Deep wilds mount select?

Unfortunately Anet don't give us information on upcoming gem store items before they're released. Normally that's not much of a problem but in this case it makes it more difficult to decide if it's worth getting the supply drop because we don't know what mount skins will be in that pack.

But it's a select licence, so you'll get to choose one. If you can find 1 skin you like in each of the previous licences then it's probably a safe bet there will be one here too, you just won't know what it is until you get the licence.

The alternative of course is to wait until it's released, but then it will be more expensive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No info on the new mount skins, but I stopped buying them right at release ever since... Lipcat.

Echoing Danikat that the select license gives you a greater chance of finding at least one that you like, so it's really more a question of whether you care about the other stuff in the supply drop. If you do, go for it. If you don't, wait for the set to come out, see what's on offer, and then decide.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:46 AM, Ember.6478 said:

It’s a new mount pack that hasn’t been released yet. Select meaning you get to pick which mount you get from the pack. All in all it’s a good buy if you are someone who likes cosmetics.

I would check what you're going to get though. The random stuff is, well, random and the stuff you get to pick are lists of items that are on sale through the gem store from time to time as it is. I already have what I want from those lists, so this wouldn't be useful for me, for example.

10 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I wont buy the package if I can't preview the new mounts. I also wont buy it at any price except the lowest. Looks like I'm not buying this 😠

That's a sensible choice.

I did buy it but there's been at least 1 skin I like in each of the mount licences, so I think it's a safe assumption there will be one here. 

Other than that my approach was to add up what I'd be willing to pay for each item, and compare that to the price of the pack. There's some weapons, gliders and outfits I like, but not enough to pay what they cost to get from the gem store directly, so I priced the vouchers at what I'd be willing to pay for them. Some things I wouldn't buy at all so I priced those at 0. Once I added it up it still came to more than the price of the supply drop, so I decided it's a good deal for me and bought it.

In future it would be helpful if they could show us what's in the new mount licences when the supply drop first goes on sale. The first time they did one I was worried it would be like a "season pass" where you don't find out what you've paid for until you get it and may find you've wasted your money on things you'd never have chosen to buy, so I was relieved to find all of the contents were listed from the start. But that's much less helpful if they don't tell us what's in some of the choices, like what the new mount skins look like and whether the vouchers will be updated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I would check what you're going to get though. The random stuff is, well, random and the stuff you get to pick are lists of items that are on sale through the gem store from time to time as it is. I already have what I want from those lists, so this wouldn't be useful for me, for example.

I did check it. Was worth it for me along with the non-random vouchers. I ended up getting lucky with the keys and got the new glider but that is a gamble. If it’s not worth it for you personally or the risk is too high then I don’t advocate for buying the packs just because their on sale.

Edited by Ember.6478

Not knowing what is in the new mount select pack is frustrating. However it didn’t really stop me from buying this. I had already earmarked some gems for cosmetic items in this sale and there are enough different items available in this pack to make this purchase feel pretty okay even without knowing exactly what I will be getting.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Not knowing what is in the new mount select pack is frustrating. However it didn’t really stop me from buying this. I had already earmarked some gems for cosmetic items in this sale and there are enough different items available in this pack to make this purchase feel pretty okay even without knowing exactly what I will be getting.

I got it too lol, my guess is  cantha themed mount skins, and maybe a turtle skin. Plus the supply drop is a pretty good deal if you have the money for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I got it too lol, my guess is  cantha themed mount skins, and maybe a turtle skin. Plus the supply drop is a pretty good deal if you have the money for it.

i don't think they'll add skins for the Siege turtle this early, and we already have a turtle skin for the skimmer.

but a general Canthan theme wouldn't be surprising

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

i don't think they'll add skins for the Siege turtle this early, and we already have a turtle skin for the skimmer.

but a general Canthan theme wouldn't be surprising

yeah you got a point, maybe a dragon skin for the skyscale. The serpent type dragons like you see in the trailer, the kind that slither through the sky. 

2 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Touching back on this, there is still no info on what the heck deep wilds mounts are? The wiki is blank, no data mining, im beginning to wonder if they exist at all 🤯

I guess the old saying caveat emptor applies here. 

we'll find out on tuesday

• Like 2