The doom of the Marionette

Elrey.5472

39 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Oh, that's the reason all those 250 LI groups kept failing!

I only joined squads without requirements (because asking for LI in something that's not even related to it is completely stupid in the first place) and succeeded, must be magic. People that wanted to learn the content, mostly managed to do it, spreading population thin because of no specific windows is problematic, pretty obviously removing those windows for dragonstorm would lower the participation in that even as well and weak sarcastic responses won't change that.

Ocourse, the public version, even though anyone could join without a squad and therefore potentially had a higher chance of leechers didn't fail as much.

Very obviously it's due to higher number of people allowed to enter (which is what allows leechers to be a thing in the first place) and it has nothing to do with what was said above.

I'm just going to congratulate you and anyone else that was against any changes for effectively killing off another piece of instanced content. Congratulations, I hope you enjoy what you've reaped time and time again.

Before you revert to sarcastically "congratulating" anyone, you should understand what my actual position was (and still is):

On 7/15/2021 at 9:59 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

The main reason I think leaving public version on a regular timer would be useful, is to possibly make it easier to find a group due to making the times people look for squads less spread out. Not a huge problem now, but the population can -and probably will- get much more diluted over the time.

Lower participation was expected. I thought the same thing I think now: no specific windows for the event spreads the population, making it harder to get a bigger squad that's needed there. Let me know when you're ready to respond to what I say instead of what you think I say.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

20 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

They are both 'instanced content', actually. 

Obviously, I've never stated something else.

Just calling out the people that were against changes for the squad version, the reason that caused its current state😉.

They can blame leechers, time-windows or anything else any way they want, doesn't change the real cause for it being unpopular. Not the first time they've blamed it on something else but themselves when it comes to instanced content.

The instanced public version was popular enough amongst the playerbase to change Anets' mind. It was also better balanced, like I've previously stated.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Just calling out the people that were against changes for the squad version, the reason that caused its current state 😉.

Calling out so hard. I've added it to the previous post, but in case you've missed it:

Before you revert to sarcastically "congratulating" anyone, you should understand what my actual position was (and still is):

On 7/15/2021 at 9:59 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

The main reason I think leaving public version on a regular timer would be useful, is to possibly make it easier to find a group due to making the times people look for squads less spread out. Not a huge problem now, but the population can -and probably will- get much more diluted over the time.

Lower participation was expected. I thought the same thing I think now: no specific windows for the event spreads the population, making it harder to get a bigger squad that's needed there. Nothing that's currently happening goes against what I previously thought will happen, as clearly visible in the quote above. Let me know when you're ready to respond to what I say instead of what you think I say.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Calling out so hard. I've added it to the previous post, but in case you've missed it:

Lower participation was expected. I thought the same thing I think now: no specific windows for the event spreads the population, making it harder to get a bigger squad that's needed there. Nothing that's currently happening goes against what I previously thought will happen, as clearly visible in the quote above. Let me know when you're ready to respond to what I say instead of what you think I say.

I would love it if public version come back but dont have a time slot and they can see how hard it is to get 50-80 people into a instance.

Then realise that yes it is the time slot that is the problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Apparently one of the fifty Scourges required to do private instances decided to go back to their AFK farm in Blazeridge Steppes so the other 49 got fed up and quit the content.

I hope the public version returns "soon" (Anet (c)(tm)(just before alliances) 2021)

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Confused 1

On 8/28/2021 at 2:26 AM, Elrey.5472 said:

Let's be honest, this event is not played often anymore, and a HUGE part of it is because it's instanced in the eye of the north.

Do you like the marionette being instanced?

I disagree. It being instanced is not the issue. It no longer having a public option, plus the lack of unique rewards, is more likely the reason why it is not being played anymore.

I would love to do it daily! :classic_biggrin: It's such a cool, fun encounter. I hope they will re-release the revised public version soon. 🥰

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

FYI:  Autumn (Fall) does not begin until September 22nd. 

I don't know what the weather's been like lately where you live, but summer is definitely over in central Europe. It also started very late this year (in late June) and was extreme temperature- and weather-wise.

So screw any official dates. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I don't know what the weather's been like lately where you live, but summer is definitely over in central Europe. It also started very late this year (in late June) and was extreme temperature- and weather-wise.

So screw any official dates. 😉

Oh, summer is still on in the states, it needs to end, but i doubt it will anytime soon, it also started late here. 😞

13 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Dragonstorm is part of that boss rotation 😛 

I would not say a event that goes in 2 hour cycles are part of the every 15 mins a new boss rotation tho.

If it was like Teq, drakkar that it was  only afew times a day sure, but 12 times nah it is clearly outside the rotation.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I would not say a event that goes in 2 hour cycles are part of the every 15 mins a new boss rotation tho.

If it was like Teq, drakkar that it was  only afew times a day sure, but 12 times nah it is clearly outside the rotation.

I think it is being included as it is part of the World Boss Portal Device's itinerary.

Perhaps, The Twisted Marionette will be added, as well.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Boss_Portal_Device

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
clarity
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I think it is being included as it is part of the World Boss Portal Device's itinerary.

Perhaps, The Twisted Marionette will be added, as well.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Boss_Portal_Device

Haha dident know dragonstorm was in the world boss portal.

Considering it is instanced it should not be in that portal at all.

And its up every 2 hours so its easy to know when its going to start.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

And its up every 2 hours so its easy to know when its going to start.

I mean, the other (easy) bosses are also on every two hours, so they're also pretty easy to know when they start... 😉

Most meta things are on a two hour timer, with a few (the medium bosses) on a longer rotation. Off the top of my head... all the HoT Metas are on two hours, and so are Dry Top, Fire Elemental, Jungle Worm, Ley Line Anomaly, ... I will spare you listing them all out 😄 I mostly just run Taco, which has `/wiki et` in a graphical view, but that of course lacks the portal functionality...

• Like 1