Soulbeast needs to be nerfed with some swagger

Ruufio.1496

The character is too strong still. Sic em practically double your damage and it can run too fast. The bird swoop needs to be 600 range only and cooldown doubled. The warhorn hawk skill should stop attacking if the ranger faces away from the target - like ghastly claws. I witnessed something really dumb one where a zerk soulbeast with sigil procs just casts hawks and killed someone lol. It made me laugh because it required high amounts of skill.

@Ruufio.1496 said:The warhorn hawk skill should stop attacking if the ranger faces away from the target - like ghastly claws.

I heard dodging works.

Also, when a Necro lays its wells and sand shades, do the spells stop attacking if the necro is facing away ? Ahah, you're right, they don't stop doing damage.

MFW Hunter's Call is problematic.

The problem is the amount of unblockable, (not sic em) and the short animation of hunters call (not the line of sight). The bird swoop isn't really the issue either.Its the whole versatility that two pets grant to soulbeast.Before you demand random nerfs on things you think are annoying to play against look at the stuff that prevents counterplay. The problem is not the dmg its the lack of possible counterplay.And the whole versatility of soulbeast makes it actually that strong.I would actually wait before a balance patch drops, they said that soulbeast trade offs will come, so I expect the reduction to one pet only.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:The character is too strong still. Sic em practically double your damage and it can run too fast. The bird swoop needs to be 600 range only and cooldown doubled. The warhorn hawk skill should stop attacking if the ranger faces away from the target - like ghastly claws. I witnessed something really dumb one where a zerk soulbeast with sigil procs just casts hawks and killed someone lol. It made me laugh because it required high amounts of skill.

After your numerous 'nerf soulbeast' threads,https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/67650/cannot-enter-soulbeast-form-if-pet-is-dead#latesthttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64059/everything-that-needs-to-be-nerfed-on-soulbeast-ranger-and-a-few-other-classes#latestand nerf soulbeast comments when scrapper is mentioned,I would of thought by now, you would know it's Warhorn 4 - 'Hunters Call'.

I agree that Soulbeast could be tuned down, but warhorn 4 is one of the last things that needs nerfs. Just one block, blind, or evade and it'll be completely negated. No reason for it to stop the attack depending on LoS when it is not even a channeled skill. Pretty sure bird swoop was 600 for a while (may have been less) and it was a trash pet choice. Not saying it doesn't need adjustments, but it doesn't need butchering either.

@Ruufio.1496 said:The character is too strong still. Sic em practically double your damage and it can run too fast. The bird swoop needs to be 600 range only and cooldown doubled. The warhorn hawk skill should stop attacking if the ranger faces away from the target - like ghastly claws. I witnessed something really dumb one where a zerk soulbeast with sigil procs just casts hawks and killed someone lol. It made me laugh because it required high amounts of skill.

You can build for better mobility on Engineer... Which happens to be your main profession... And you obviously haven’t seen a great zerker engineer player in action...

Do you want me to start quoting myself from your previous threads so you can understand more about all this stuff?

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:Yaaaaaaaaay sic em is getting nerfed. MGW2GA =)

So what happens next when you get beat up by a player on their Soulbeast?

He cries about it again, it will be a never ending cycle with silver tier players like him.

This is the problem like I said, you can absolutely gut every single thing into the ground (they have already over the years) and it will still be complained about. Casuals hate playing against ranger and it has received so much hatred it's basically automatically looked at as imbalanced even if it isn't.