What feature would you like to see in the expansion :)

At the moment what they showed fells lackluster to me and i would like some extra features then just fishing + turtle + 4 maps on launch. especially if you want people to stop calling this the 30$ patch. 

What i would like to see added:

1 - Pet battles - with something like 500 minis in the game simply group them on attack defence and utility give them combat skills and let us fight pokemon style, and add ap for it. i dont see why this is not already a thing and it makes more sense then fishing to me.

2 - new fractals - i like fractals and we need more.

3 - new raids - every expansion of every other mmorpg comes with new raids why should anet be any different except lazyness.

4 - more mounts - for example mount that can move 2 or 3 people, mount that can trully fly in the sky etc.

5 - gen 3 legendaries that are not just 1 basic skin copy pasted 16 times - i mean really 🙂

6 - old festivals improved in particular sab i really like it and it has not recieved any love from anet in the pass 8 years, which is a shame it is your best festival by far.

7 - Margonite reaper combat tonic, and dervish class copy pasted from gw1.

8 - improved guild system specifically copy what you did in gw1 with 1 guild being main and others you can have in alliance to talk to with.

9 - more then 4 maps at launch of the expansion.

10 - shared gathering tool slots - self explanatory.

11 - add crafting and tp merchants to guild halls & give us new upgrades / benefits.

- thats it for now im sure ill add more later 

well those are what i would like to see post your ideas what you would like anet to add to the game before expansion launches. 

Edited by MarkoGold.7126
fixed error
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

IMO mini games like this are a very good idea. Just put them in cities (like crab toss) and it would make them much more "living". 

So far cities are kitten boring places where people just afk next to bank or crafting stations. You can do nothing fun there outside of exploration. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

6 - old festivals improved in particular sab i really like it and it has not recieved any love from anet in the pass 8 years, which is a shame it is your best festival by far.
🙂

The guy who made SAB is gone from Arena net. Because the second installment of SAB had bad metrics, Anet dropped it like a ton of bricks instead of taking feedback to improve the third installment of it. A poor decision on Anet's part, and I doubt it'll ever come back.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Well ffxiv new expansion is also coming out and they're getting: two new classes, a new race, new dungeons, raids, new PvP mode, new housing area and ofc new story and maps among other stuff. The xpac costs $10 more than Eod.

With gw2 we're getting fishing, more elite specs, new story + maps and a turtle.

I know ffxiv is paid while gw2 is b2p but since this topic is about what we want to see in an xpac, this is pretty much it. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

33 minutes ago, Avex.9471 said:

Well ffxiv new expansion is also coming out and they're getting: two new classes, a new race, new dungeons, raids, new PvP mode, new housing area and ofc new story and maps among other stuff. The xpac costs $10 more than Eod.

With gw2 we're getting fishing, more elite specs, new story + maps and a turtle.

I know ffxiv is paid while gw2 is b2p but since this topic is about what we want to see in an xpac, this is pretty much it. 

I think people understimate just how much money anet takes from the gem store, and there asking for extra for expansion while providing amount of content which can be called a patch. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

The guy who made SAB is gone from Arena net. Because the second installment of SAB had bad metrics, Anet dropped it like a ton of bricks instead of taking feedback to improve the third installment of it. A poor decision on Anet's part, and I doubt it'll ever come back.

I know its a shame that guy solo made sab (in his offtime btw)they should take courses on game making from him.

• Confused 3

More "battle mounts" designed for various numbers of players. Especially some based on "golem battlesuits", preferably the finished version of the pact "Golem Battle Suit Prototype" from Air Drop (as this was the only time thus far where the game offered me something like this where I actually had fun using it) as a one player battle mount and this Asuran golem as a 5-10 player battle mount. Also them being decently strong and not just something that makes me instantly want to go out of the "mount" whenever I'm expected to actually do damage.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

1 - Pet battles - with something like 500 minis in the game simply group them on attack defence and utility give them combat skills and let us fight pokemon style, and add ap for it. i dont see why this is not already a thing and it makes more sense then fishing to me.

3 - new raids - every expansion of every other mmorpg comes with new raids why should anet be any different except lazyness.

4 - more mounts - for example mount that can move 2 or 3 people, mount that can trully fly in the sky etc.

5 - gen 3 legendaries that are not just 1 basic skin copy pasted 16 times - i mean really 🙂

8 - improved guild system specifically copy what you did in gw1 with 1 guild being main and others you can have in alliance to talk to with.

11 - add crafting and tp merchants to guild halls & give us new upgrades / benefits.

1 - Polymock is on the wishlist of the GW1 veterans, as many many MANY other things. They do implement some of the old features once in a while, but looking at the feedback, 8/10 are not statisfied with the outcome. However ANet would do a GW2 version of the minigame, I doubt the GW1 veterans would like it.

2 - I do not think they would discontinue that content. It carries too much.

3 - discontinued/temporary on hold. I kindly remind you on that one cursed reddit post, where an ANet official pointed out that the raid-team does no longer exist. I guess they just moved on /shrug.

4 - They give us a slow turtle with cannons. Griffon and Skyscale are good flying mounts. I do not see a problem. But as we keep this request over and over, would anyone of the requesters be so kind and explain what a real flying-mount is in their opinion? Thanks!

5 - that was a design choice. My honest guess is, aside from the completionists/achievers, most will stick to the Gen1 & Gen2 legendaries. Except the gen3 would be significantly cheaper/easier to craft. If too few people accept the content, they may screw it and return to the old system, hopefully.

6 - SAB was explained above.

7 - I did not play GW1.

8 - Our community is focused about how guilds work in GW2.

9 - HoT had only 4, but PoF had 5: Crystal Oasis, Desert Highlands, Elon Riverlands, Desolation and Vabbi

10 - That would be a lot of gems to pay back. Some accounts have multiple sets of unbreakable tools. But a Gather-Armory would be a lot easier to manage.

11 - It appears they want to concentrate the masses in certain locations - convenience hubs. Guildhalls cannot really fulfill that purpose, due to the /cough infrastructure. Guilds with 400 players would camp the guildhalls. New upgrades and benefits would be nice, together with a rework of the mission-system.

My list is smaller:

1 - Gemstore/TP and Item/Salvage/Storage-system. Rework or update, I do not care how you name it. But it will not improve from adding more and more things on the stack.

2 - Rework of the transformation/mount system. We can skip most of the new-race discussions if they allow us to use transformations on mounts and in combat. The problem is, they cannot allow it because it does not work ^^. Going back into Path of Fire Storyline, you never wondered why Kasmeer's illusion was just an aura and a buff-icon? Not possible at all. I guess the mount-system uses character data from the game-database itself, to create the image of the mounted player. Same as the avatar-picture in the text-dialogues and party-windows. This is a guess. It would be nice to have a developer around for this topic, as it keeps re-appearing on the forums over and over. But I could also wish for a cone of ice-cream dropping from the sky in my favorite flavors, which would probably have a higher chance than that. 

3 - seeing more of the features implemented, which have been tested in the LW. They did a lot of cool things in those maps. No one really talks about that, some of the tests are extremely well hidden, but really hope we see most of them in EoD.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Isn't it a little late to be asking now?  I mean, the expansion would have been planned a long time ago.  Whatever is in it now is only going to be tweaked.  I highly doubt that anything else would be added at this point.

If they want people to buy their expansion its not unreasonable to want some features implemented not just the very basic stuff they showed.

• Confused 4

2 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

If they want people to buy their expansion its not unreasonable to want some features implemented not just the very basic stuff they showed.

Im fairly certain -alot- of players already bought the expansion and while i do agree i think its feature lite, i doubt it will be content lite, and thats not a bad thing imo.

The only one of your points i really agree with is the Gen 3 legendaries, it feels lazy, but they wont undo it now, way to late for that.

• Like 3

At this stage, what they have planned is largely in motion.  Currently, they are gathering feedback, aka the beta testing, so they can tweak features and improve the details.  While it is fun to speculate on what each of us would like to see, it's been discussed to death on the forums.  Now it's a wait and see, and I feel like many players have a visualization of what they want it to be and are setting themselves up for disappointment because the devs don't have that same view.  

I hope for fun new experiences and cool new areas to explore.  I hope for active, enjoyable maps and for fun events. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Certainly, but my point is that any planning for the expansion has already been done. At this point, nothing new would be added to the planning board.  I believe that there is neither time nor resources available to allocate now to anything that didn't make it to the board.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

At the moment what they showed fells lackluster to me and i would like some extra features then just fishing + turtle + 4 maps on launch. especially if you want people to stop calling this the 30$ patch. 

What i would like to see added:

well those are what i would like to see post your ideas what you would like anet to add to the game before expansion launches. 

The stuff u ask is pretty boring and more of the same

Pokemon fights where is that different from fishing? 

Other is more this more that and some QOL patches I give u less money than I give anet for their ideas, at least that siege turtle is fun and serves the purpose of increasing social connections.

If you want something WOW why dream so small?

•  

Here is a more daring list of features 

•  
    • Parkour change how our class can move through certain areas, wall running wall jumping climbing fluent parkour style.
    •  
    • Air Combat (Pirate like Air Battles for WVW and pvp) Skyscale Air Combat Dog Fights or even  griffon air chase. 
    •  
    • Housing but not instanced Buy real real estate in tyria and own it, built ur house higher and the style u like, Houses are part of the world the player itself shape the cities while they grow.
    •  
    • Complete New classes (new race that's just cosmetics, but a new class can be free of all chains)
    •  
    • New Masteries Language now u can talk with core tyria npcs like Largos and other races and buy weapon and armor skins, It will also open up new areas on old maps for u.
    • Jewel crafting 500 Ways to create cosmetics urself, with the ability to dye weapons. 
    • Hand to Hand Combat (want challange urself how about take off ur weapons and beat Lupicus in a fist fight) Possible use in PVP as well.

What people forget is what made HOT and POF so great. One could go back to old content and rediscover it with the new skills.

Is my List realistic ? Not for EOD for sure(it's big and ambitious) but I hope one can see what's missing in IBS and EOD in compare to HOT and POF it's this refreshing progression feeling what makes one go back to the old maps and feeling more complete than before)

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

I know its a shame that guy solo made sab (in his offtime btw)they should take courses on game making from him.

Well SAB world 2 id argue wasn't great design at least the original version. Even the designer admitted he went overboard with adding too many ideas.

The team are more than talented enough so don't really need one person to teach them game design, plus rheyve already stated they are very slowly working on future sab content, but said it may be a 2-3 years at least (that was 18 months ago).

Im very happy with the features so far. I just want a big expansion. 5-6 maps at least, lots of exploration and a decent story. They take priority for me over too many features

9 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Well SAB world 2 id argue wasn't great design at least the original version. Even the designer admitted he went overboard with adding too many ideas.

The team are more than talented enough so don't really need one person to teach them game design, plus rheyve already stated they are very slowly working on future sab content, but said it may be a 2-3 years at least (that was 18 months ago).

Im very happy with the features so far. I just want a big expansion. 5-6 maps at least, lots of exploration and a decent story. They take priority for me over too many features

Well you are easy to please then. 

• Confused 1

On 8/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, MarkoGold.7126 said:

new raids - every expansion of every other mmorpg comes with new raids why should anet be any different except lazyness

Since most people never participate in those, why would Anet waste time and effort making raids, except the fact everyone else did it. There's nothing as lazy as copying from others.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

Since most people never participate in those, why would Anet waste time and effort making raids, except the fact everyone else did it. There's nothing as lazy as copying from others.

For the people who did participate why make everything for the lowest common denominator ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

For the people who did participate why make everything for the lowest common denominator ?

If they arent developing content for X mode, the population who does them isnt big enough(or spending enough) to warrant the money spent to keep making them. Its a business decision. Im sure anet would love to add more raids if they had infinite money, but they dont, so the modes that bring in the most income get the development time.

Also, lowest common denominator? Your bias is showing there a bit.

Edited by Dante.1763