What feature would you like to see in the expansion :)

-A Block system that actually blocks the person you added to ignored ( none of this shows up as online even if they are blocked )

-Removal of the current follower system and replace it with the way other games do it, You both need to agree to be friends in order for them to show up on any list. This will stop the stalking that goes on because of the poorly designed follower system.

- A dynanic event system where if you fail events in one zone it snowballs to other zones ( if you fail in curse shore, The risen begin to push into Malchors Leap and then if you fail there pushs into Straits etc. ) but it can go opposite as well and make it that we the players push them all the way to curse shore 

• Thanks 1

Same things I've always wanted: 

Every weapon and weapon skill and utility skill useable underwater with tweaked animation and spearguns, spears and tridents useable both in water and on land. More underwater gameplay and swimsuit wardrobe skins/outfits. I think that would more than make up for not having a new class again or ever.

Cantha and it's darker horrorlike themes. 

The Aurene legendaries scrapped or made into the first weapons to be dyeable, including the effects, and/or actual unique non blinding ones released over time instead of them.

An actual good interactive RPG story with NPCs I'll actually care about, like Shadowbringers accomplished. The current ones just never managed to pull it off for me and I'm kinda bored of them, idk. I think a new direction is needed and a better more tightly structured team. Hell, I feel less for them than I did GW1 henchmen/heroes tbh.

Housing. 😛

New Sylvari asian-like Sylvari faces/hair and probably other races too and not just human.

Thief to not get another terrible elite spec with a pointless weapon that adds nothing new to it's gameplay like Deadeye got.

and I still want to buy a Leviathan Skyscale. Water dragon influence should bring one 😛

Edited by Doggie.3184

On 8/22/2021 at 2:45 AM, Avex.9471 said:

I know ffxiv is paid while gw2 is b2p but since this topic is about what we want to see in an xpac, this is pretty much it. 

That's the price you pay for a game that struggles to bring in money after a box fee. This is why when a MMO is good the Sub fee is the best option. Gw2 could probably bring in a nice chunk of change with a proper battle pass system but that's a whole other thread.

On topic:

• proper housing
  • shared gathering tool slots
  • pet battles to do something with all these worthless minis (at least give them utilities/player perks)
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I would love to see an open world legendary armor set, that would have a large amount of players be able to get a set and the qol from the armory. Imho the last thing this game needs is trivial skins, we need gameplay content in the zones. Dungeons need to be useful they could tie a leggy set to open world and dungeons for the majority of the players that dont raid. Just a plain set that has the function of the armory.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, SEED.9051 said:

That's the price you pay for a game that struggles to bring in money after a box fee. This is why when a MMO is good the Sub fee is the best option. Gw2 could probably bring in a nice chunk of change with a proper battle pass system but that's a whole other thread.

Perhaps, but then many players may very well leave which would undermine whatever income might be expected.

On 8/22/2021 at 9:45 AM, Avex.9471 said:

Well ffxiv new expansion is also coming out and they're getting: two new classes, a new race, new dungeons, raids, new PvP mode, new housing area and ofc new story and maps among other stuff. The xpac costs $10 more than Eod.

With gw2 we're getting fishing, more elite specs, new story + maps and a turtle.

I know ffxiv is paid while gw2 is b2p but since this topic is about what we want to see in an xpac, this is pretty much it. 

Does ffxiv do a kind of living story? (Honest question idk)

Although IBS end was a bit weird. The entire season still is a lot of content all together. 

OT: I think no new content will be announced. So i dont have my hopes up. I just hope for a good written story and beautiful maps. That is enough for me. 

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Perhaps, but then many players may very well leave which would undermine whatever income might be expected.

There would be some that leave, yes. But the majority of players playing now haven't paid a cent and don't expect too.

Don't get me wrong, a sub won't make a crap MMO any better and I'm definitely not saying Gw2 would survive as a sub based model (it wouldn't) but there's a reason WoW and FFXIV continue to rake in so much cash (being good helps tho)

1 hour ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

OT: I think no new content will be announced. So i dont have my hopes up. I just hope for a good written story and beautiful maps. That is enough for me. 

I have the same expectations. Nothing more will be added and at this point all I can really hope for is fishing adds some nice additional recipes to cooking. Story progression in a MMO just doesnt do it for me.

15 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Imho the last thing this game needs is trivial skins, we need gameplay content in the zones.

My thoughts everytime I boot up the game. Give the world real meaning.

15 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Dungeons need to be useful they could tie a leggy set to open world and dungeons

Love this idea

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Dungeons need to be useful they could tie a leggy set to open world and dungeons for the majority of the players that dont raid. Just a plain set that has the function of the armory.  

Anet stopped developing dungeons in lieu of Fractals (and now strikes I suppose).  I don't expect them to go backward.

Well I couldn't give two sh*ts about fishing, so at this point I'm hoping for almost anything! I mean come on, fishing. The most boring sport ever concieved, after golf.....why?

Eeugh..

I don't know. Perhaps they'll introduce a paint drying simulator to go with the chairs?

WT actual F is going on in this game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

Well I couldn't give two sh*ts about fishing, so at this point I'm hoping for almost anything! I mean come on, fishing. The most boring sport ever concieved, after golf.....why?

Eeugh..

I don't know. Perhaps they'll introduce a paint drying simulator to go with the chairs?

WT actual F is going on in this game?

DirectX 11 happens

Can't we have a simply fun expansion for 1 year ?

1.) Infusions function like an outfit/armor. I want to be able to chose my account bound infusion effect. More often than not I just want the option to disable the effect. I want to use the infusion but it doesn't go with my looks.

2.) Dyable weapons.

3.) Ability to use an armor helm when you disable the outfit helm.

4.) New races (Skritt please...)

5.) New Hair, Accessories, and Faces to choose from.

Can anyone tell what my endgame is?

16 hours ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

DirectX 11 happens

Can't we have a simply fun expansion for 1 year ?

I'd love some simple fun but this is ANET. I can't stand fishing, I'm not even remotely interested in it but let's face it, they'll lock achievements and other thing behind it because that's what they do. They force engagment rather than encourage it. The idea of having to take part in something as mind-numbing and tedious as fishing, is almost offensive. To me, this is anti-fun.

The chairs you can pay actual money for are plenty of evidence that this could be horrendous. They've actually found a way to monetize something that stops people playing the game and encourages them to literally sit there doing nothing.

I'd love to see something fun. This isnt it.

I'd prefer they revamped underwater combat. That'd be a heck of a feature, restoring parts of the game that already exist and enhancing them. They could revamp the awful pet system, improving rangers. They could find a way to revitalise dungeons. That'd be great.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

I'd prefer they revamped underwater combat. That'd be a heck of a feature, restoring parts of the game that already exist and enhancing them. They could revamp the awful pet system, improving rangers. They could find a way to revitalise dungeons. That'd be great.

Cant disagree with most of that. Anets abandonment of older content has..bothered me for awhile, dungeons are the exception to that an ill explain below.

Underwater combat was abandoned, without evem trying to make it functional or fun, why? Ranger pets / all class minions have needed some work since the start.

The biggest showing of this though is the latest "return to", a bug thats been reported for literal years is still preventing progress in their newest achievements...HOW? WHY? That is their biggest failing, bugs.

For dungeons though, they are a mess. Part of why they got abandoned was due to their code.

• Like 1