skiffis and fishing looks amazing and that aproblem?

BadSanta.6527

15 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

They go and cut down trees, farm nodes. That's not really a niche activity. People farm for mats. It's not a new dungeon or fractal or raid, but I bet more people chop trees than raid or fractal or dungeon.

I hadn't even thought of that yet. A few weeks after launch, the most profitable fishing spots will probably be on GW2Efficiency, and there will be alts parked there to log in, fish four times, log out each day.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, Marikus.1875 said:

they're completely revamping WvW

You call a way to re-organize player groups and a slight improvement of the drop system for supporters a "complete revamp"?! :classic_huh: I am almost at a loss of words here...

A complete revamp would be, for instance, if they replaced one of the Alpine Borderlands with a brand new map with completely new mechanics (e.g., siege turtles). This "revamp", though, will not change anything about the WvW experience as such - locations, objectives and game mechanics will remain the same old same old as ever. :classic_sleep:

Edited by Ashantara.8731

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You call a way to re-organize player groups and a slight improvement of the drop system for supporters a "complete revamp"?! :classic_huh: I am almost at a loss of words here...

A complete revamp would be, for instance, if they replaced one of the Alpine Borderlands with a brand new map with completely new mechanics (e.g., siege turtles). This "revamp", though, will not change anything about the WvW experience as such - locations, objectives and game mechanics will remain the same old same old as ever. :classic_sleep:

While this is no doubt true it's at least major change to WvW, and one that will shake things up quite a bit, I think. It's not a complete revamp, but it can't be relegated as a minor feature. It's a big deal.

They didn't look that great from the guild chat (at least to me), I fear they could be quite plain and simple, I mean that they don't seem that "game-changing" like glider or mounts were. 

Aside from fishing on it and bringing other people with you (which I don't see the value, except for roleplayers), what does a skiff offer that a skimmer can't do? 

But I give it the benefit of the doubt untill we actually can test it ourselves, I would be glad to be wrong.

Edited by Zaraki.5784
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

They didn't look that great from the guild chat (at least to me), I fear they could be quite plain and simple, I mean that they don't seem that "game-changing" like glider or mounts were. 

Aside from fishing on it and bringing other people with you (which I don't see the value, except for roleplayers), what does a skiff offer that a skimmer can't do? 

But I give it the benefit of the doubt untill we actually can test it ourselves, I would be glad to be wrong.

Well you do get a specific group buff that boost your fishing power and fishing power seem to give you better drops.

That is something you cant get going alone on your skimmer.

• Confused 1