and w/o quikness due package editing + macros, like take 100-200 damage and die in less than a second, this is the thing that even u send to Anet they wont be able to tell if its cheating or not xD

Makros can't circumvent regular game mechanics. They change input, not output.

And there are plenty of multihit skills that can deal a lot of dmg within a short period of time despite small numbers per hit. Since you aren't providing actual examples nor has anyone else ever shown any evidence for that kind of hacking (and it would be very easy to proof with screens/videos), i call bs on the "package editing" stuff.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Makros can't circumvent regular game mechanics. They change input, not output.

And there are plenty of multihit skills that can deal a lot of dmg within a short period of time despite small numbers per hit. Since you aren't providing actual examples nor has anyone else ever shown any evidence for that kind of hacking (and it would be very easy to proof with screens/videos), i call bs on the "package editing" stuff.

Yes(note i never said macros are circumventing the game  itsellf), but not when people do package editing.

I want to believe that pkg editing is  very hard thing in this game and the ones doing are people with very good and deep knowledge of how games and network packages work.

And no class can melt other class in less than a second with 200 damage atacks :) i got 20k hp and perma close to 1k regen.

EDIT: i am not taking out the probability  for this effect might be a  client server netcode  relation  and causes desync :) one thing for sure there no lag just for 1 players  to atack this fast  :) when it happens its for all data not just to 1 player.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

And no class can melt other class in less than a second with 200 damage atacks 🙂 i got 20k hp and perma close to 1k regen.

What attacks exactly?

Sand Shards by chance? I remember seeing footage of an exploit that allowed someone to trigger Dune Cloak trait pretty much non stop, insta killing anyone who got close despite the trait having very low dmg.

Generally, why is it so hard to bring up actual skills, numbers, screens, videos, etc, whenever something presumably "fishy" is going on? It is always the same meaningless statements like "i got insta killed, that's not possible", "i dealt no dmg, clearly cheats", bla bla bla bla. Impossible to take stuff like that serious with all the false accusations arround.

(And yes, i know you aren't allowed to post accusations on the forums, but i doubt anyone gets sanctioned for reporting a bug or asking questions. Just gotta be smart about it, if there is an actual interest in bringing attention to an issue. Also there are other platforms ... )

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

What attacks exactly?

Sand Shards by chance? I remember seeing footage of an exploit that allowed someone to trigger Dune Cloak trait pretty much non stop, insta killing anyone who got close despite the trait having very low dmg.

Generally, why is it so hard to bring up actual skills, numbers, screens, videos, etc, whenever something presumably "fishy" is going on? It is always the same meaningless statements like "i got insta killed, that's not possible", "i dealt no dmg, clearly cheats", bla bla bla bla. Impossible to take stuff like that serious with all the false accusations arround.

(And yes, i know you aren't allowed to post accusations on the forums, but i doubt anyone gets sanctioned for reporting a bug or asking questions. Just gotta be smart about it, if there is an actual interest in bringing attention to an issue. Also there are other platforms ... )

^this basicly,  i do share same opinion but when it happens due how extremellu rare it happens, i just take a deep breath or alt+f4 after the analyses.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 3:37 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

You can say yes... the server can say no. Desync happen constantly.

Actually, you can tell when this happens easy enough. We all see it quite often in wVW with the Yaks not being wherever see them. Takes like 2 seconds to adapt.

I want to believe that pkg editing is  very hard thing in this game and the ones doing are people with very good and deep knowledge of how games and network packages work.

is all the same on any game, hook the right function then do whatever

but hopefully skills are checked server side (unlike the position)

if this post is against whatever rule plz less than 7 day ban this time ❤️

Edited by Faccina.5091
no ban pliz we all frens

Not sure if this is related to wvw, but browsing wvw articles on google, a pvp website with tons and tons of hacks, popped up and people are using them in pvp and possibly wvw, to cheat and gain an unfair advantage and im shocked anet hasn't done anything about it, it's ruining wvw, we saw a thief from maguuma earlier today in wvw, with no cooldowns and a couple of weeks ago, two  maguuma players just ran by our zerg and we were trying to attack them and they just vanished, something needs to be done.

Edited by jonathanjp.6974
  • Confused 1