[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times

13468915

Comments

  • @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

    @Jarlbboi.1780 said:
    Lmfao, they were quick to view those tickets (after i closed them down) that i placed anonymously before i used this account to comment on the forums, and place a ticket with this one. If only they were quick enough to answer my rather simple password issue "shrug" in reply to @EriskRedLemur.7153 comment I also placed one two years ago. shortly after the release of HoT kitten and it was done with in minutes 0_0

    Wait, are you suggesting that the team is going "Oh, that's him! Let's ignore his ticket!" That's so wrong as to be ridiculous. We answer tickets in the order received, although some more-complicated issues will take longer. We don't flag certain accounts for faster or slower service, but endeavor to handle each matter as promptly, correctly, and thoroughly as possible.

    Main Point: Submitting additional tickets is a bad thing to do, and it will continually reset you to the back of the queue.

    Replying/updating response to your ticket doesn't do that though right?

    Gaile you KNOW CS is after this one account, he's their Zhaitan it's all they think about! :grin: :lol: Thanks for replying and updating us I totally get order and complexity and the new peeps coming and things are backed up more than usual. Frustrating but understand and glad you are aware/talking about it!

    King Isk Redlemur, GM of Xtraordinary Slackers [XTRA]/LXS (GW2, SWTOR) ](https://www.xtraordinaryslackersguild.com/ "Xtraordinary Slackers (GW2, SWTOR) ") Recruit thread <-

  • @Zaraki.5784 said:
    Since gw2 is translated in other languages, french, german and spanish (puttig aside chinese since it's almost a completely different game), does it have CS members for those languages as well? Some people may be uncomfortable at holding a conversation in english.

    Yes we have a full team, and that includes native speakers in FR, DE, and ES.

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • Blanche.2170Blanche.2170 Member ✭✭

    @Nero.7602 said:

    @Blanche.2170 said:
    I have 2 accounts and a ticket on each account since 13 days now. I have refresh each one 6 days ago and I still have no answers. I can't log in my GW original account that's why I opened those tickets... But 13 days it look like a joke as my brother had an answer 24h after and got access to his account 72h after the ticket has been opened...

    Making 2 tickets is the worse thing you could do, unless they are not related, 2 tickets actually slows them.

    their lack of response is annoying tho mi ticket have been seen twice now, and i feel like they dont think its important nuf, wich is making me a bit angry, some forum poster had a support ticket submited way later than mine and his problem is already solved, mine is still sitting there...

    You miss understand. It's a ticket in each account not in one account

    Blanche Reveuse [STV] (Guild Wars)
    Blanche Altales [STV] (Guild Wars 2)

  • Submitted a ticket 7 days ago regarding my original Guild Wars account, and no answer yet.

  • Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

    @Zaraki.5784 said:
    Since gw2 is translated in other languages, french, german and spanish (puttig aside chinese since it's almost a completely different game), does it have CS members for those languages as well? Some people may be uncomfortable at holding a conversation in english.

    Yes we have a full team, and that includes native speakers in FR, DE, and ES.

    Nice, thanks :)

    "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

  • I made a support ticket a week ago. No response yet. Ticket #6928376

  • Brother.1504Brother.1504 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I’ve submitted about 6 tickets over the years and have always found Arenanet customer service to be professional and helpful. I’m Canadian and I don’t require customer service representatives to speak Canadian, just be competent.

  • really wish i had done some research about the slow response and bugs. I havent played since 2012 but opted to just buy a new game since i knew i would never be able to find the serial #. Surprise, the messages to authenticate my email are not going through.

  • Kuri.2019Kuri.2019 Member

    Posting for a friend with ticket number 6931688: will be 7 days tomorrow, just waiting to have an authenticator removed and no reply as of yet.

  • Blanche.2170Blanche.2170 Member ✭✭

    @Lady Loony.9314 said:
    I made a support ticket a week ago. No response yet. Ticket #6928376

    @Frerol.7658 said:
    Submitted a ticket 7 days ago regarding my original Guild Wars account, and no answer yet.

    16 days over there for Guild Wars Orginals...

    Blanche Reveuse [STV] (Guild Wars)
    Blanche Altales [STV] (Guild Wars 2)

  • My friend account got suspended, they said that it was because his account was accessed by an unauthorized individual.
    i don't know if this is true or not, since he use 2-step verification (sms validation) but didn't even received any sms from ANet recently and already checked his current log-ins and authorized networks list on security tab, i think there is no suspicious user location on the list. judging from this i think his account is fine, just restore it and they can do any validation if they want to prove he is the real owner.
    ticket id (#6939368) 3 days ticket, i know that i sound so impatient but i think the problem shouldn't be there in the first place.

  • Hello.
    Anyone of you having problems contacting the support aswell?
    I know this is a old discussion that have been made 20 times.
    I do understand that the support has a lot to do because of the "new" expansion and so on. But its not possible that it takes weeks (and still no answer) for getting a answer at a "request email change ticket).
    I dont wan to compare ArenaNet with Blizzard or other companies. But i played a lot of games and even when new expansions got realeasd the support was always efficent.
    Whats going on with ANet support? Its frustrating.

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Seems like it's taking about 7-10 days right now. Not the worst it's ever been but far from the best it's ever been.

  • MarshallLaw.9260MarshallLaw.9260 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Masterpat.2965 said:
    Hello.
    Anyone of you having problems contacting the support aswell?
    I know this is a old discussion that have been made 20 times.
    I do understand that the support has a lot to do because of the "new" expansion and so on. But its not possible that it takes weeks (and still no answer) for getting a answer at a "request email change ticket).
    I dont wan to compare ArenaNet with Blizzard or other companies. But i played a lot of games and even when new expansions got realeasd the support was always efficent.
    Whats going on with ANet support? Its frustrating.

    • which expansion are you referring to? (do you mean the new LS?)
    • support team are not the same as dev team, they probably don't work on ingame content development so their work pace is not dictated directly by content release deadlines.
    • submit a support ticket via the website for best results.
    • as mentioned in other threads, it seems they are on a 10 day backlog at present.
    • "weeks" sounds a little unusual; are you sure it's been that long ?

    As far as I am aware, there has been an influx of new players in recent weeks, some labeled as the "Bless refugees" and GW2 has been more prominent on various media channels. This has probably put more strain on the support team.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What's going on? An influx of tickets from the recent ban wave, renewed interest in Guild Wars (One) due to recent updates, and new and returning players to both GW and GW2 due to recent publicity.

    Make sure to provide as much information confirming you are the actual account owner to speed up the process (my recent ticket [last week] removing SMS took only hours from submission to be resolved).

    Good luck.

  • @MarshallLaw.9260 said:

    @Masterpat.2965 said:
    Hello.
    Anyone of you having problems contacting the support aswell?
    I know this is a old discussion that have been made 20 times.
    I do understand that the support has a lot to do because of the "new" expansion and so on. But its not possible that it takes weeks (and still no answer) for getting a answer at a "request email change ticket).
    I dont wan to compare ArenaNet with Blizzard or other companies. But i played a lot of games and even when new expansions got realeasd the support was always efficent.
    Whats going on with ANet support? Its frustrating.

    • which expansion are you referring to? (do you mean the new LS?)
    • support team are not the same as dev team, they probably don't work on ingame content development so their work pace is not dictated directly by content release deadlines.
    • submit a support ticket via the website for best results.
    • as mentioned in other threads, it seems they are on a 10 day backlog at present.
    • "weeks" sounds a little unusual; are you sure it's been that long ?

    As far as I am aware, there has been an influx of new players in recent weeks, some labeled as the "Bless refugees" and GW2 has been more prominent on various media channels. This has probably put more strain on the support team.

    Ofc i did request the support via the website.
    I am not talking about one specific expansion, i play this game since day1 and the support of ANet always struggled responding fast (maybe just to me lol).
    Well with weeks i mean like 10-20 days.
    My point is that i don't buy "a lot of new players" and so on as a valid excuse. Blizzard with 10 times more players answers the same day 95% of the times.
    I am just wondering why ANet support struggles so much managing tickets?
    Again i am not here to flame or create drama.
    Like i sad i play since day 1 and i always had to wait a long time before getting a answer. I do wonder why. Even tho mine are just "small" problem like E-Mail change.

  • @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    What's going on? An influx of tickets from the recent ban wave, renewed interest in Guild Wars (One) due to recent updates, and new and returning players to both GW and GW2 due to recent publicity.

    Make sure to provide as much information confirming you are the actual account owner to speed up the process (my recent ticket [last week] removing SMS took only hours from submission to be resolved).

    Good luck.

    Hm i see.
    Anyways i provided every info asked and submitted the ticket. Pretty surprised that your problem got solved so fast.
    I guess i never had "luck" with ANet supp then :bleep_bloop:

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm not sure, either. The only thing I could think of was that I provided Serial Keys, and everything else required (save CC information).
    I've never had to wait very long, even when mistakenly banned. /shrug

  • MarshallLaw.9260MarshallLaw.9260 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Masterpat.2965 said:

    @MarshallLaw.9260 said:

    @Masterpat.2965 said:
    Hello.
    Anyone of you having problems contacting the support aswell?
    I know this is a old discussion that have been made 20 times.
    I do understand that the support has a lot to do because of the "new" expansion and so on. But its not possible that it takes weeks (and still no answer) for getting a answer at a "request email change ticket).
    I dont wan to compare ArenaNet with Blizzard or other companies. But i played a lot of games and even when new expansions got realeasd the support was always efficent.
    Whats going on with ANet support? Its frustrating.

    • which expansion are you referring to? (do you mean the new LS?)
    • support team are not the same as dev team, they probably don't work on ingame content development so their work pace is not dictated directly by content release deadlines.
    • submit a support ticket via the website for best results.
    • as mentioned in other threads, it seems they are on a 10 day backlog at present.
    • "weeks" sounds a little unusual; are you sure it's been that long ?

    As far as I am aware, there has been an influx of new players in recent weeks, some labeled as the "Bless refugees" and GW2 has been more prominent on various media channels. This has probably put more strain on the support team.

    Ofc i did request the support via the website.
    I am not talking about one specific expansion, i play this game since day1 and the support of ANet always struggled responding fast (maybe just to me lol).
    Well with weeks i mean like 10-20 days.
    My point is that i don't buy "a lot of new players" and so on as a valid excuse. Blizzard with 10 times more players answers the same day 95% of the times.
    I am just wondering why ANet support struggles so much managing tickets?
    Again i am not here to flame or create drama.
    Like i sad i play since day 1 and i always had to wait a long time before getting a answer. I do wonder why. Even tho mine are just "small" problem like E-Mail change.

    ANet support team is clearly going to be smaller than Blizzard, the playerbase figures alone are enough justify why.
    With any tickets I've put forward, the reply has come back within a max of 2 days (historically) and a minimum reply time of a few hours.
    I believe email change could be more complicated than you suspect since they possibly will have to verify details and check for suspicious activity on the account to ensure this isn't a fraudulent request (just a hunch).

    best of luck with your ticket.

  • @MarshallLaw.9260 said:

    @Masterpat.2965 said:

    @MarshallLaw.9260 said:

    @Masterpat.2965 said:
    Hello.
    Anyone of you having problems contacting the support aswell?
    I know this is a old discussion that have been made 20 times.
    I do understand that the support has a lot to do because of the "new" expansion and so on. But its not possible that it takes weeks (and still no answer) for getting a answer at a "request email change ticket).
    I dont wan to compare ArenaNet with Blizzard or other companies. But i played a lot of games and even when new expansions got realeasd the support was always efficent.
    Whats going on with ANet support? Its frustrating.

    • which expansion are you referring to? (do you mean the new LS?)
    • support team are not the same as dev team, they probably don't work on ingame content development so their work pace is not dictated directly by content release deadlines.
    • submit a support ticket via the website for best results.
    • as mentioned in other threads, it seems they are on a 10 day backlog at present.
    • "weeks" sounds a little unusual; are you sure it's been that long ?

    As far as I am aware, there has been an influx of new players in recent weeks, some labeled as the "Bless refugees" and GW2 has been more prominent on various media channels. This has probably put more strain on the support team.

    Ofc i did request the support via the website.
    I am not talking about one specific expansion, i play this game since day1 and the support of ANet always struggled responding fast (maybe just to me lol).
    Well with weeks i mean like 10-20 days.
    My point is that i don't buy "a lot of new players" and so on as a valid excuse. Blizzard with 10 times more players answers the same day 95% of the times.
    I am just wondering why ANet support struggles so much managing tickets?
    Again i am not here to flame or create drama.
    Like i sad i play since day 1 and i always had to wait a long time before getting a answer. I do wonder why. Even tho mine are just "small" problem like E-Mail change.

    ANet support team is clearly going to be smaller than Blizzard, the playerbase figures alone are enough justify why.
    With any tickets I've put forward, the reply has come back within a max of 2 days (historically) and a minimum reply time of a few hours.
    I believe email change could be more complicated than you suspect since they possibly will have to verify details and check for suspicious activity on the account to ensure this isn't a fraudulent request (just a hunch).

    best of luck with your ticket.

    Hm yeah. Well only time will tell :)
    Thanks for your time!!!!

  • Hi my friend put in a support ticket and did not receive an email response nor is the ticket showing up in the "My tickets" area. Does anyone know how long that usually takes? I thought it was automated. Did it not go through for some reason? Should I have her submit another?

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They’re running at about 10 days.

  • @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    They’re running at about 10 days.

    Just for the first "we got your ticket" response?

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2018

    @Deathanizer.3716 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    They’re running at about 10 days.

    Just for the first "we got your ticket" response?

    No. Before you get a response from an actual person.

    Check spam folders to see if the automated one went there.

  • ANet's stated that they are (and have been) hiring new people. It takes more time than you'd think to find the right folks, train them so they are familiar with the complexities of the game (and the fickleness of its fans), and get them to a level where new staff can actually help us.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Eve.9812Eve.9812 Member ✭✭

    @Arlette.9684 said:
    Cuz let's face it, if you send every user a survey about it right now, you'll find the feedback to be, less than stellar.

    whaaaaat?
    i've opened a few tickets and from what i can tell, ticket response times are at the general standard compared to other games (within 24h), the representatives i spoke with clearly understood my reason for contacting them and were fully capable of communicating in fluent English, and all of them were incredibly generous, far beyond anything i was expecting.

    even Amazon's phenomenal customer support doesn't compare here. ANet has the best customer support i've ever had the pleasure of interacting with, hands down.
    i suppose i can't speak for everyone, though.

  • RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If your friend still doesn't see an email after checking the Spam folders, the ticket might not have gone through or might have gone to the wrong email address (typos happen sometimes).

    Oh look. I have a signature now.

  • Okay, thank you guys.

    Something must have messed up with the other ticket, I put a new one in and the automated response went though.

  • Maze.3825Maze.3825 Member ✭✭

    Step your 'game' up ANET. Days ? Pfft,

  • @Blanche.2170 said:

    @Lady Loony.9314 said:
    I made a support ticket a week ago. No response yet. Ticket #6928376

    @Frerol.7658 said:
    Submitted a ticket 7 days ago regarding my original Guild Wars account, and no answer yet.

    16 days over there for Guild Wars Orginals...

    What do you mean? It's taking them 16 days to answer tickets related to the original Guild Wars?

  • Stop mentioning me please 😂

  • I've posted a Customer Support update as of this afternoon.

    I will follow with French, German, and Spanish on Monday, after the content is localized.

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • Blanche.2170Blanche.2170 Member ✭✭

    @Frerol.7658 said:

    @Blanche.2170 said:

    @Lady Loony.9314 said:
    I made a support ticket a week ago. No response yet. Ticket #6928376

    @Frerol.7658 said:
    Submitted a ticket 7 days ago regarding my original Guild Wars account, and no answer yet.

    16 days over there for Guild Wars Orginals...

    What do you mean? It's taking them 16 days to answer tickets related to the original Guild Wars?

    Yes my tickets has been created 16 days ago and I still have no answer

    Blanche Reveuse [STV] (Guild Wars)
    Blanche Altales [STV] (Guild Wars 2)

  • I bought the game and then realized that it's not exactly playable on my pc, so i submitted a request for refund the second day. But it's been 5 business days and still i hav't gotten any response yet.
    Is there a number i can call for customer support?

    Thanks in advance guys

  • https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/42967/customer-support-update-6-8-2018#latest

    CS is taking a lot of time processing requests right now, and by a lot, that is weeks. Gotta wait in line.

  • I've been waiting 18 days for an Original Guild Wars ticket- not much we can do but wait and know they're working on solving them efficiently and effectively. I've had two other tickets in the past 3 weeks which took 3-5 days max. So honestly can understand a longer wait for this one :)

  • Sigh... =(

  • Blanche.2170Blanche.2170 Member ✭✭

    @a midnight swim.4803 said:
    I've been waiting 18 days for an Original Guild Wars ticket- not much we can do but wait and know they're working on solving them efficiently and effectively. I've had two other tickets in the past 3 weeks which took 3-5 days max. So honestly can understand a longer wait for this one :)

    What's your ticket about to wait 18 days. I think it might be the same reason as mine

    Blanche Reveuse [STV] (Guild Wars)
    Blanche Altales [STV] (Guild Wars 2)

  • Axyle.1872Axyle.1872 Member ✭✭

    While I absolutely do not think that customer support is targeting individual accounts, I will call it like I see it and say that the tickets being handled in order is absolute kitten. I have seen a ticket be put in over a week ago that has still not had a single response, yet I have watched a ticket get responded to overnight and watch a ticket get responded to in 5 days. So, if they are being handled in order, then how exactly does a ticket get responded to overnight, well after a ticket submitted a week ago still not receive a SINGLE response?

  • Blanche.2170Blanche.2170 Member ✭✭

    @Axyle.1872 said:
    While I absolutely do not think that customer support is targeting individual accounts, I will call it like I see it and say that the tickets being handled in order is absolute kitten. I have seen a ticket be put in over a week ago that has still not had a single response, yet I have watched a ticket get responded to overnight and watch a ticket get responded to in 5 days. So, if they are being handled in order, then how exactly does a ticket get responded to overnight, well after a ticket submitted a week ago still not receive a SINGLE response?

    And what about a Ticket made 18 days ago without any activity ? How do I have to call it ?

    Blanche Reveuse [STV] (Guild Wars)
    Blanche Altales [STV] (Guild Wars 2)

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2018

    Do be aware that tickets are responded to (other than the initial automated reply) in order within categories. A ticket regarding account ownership disputes, for instance, will take longer than a simple 'I changed my mind on this Gem Store purchase' issue. Tickets are routed to the specific CS Team that handles such matters.
    It would not make sense to hold up all tickets behind a particularly difficult issue to solve.

  • Nvy.5041Nvy.5041 Member ✭✭

    Ticket #6919266

    Gaile Gray.6029, Pleeeeease HELP! Its been roughly ( 13 Days ) since I posted my ticket & I would LOVE to get some kind of feedback as to what the issue may or may not be? I've submitted all the required info (IN GREAT DETAIL). I checked the status of the ticket June 1, said there was activity from you guys, but I haven't spoken to anyone nor have I received any emails or communication from your staff as of yet, so I dont know why it stated there was activity on the ticket from you when nothing has changed?

    Thank you in advance.

  • @Blanche.2170 said:

    @a midnight swim.4803 said:
    I've been waiting 18 days for an Original Guild Wars ticket- not much we can do but wait and know they're working on solving them efficiently and effectively. I've had two other tickets in the past 3 weeks which took 3-5 days max. So honestly can understand a longer wait for this one :)

    What's your ticket about to wait 18 days. I think it might be the same reason as mine

    Same as urs bro- guild wars 1 account

  • Nvy.5041Nvy.5041 Member ✭✭

    @a midnight swim.4803 said:

    @Blanche.2170 said:

    @a midnight swim.4803 said:
    I've been waiting 18 days for an Original Guild Wars ticket- not much we can do but wait and know they're working on solving them efficiently and effectively. I've had two other tickets in the past 3 weeks which took 3-5 days max. So honestly can understand a longer wait for this one :)

    What's your ticket about to wait 18 days. I think it might be the same reason as mine

    Same as urs bro- guild wars 1 account

    Same, GW1 login issue.

  • Good afternoon. I would like to know the status of one ticket I submitted 5 days ago. I can put in the ticket ID here. I hope a Anet customer support rep will see this and look into it. Thank you.

  • Nero.7602Nero.7602 Member ✭✭

    @kalebmartens.8403 said:
    Good afternoon. I would like to know the status of one ticket I submitted 5 days ago. I can put in the ticket ID here. I hope a Anet customer support rep will see this and look into it. Thank you.

    pfff 5 days, come back in 10 more days, they are taking really long to respond to tickets, mine is already 10 days old and not a single responce from support, some ppl have been waiting for 15 days already, its sad to see CS taking so long to respond to tickets, they need to do something about this.

  • @Nero.7602 said:

    @kalebmartens.8403 said:
    Good afternoon. I would like to know the status of one ticket I submitted 5 days ago. I can put in the ticket ID here. I hope a Anet customer support rep will see this and look into it. Thank you.

    pfff 5 days, come back in 10 more days, they are taking really long to respond to tickets, mine is already 10 days old and not a single responce from support, some ppl have been waiting for 15 days already, its sad to see CS taking so long to respond to tickets, they need to do something about this.

    If you'd read the post made by Gaile you'd know they are doing all that they can- but you can't just add 100's more CS staff and expect all the tickets to go away within a day or so. You just need to wait it out until they get to your ticket. That's exactly what I'm doing.

  • Vasoka.3460Vasoka.3460 Member ✭✭
    edited June 11, 2018

    Hey there, old and returning player here.

    So on Saturday I sent a ticket to support regarding my old main account which has, apparently, been hacked as I am no longer able to access it (writing this from a new one I bought).

    It has been more than two days now, but I still haven't received any response at all which is rather off putting. Does aNET customer support not work on weekends? This is fairly new to me, seeing as Blizzard/Bioware/Zenimax of (WoW/SWTOR/ESO) answer within hours regardless of the day of the week. I'm just trying to confirm if it's normal, or perhaps there's an issue with my ticket?

    There also doesn't seem to be any support phone number or live chat, which I also found fairly strange, or perhaps I'm missing them somewhere?

    Thanks in advance for the input.

  • Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2018

    I am quite sure they must be still chewing their way through the influx of Tickets from the time of "Ban-wave", which was quite a lot. Myself I have friends that are still by now desperately trying to find out why did their accounts get banned and all gold deleted even though they never used any 3rd programs except DPS meters.
    So, yeah it might take a while.

    EDIT: About the Live Chat and Phone; that's usually, if not always, a thing of big studios. Anet is very small one.

    ~ I Aear cân ven na mar

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.