Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED] - Page 10 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

We're doing a poll about the Dev Tracker. Please join this thread to share your thoughts!

Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Comments

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:
    Gaile, they partially fixed it. But, the time-gating needs to be completely removed. It's making us have keys we can NEVER use.

@Gaile Gray.6029: This. If you leave it time-gated instead of resetting daily, a lot of people will have more keys than they can ever use. Please forward this request to the devs, I am sure everyone on here agrees.

It's worse than that. Drops of keys that occur in the open world can never be used, either.

I'm hoping that what many think is time-gating is actually just another manifestation of the bug(s).

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've opened more than one chest per day. I don't think there is a 10-day cooldown on the chests.

As for the Known Issue Tracker, there may be a fix for the bug, but it has yet to be released (waiting for the next update); I've seen several Dev posts remark on having a fix for a bug, but having to wait until the next release to implement it in-game. Dunno.

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2018

@Daddicus.6128 said:
    But, the time-gating is that one can only open a chest once per rotation (10 days).

The rotation hasn't been 10 days; it's been completing the Master Diver achievement. Before the bug, people were returning sooner than 1x/10 days if they finished the achievement more quickly. (And that has always been possible if you random keys drop for you.)

But, if players are right that you can only open one chest per day (i.e. 10 per 10-day rotation), then not only is it time-gating, but it also means we cannot ever make up for having extra keys.

How about we wait to see what is or isn't bugged. It's possible that there might be multiple gates involved and that ANet might continue to want them in the game. Or it might turn out that there are only the two (one guaranteed key per day, open one chest per Dive Master completion). And either way, ANet could decide to adjust that after fixing the bugs... or while fixing the bugs.

"With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

• SweetPotato.7456SweetPotato.7456 Member ✭✭
    edited June 8, 2018

I checked the sunken chests, 3 days in a row now, they remain opened even though on the todo list, they are not marked as open.
    I don't know if Arenanet has put a 1 chest per-day limit upon the Diver Master - Infinite/repeatable achievement track, but the 4 chests - marked as opened in the pictures are all opened in one single day.

Just did a - repair to my launcher , its not working still.

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭

I think the confusion is that you can only open each chest once per day, but that only affects you if you have more than ten keys . . .

I do not know for a fact that this one completion per day limitation exists, but I can confirm from personal experience that no one chest per day limit exists . . .

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

Still bugged, even thought the tracker states it was fixed! Maybe they put it under the wrong header and was supposed to be placed under 'Investigating'.

The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2018

i have now 9 keys, some have more keys, maybe a patch? You won't tell me that you need two weeks to find and fix the bug?

It's not that big of a deal since we can still collect keys. Once it's fixed you can just use ten per day until you're caught up . . .

• Kas.3509Kas.3509 Member ✭✭✭

I wish it's fixed soon.
    I am stuck with 9/10 achievement and Timberline Falls chest is not openable for me for 6 days right now : /

• Dignarus.3794Dignarus.3794 Member ✭✭

I have 15 or 16 keys now. For the longest time I was stuck at 10% complete on my 3rd round (opened 1 chest and then the rest showed open). Then, I was shocked to see a chest that was closed and i could loot (was Snowden Drifts)! Thinking perhaps a fix had gone in I checked 3 or 4 of the other chests I ahdn't done but sadly - all open. A bug within a bug? Since some people have no issues and others do it's apparently an account based thing but it couild be anything from - account with more than 5K items salvaged to ones that meet a certain age requirement. Who knows. Hopefully they find a fix for this or a lot of people are going to be unhappy that the 'new stuff' is poo....

• chatiss.3281chatiss.3281 Member ✭✭

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey all,

We’re aware of an issue with Treasure Hunting, and the team is on the case! They’ll be rolling out a fix just as soon as it’s finalized and tested!

Edit to add: I've reached out to the devs to ask if the bug is with Treasure Hunter or exclusively with Sunken Treasure Hunter.

Great news, but why did it take so long for you to respond on the official GW2 forum when we got a response on Reddit sooner?

See, here is part of the issue. Acknowledging that there is a problem. Remaining silent gets everyone's back up. Response after the first confirmed identification of the problem would go a long way in having confidence that you care. Please

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:
    There have been 3 updates and sunken chest in Timberline Falls is still glitched. I thought they took action more quickly on things that block progress. Guess not.

They do; this doesn't actually block progress: you can still collect the keys, and when the chests are fixed you will be able to use them quickly. The most recent update was to address a specific exploit, so it is no surprise that they did not roll other bug fixes into that.

Only if they remove the time-gating as part of the fix.

I'm not sure what time gating you're talking about. You can only get one key a day but you can open as many chests a day as you have keys for. If you get enough keys to finish the achievement five times (the max), then stop farming keys.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to.

It depends a lot on what the bugs actually are. But, the time-gating is that one can only open a chest once per rotation (10 days). I hope that what we thought was time-gating simply turns out to be part of the bug.

But, if players are right that you can only open one chest per day (i.e. 10 per 10-day rotation), then not only is it time-gating, but it also means we cannot ever make up for having extra keys.

Players are not right that "you can only open one chest per day". Anyone who got a random key drop in addition to the daily key will be able to attest to that, if you don't believe me when I tell you that I have opened more than one chest in a single day.

• I have the same issue. I'm on my third round, stuck at 5/10. I have been able to open the first five on the list, and none of the others are interactable.

• Sirian.3689Sirian.3689 Member ✭✭

Opening 10 different chests should = an achievement (1 to 5-10 times)
    Opening any dive chest with a key should = (+10 speed loot but not also an achievement unless unique in current set of 10)

I have 9 separate gw2 chars all with ascended breathers if the fast breather mod (ok +15 min) will help in living world part 3 I need to open a large number of chests not tied to a set of 10 chest achievement that has a limit. Frankly I could care less about the achievement after the first time. A key should open a chest when you have a key period. or say I am key # 5 and let you know the chest it opens. I have 14 useless keys now until the chest in Bloodtide Coast opens. (it is first on my list of 10 for 3rd achievement run but has not opened for 4 days). I did notice that the achievement in the list did not reset to show as in progress again until I visited the dive master again but resetting it made no difference . That chests remains closed for me.

• It is not fixed at all. It would be nice if someone at Anet that KNEW what was going on would give us a timeline and specific information about the chest mechanics.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@tippolit.3591 said:

@FlamingNipples.4176 said:
    It is not fixed at all. It would be nice if someone at Anet that KNEW what was going on would give us a timeline and specific information about the chest mechanics.

It is extremely disappointing that this bug has existed for so long. I hope we are not beginning to see the decline is Anet responsiveness, which includes the delays in addressing the Scourge issue in WvW and rather slow release of new content as compared to the past.

We are definitely not seeing the beginning of that because it's the same as how it has always been. There is really nothing unusual about their response or lack thereof to this.

• I've completed the Master achieve 3 times and heading into my 4th it is currently showing (inside that achieve) that I need to open all 10 chests again. Zero chests are available as it shows all 10 complete in the list outside the main Master achieve and I've taken my current 8 keys around to each chest and all are open.

Looks like when the completion of the Master was done last, it failed to reset the chests. Given that each chest has a check "has this been opened today" and that each chest must also have a second check "has the Master achieve been completed since this was opened" I'm guessing the Master achievement is not flipping the second check switch back. Since I have 8 keys (one from a drop) that the bug was indeed introduced on or around the 1st of June (when the tracker says it was fixed).

Confused yet? Pretty sure I Just hurt myself with that mess, but it would be nice if Anet would post and state that this sort of double check gate is causing the issue.

edited June 8, 2018

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:
    There have been 3 updates and sunken chest in Timberline Falls is still glitched. I thought they took action more quickly on things that block progress. Guess not.

They do; this doesn't actually block progress: you can still collect the keys, and when the chests are fixed you will be able to use them quickly. The most recent update was to address a specific exploit, so it is no surprise that they did not roll other bug fixes into that.

Only if they remove the time-gating as part of the fix.

I'm not sure what time gating you're talking about. You can only get one key a day but you can open as many chests a day as you have keys for. If you get enough keys to finish the achievement five times (the max), then stop farming keys.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to.

It depends a lot on what the bugs actually are. But, the time-gating is that one can only open a chest once per rotation (10 days). I hope that what we thought was time-gating simply turns out to be part of the bug.

Players are not right that "you can only open one chest per day". Anyone who got a random key drop in addition to the daily key will be able to attest to that, if you don't believe me when I tell you that I have opened more than one chest in a single day.

Yeah, that's what I said. Actually, what I said was it depends on what the bugs actually are. I THINK that what people have attributed to time-gating is part of the set of bugs. However, I could be wrong; if I'm wrong, then there is time-gating, and it needs to be removed.

In fact, on the Wiki's talk page for the chests, I pointed out that I opened the same chest twice less than two minutes apart.

I don't think we really know what are the particulars of the chests, because we can't tell what might be bugs from what might be features. Yet.

• Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for clearing up the time gating issue. It seems to be as I understood it.

For those worries about having useless keys, can't you just count how many chests you've opened and subtract that from 50. Then, gather that many keys and be done with Blood in the Water.

Or am I misunderstanding your concern?

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gop.8713 said:
    It's not that big of a deal since we can still collect keys. Once it's fixed you can just use ten per day until you're caught up . . .

...unless they are not reset per day but have a ten day cooldown. ;)

"What good is battle prowess when you are too dead to make use of it?" - Draco Ud Verik (Human Ranger) | Guild: Order of the Ebon [Hand]
    . My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    The team has identified the issue that caused this bug, and they will be moving toward testing and then deployment of a correction. While this is not something that will happen in the next day or two, it is on the “To-Do List” and it will be resolved as soon as the team is confident of the correction.

Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know!

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

It is not 10 day cooldown, or they would have reset for me by now

First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.
    killproof.me/proof/kEyr

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    The team has identified the issue that caused this bug, and they will be moving toward testing and then deployment of a correction. While this is not something that will happen in the next day or two, it is on the “To-Do List” and it will be resolved as soon as the team is confident of the correction.

Sometimes just a bit of helpful suggestions clears things up quite quickly. This is what I put in my updated support ticket.

Requesting status an third day since ticket submitted. According to ANet's Known Issue Tracker page: This issue was logged as resolved as of 06/01/18, yet according to the forum (Bugs: Game, Forum, Website - Sunken Chest Bug [Merged]) numerous people are still having the same issue as I am. Please update this ticket and you might want to change the known issue resolution back to unresolved. Also an official comment by a Dev in aforementioned bug web page would be quite helpful too. Thank you. Yalora Istairiea

Sent the email at 4:08pm and by 6:06pm they did one better than my Dev request, they moved it up the ladder to GAILE. Gaile you always come through for us, thank you.
    Oh and the Known Issue tracker page has been updated too.

• I have encountered empty chests for the last three days. I will assume that this is being worked on.

edited June 9, 2018

For the record: All ten chests are displayed as opened to me, and have been for the past 12 days.

"What good is battle prowess when you are too dead to make use of it?" - Draco Ud Verik (Human Ranger) | Guild: Order of the Ebon [Hand]
    . My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

@Sarpan.9074 said:
    Thanks for clearing up the time gating issue. It seems to be as I understood it.

For those worries about having useless keys, can't you just count how many chests you've opened and subtract that from 50. Then, gather that many keys and be done with Blood in the Water.

You're assuming that people will only want to grab chests for the achievements, but the swim-speed infusions have value as well.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭

A new development.

I completed Blood in the Water on one of my accounts, switched to an alt account and it already has the daily completed.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

I think I'm going to cry.

There is no ten day cooldown. The whole idea came up when people hit by this bug were speculating -- before ANet said "yes, it's a bug" -- that maybe there was some strange cooldown we didn't understand.

Since @Gaile Gray.6029 came along, and confirmed it was a bug, and since we know for a fact that many players were able to open more than one chest in a day, and
    we also know that they didn't get locked out instantly because we had people in their third cycle before they were locked out, we can be absolutely certain that there is no hidden timeout.

Please, don't spread this rumor any further. It's just confusing people who come here to the thread, see the most recent posts talking about this completely incorrect speculation we had waaay back when we didn't know even if it was a bug, and get upset about the whole thing.

We don't need to cause them any additional pain.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he was kidding, hence the wink . . .

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Ty again for the continued communication :)

• @Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    A new development.

I completed Blood in the Water on one of my accounts, switched to an alt account and it already has the daily completed.

With an alt account you mean a different account and not a alt character on the same account? And are you sure you didn't do the daily on that alt account after the reset?

• Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:

You're assuming that people will only want to grab chests for the achievements, but the swim-speed infusions have value as well.

Aha. That makes sense. But still, given that, I don't get the angst over having keys that can't be used. Once the bug is fixed, chests can be opened willy-nilly, as far as I can tell.

@Gop.8713 said:
    I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he was kidding, hence the wink . . .

I am still female, though. And I was only half-kidding.

Hope they'll get the chests fixed soon, but other things have priority in my book, like bugged story missions.

• syszery.1592syszery.1592 Member ✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

While you are at it could you also make the keys be stored in the key ring? I don't see a reason why these keys should pile up in the inventory... :open_mouth:

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

not next day? Maybe faster than fixing charr footsteps?

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Thanks! I've taken to warning people when I'm near a chest just so people are aware it's a known bug and that should it happen to them to keep completing the daily anyways.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.