ONE fps.

So.. an actual question here if I might?  I have a pretty bad computer, but I am normally able to play the game.  The unit itself is only 3 yrs old.  When I enable DX11 I get 1 fps.  Yes.  One.

So the question I have is am I doing something wrong or will none of my accts be able to play the game when DX11 is mandatory?  I really didn't think this would be such an immense problem.

If anyone happens to have any decent information or ideas besides the obvious (get a new computer) I would just like to know please.

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Arnox.5128 said:

Makes no sense though. DX11 is supposed to be LIGHTER on performance than DX9. Sounds like a huge bug.

That's not necessarily true. DX11 and DX9 both use your system's hardware differently. You might see performance increase one over another if your graphics card was much better where previously it might of only been CPU getting taxed. 

It is possible there is a bug there, but we would really need to see their hardware specs to know. 

Edited by LuRkEr.9462
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

That's not necessarily true. DX11 and DX9 both use your system's hardware differently. You might see performance increase one over another if your graphics card was much better where previously it might of only been CPU getting taxed. 

It is possible there is a bug there, but we would really need to see their hardware specs to know. 

Just trust me. This is a bug.

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Arnox.5128 said:

Just trust me. This is a bug.

Why should we trust a random person on the internet? An honest question. I mean I'm not saying it's not a bug, it could very well be, but I wouldn't accept "trusting a person on the forum" as evidence if you don't mind.

So far, none of the people that have had this issue has provided the specs of their PCs and that's the first thing to check to see if this is a bug or not.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

OP is not alone. People on social media are reporting the 1 FPS issue on various rig configurations that normally hit about 30-40 FPS when using DX9. Haven't tested on my machine yet (because it all looks like a hot mess right now and I'd rather not), but this isn't a fake problem. This is really happening to people.

So, it's either a compatibility problem, a bug, or some other kind of instability that will hopefully be corrected before they call it done.

19 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Why should we trust a random person on the internet?

Because I'm the best. 🙂

In seriousness, if the OP's graphics solution is really only powerful enough to run DX11 GW2 at 1 FPS, then it shouldn't even have DX11 support at all. Hence, it's a bug.

Edited by Arnox.5128