Will Unyielding Dragons reduce the damage of Dragon Slash in WvW/PvP?

Gorilla.4120

30 minutes ago, Mighty Cole.7849 said:

The grandmaster trait Unyielding Dragons applies a 1/2s stun to every Dragon Slash skill. Does this mean all of the Dragon Slash skills will be reduced to a 0.01 damage coefficient?
If so, they should rename the trait to Impotent Dragons because Dragon Slash has no other purpose but damage.

Dragon who stepped in it's tail

I've been saying this, the feb 2020 update messed us up the most out of all classes. And in my opinion it didn't have anything to do with "purity of purpose" or any design philosophy bullcrap. They either don't know how to balance correctly, or they look at balance as a waste of time and just chuck Cal at all issues. Headbutt will forever be my reminder of that.

• Thanks 2

I have to admit, being rooted in place for 5s while charging a weapon skill that has no damage and a half second stun is pretty ingenious. I wonder if it was designed by some of those mathematicians Cal Cohen was talking about in the live stream? 🤔

Edited by Mighty Cole.7849
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You doubt Cal's insistence that Hard CCs do no damage?

Perhaps the wind up on it would be enough to  justify still having damage though...

Skills thats naturally do CC don't do damage but traits that do damage due to CC are fine. e.g. Terror and Lightning Rod. For me this follows the same rules because its a trait it should be fine. 

It would also be weird that it didn't because the times you would need to benefit from the unblockable and cant be blinded outside of competitive modes is near 0. Trait seems almost designed for PvP so if it 0'd the damage it just doesn't feel like it would make sense, at least to me. 

Edited by Sigmoid.7082

7 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Skills thats naturally do CC don't do damage but traits that do damage due to CC are fine. e.g. Terror and Lightning Rod. For me this follows the same rules because its a trait it should be fine. 

It would also be weird that it didn't because the times you would need to benefit from the unblockable and cant be blinded outside of competitive modes is near 0. Trait seems almost designed for PvP so if it 0'd the damage it just doesn't feel like it would make sense, at least to me. 

I know, but I'm not putting past Cal to do it as a cruel joke on warriors.

2 hours ago, Mighty Cole.7849 said:

The grandmaster trait Unyielding Dragons applies a 1/2s stun to every Dragon Slash skill. Does this mean all of the Dragon Slash skills will be reduced to a 0.01 damage coefficient?
If so, they should rename the trait to Impotent Dragons because Dragon Slash has no other purpose but damage.

Traits that stun dont effect the damage of a skill that does damage, I believe Ele has a few like this.

It will most likely still deal damage.

Remember lightning rod, the trait which adds damage to every CC applied by the elementalist? It doesn't get the reduced damage treatment, the statement about this was that you specifically take this trait to deal damage with your stuns, so it makes no sense to not give it damage.

This is a similar case for me. You take the trait to add a stun to your damage ability. Making the attack deal no damage in exchange for the stun would feel terrible, I don't see them reducing the damage with this trait.

• Like 1

It should still do damage, similar to lightening rod. Also, folks who are insisting it's a short duration stun should read the tooltip again. It's a variable stun duration based upon your dragon trigger charge. It's 0.5s per stack up to 10. So a max 5 second stun if you full channel dragon trigger. A more likely scenario is somewhere in the 2-3s stun range which is still really strong. And unblockable and unblindable. 

• Thanks 1