stealth

noiwk.2760

can you please delete stealth along with thief from the game? daredevil is just kinda kitten and stupid..  its not even fun anymore to fight someone who use stealth every 2 seconds ..  rework stealth put some real cooldown on it !  its soooooooo annoying that thieves just stealth every few seconds and jump on you agian and then stealth again and again and agian even when they dont have to they stealth because they can..   get rid of it !

• Like 6
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

I recommend doing what I did just recently. 

Make a thief of your own, and play it until you're comfortable with the profession. Take note of what opposing players are doing to counter you. 

Personally, I never knew how frustrating tempests were until I started playing DE. I love it when Swirling winds disables my character for 6 seconds. 

Also see: Shocking Aura. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Umm i just dont think steath in its current form is healthy or anything.. i think its poorly designed it has 0 drawback as a mechanic ..  and  the fact that thief has basically no cd spamable stealth is just annoying .. i feel like the stealth spam with the stupid shadow heart is a toxic mechanic that just annoy and bully newer players.  no class should ahve spamable stealth that heals them and clean conditions and provide damage reduction ..  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, noiwk.2760 said:

Umm i just dont think steath in its current form is healthy or anything.. i think its poorly designed it has 0 drawback as a mechanic ..  and  the fact that thief has basically no cd spamable stealth is just annoying .. i feel like the stealth spam with the stupid shadow heart is a toxic mechanic that just annoy and bully newer players.  no class should ahve spamable stealth that heals them and clean conditions and provide damage reduction ..  

I feel your thoughts would be a lot more constructive if you demonstrated some familiarity with the profession and its actual play style. Have you found playing Thief to be easy and unfairly rewarding or have you never even tried the profession you claim is the beneficiary of a toxic mechanic?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, noiwk.2760 said:

Stealth has multiple CD's there is :

1. Your button cooldown like your heal for 4 seconds of stealth.

2. Then there's the combo cooldown which is to combo a smoke field since only thieves and engineers can create smoke fields thats 2 cool downs, 1 to put the field down 1 to combo it. (also you rarely see an engineer with a traited fire turrent or the trait that drops a smoke field when they are CC'd.

3. There's also the reveal timer as well if you hit some one in stealth you cannot restealth for i think 5 seconds regardless of your own internal cool downs.

So in all stealth is a cost heavy mechanic that thieves happily spend initiative and endurance over because you simply cannot live outisde of it learn to find the openings when they are visible it happens alot and all it takes is one or two good hits to kill a thief or make him run or rotate.

Edited by Genesis.5169
Additional Info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, noiwk.2760 said:

can you please delete stealth along with thief from the game? daredevil is just kinda kitten and stupid..  its not even fun anymore to fight someone who use stealth every 2 seconds ..  rework stealth put some real cooldown on it !  its soooooooo annoying that thieves just stealth every few seconds and jump on you agian and then stealth again and again and agian even when they dont have to they stealth because they can..   get rid of it !

Stealth has been nerfed years ago with the revealed debuff they added. Keep in mind all you need to do is use an aoe, or cleave and you can actually "accidentally" kill a thief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, noiwk.2760 said:

Thief is a hard class to master. You are tripping right now. Stealth has massive CD's. It used to disengage fights. Every class on here has something of comparison to disengage and re-engage a fight. A lot of classes have MUCH stronger ways of doing this too. I gotta be honest. I am tired of this forum being full of people calling for Mechanics to be Removed. Learn to play the game. Whisper me in game and I will even do 1v1's with you, to teach u various engagements. Ask around HOTM for plats and legendary players to 1v1 with you on a variety of classes to help you get better. Lots of vets like teaching open minded new players. It's how I have improved. 

TLDR: Change your mindset from "I need to get this removed on the forum" to "I need to learn how to beat this in game." FYI - It feels really good to be received by your PvP community and get 1v1 help from someone who knows a lot more than we do. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Change your mindset from "I need to get this removed on the forum" to "I need to learn how to beat this in game."

It’s a strange cultural development that has arisen around MMOs, probably due to their social and interactive nature. It seems a strange impulse to blame the mechanics of the game before truly mastering them. How do these people cope with games that don’t give them (perceived) access to the developers? Chess is broken, nerf Queens!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Stealth has massive CD's. It used to disengage fights. Every class on here has something of comparison to disengage and re-engage a fight. A lot of classes have MUCH stronger ways of doing this too.

This is biased. No meta or semi-meta build can compete with thief in terms of disengage or re-engage ability.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

This is biased. No meta or semi-meta build can compete with thief in terms of disengage or re-engage ability.

Its not biased. Actually. Or even close lol.

Thief has:

Hide in shadows (healing)

Shadow Refuge (If you trait for it. Most good thieves will not take this they will use roll for initiative instead)

Smoke Bomb (Almost always taken)

Shadow Step (Always taken)

That's three outside of infiltrators arrows which utilizes initiative. 

Thief is has regulations on this with the implementation of reveal. (Any condi damage etc will not allow stealth to take place)

Mesmer:

Has port and Stealth's alongside clones (Directly competing with stealth and shadow step with the assistance of clones to make it more confusing)

Necro

has shroud and

worm (Function likes Shadow Step) 

along with Fear CC

Warrior 

Full Counter

Greatsword 3

Greatsword 5

Shield 5

Bull Charge

Dagger 2

Dagger F1

A warrior can run around the entire map mitigating damage and kiting. 

Elementalist

Also has teleport 

stone Skin

Water attunement for healing while increasing kiting and mobility on the map.

I could continue to go on but I just gave you four classes with three abilities each that either match or exceed thief. Your statement respectfully is incorrect. On top of all of this - Thief once nailed down will die right away. This is not anywhere close to true for the other classes I listed. Being able to move around with skill and choice is one of the core mechanics of thief. Same as Mesmer is designed specifically to confuse you. Even it were true, its supposed to be this way. Its what the thief has to offer a team. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2021 at 12:49 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

Make a thief of your own, and play it until you're comfortable with the profession. Take note of what opposing players are doing to counter you. 

*Slaps post* 

This bad boy can fit so much good advice in it~

21 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

(Any condi damage etc will not allow stealth to take place)

Unless you run deadly ambush / caltrops which nobody does

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2021 at 1:19 PM, noiwk.2760 said:

Is this where I ask to remove Necro's conditions?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Oslaf NA.2793 said:

why would you complain about thief

Someone got bad-touched by a Thief in low ranked PvP or was caught alone in WvW. Either they were killed and it was frustrating, or they tried to fight back and the Thief ran away (apparently also frustrating).

On 8/30/2021 at 9:00 PM, jdawgie.1835 said:

disengage and re-engage a fight. A lot of classes have MUCH stronger ways of doing this too

13 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

has shroud

along with Fear CC

Shield 5

stone Skin

Water attunement for healing while increasing kiting and mobility on the map.

LUL

• Thanks 1