Will we be getting an elite spec reveal?

asterix.9614

1 hour ago, Naxos.2503 said:

Agreed.. I dont know why they decided to leave All of the medium armors for last. Why didn't we get 1 of each per ? Seems rather arbitrary

Considering the announcements about EoD content like elite specs, masteries etc. were preceded by an announcement that the release was being delayed until next year I suspect things are being announced roughly in the order they're ready to be shown to the public. In this case that would mean the medium armour elite specs are taking longer to finalise.

I don't know that's the case of course, but I can imagine some specs take longer to work out than others, or it's harder to get it working (like the weaver combining 2 different elements, meaning there's 3 things which determine their weapon skills instead of the usual 1 or 2). Or maybe they had an idea which sounded good in theory but didn't actually work in the game so they had to scrap it and start over.

I doubt all the elite specs were ready to go ahead of the first beta and someone just decided the first two would combine heavy and light professions and the 3rd one would be all the mediums. If they were able to plan it like that then definitely the sensible thing to do would have been to have 1 of each weight in each beta.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

If it follows the pattern we should see a silhouette reveal this Friday. Then the second silhouette next week Friday and the third the Friday after that. The espec trailers will then come from the 19th to the 21st. The big livestream with all the skills and traits should be on Friday the 22nd. All in time for the beta on Tuesday the 26th.

That’s how it appeared to be in the prior ones but I’m probably off by a lot 🥲

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/28/2021 at 7:10 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

Considering the announcements about EoD content like elite specs, masteries etc. were preceded by an announcement that the release was being delayed until next year I suspect things are being announced roughly in the order they're ready to be shown to the public. In this case that would mean the medium armour elite specs are taking longer to finalise.

I don't know that's the case of course, but I can imagine some specs take longer to work out than others, or it's harder to get it working (like the weaver combining 2 different elements, meaning there's 3 things which determine their weapon skills instead of the usual 1 or 2). Or maybe they had an idea which sounded good in theory but didn't actually work in the game so they had to scrap it and start over.

I doubt all the elite specs were ready to go ahead of the first beta and someone just decided the first two would combine heavy and light professions and the 3rd one would be all the mediums. If they were able to plan it like that then definitely the sensible thing to do would have been to have 1 of each weight in each beta.

Make files doesn't take too long.

The thing is the Concept and Lore.

Animations are the easiest in the process, considering they do copy and paste for most of them.

• Confused 7

I think it’s odd how people attribute the armor class to how they are supposed to release the betas. In reality, IT doesn’t matter! Armor class has no bearing on anything except how squishy you are. I suspect it is how one of the replys said, they are released in the order they are ready. Armor class makes no sense whatsoever; lol.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

I think it’s odd how people attribute the armor class to how they are supposed to release the betas. In reality, IT doesn’t matter! Armor class has no bearing on anything except how squishy you are. I suspect it is how one of the replys said, they are released in the order they are ready. Armor class makes no sense whatsoever; lol.

We have 3 Light armor professions, and three Heavy armor professions revealed, the only ones left are the 3 Medium armor class professions, so it has to be them.

• Confused 3

I think it's a very unrelated development hurdle that lead the medium armor specs to be last, and not a thematic or esthetic consideration, the releases are not meant to be armor-based-schedules.
Mainly that those 3 are the most sensitive to tackle in terms of design and therefore the least "ready" to show to the public.

• Thief because they need to reinvent a class around a new concept that is not native to the rogue/assassin archetype. A more creative approach needs to be taken to avoid the "Another stealth assassin" archetype and the leaked weapon* seems to indicate that they are trying to accomplish something quite different from what we have seen from the thief. Which, if you look at the traitlines, is complicated because they basically all revolve around a single type of gameplay and pretty poor at serving any other way of playing a thief.
  • Ranger because they have covered all the roles in the game, from range speciality to pure support, condi and power, everything is possible, the ranger icon and the leaked weapon* makes me think of a tanking/scrapper like spec with more bulky and bruiser gameplay, which once again demands a lot of more creative designing around existing traitlines and toolkit than putting daggers on a mesmer and saying "it now can do range dps and doesnt spawn clones"
  • And engineer because the class is such a mess that integrating a new skillset while navigating all the nebulous and poorly executed backbone of the class must be a nightmarish hell for the developpers, demanding so much iteration and consideration that it is simply ready later than other classes.

*Yes, leaks can be inaccurate or unreliable, but can we please not pretend that having predicted 100% of the announced elite spec weapons with in-game-data information is a happy coincidence ?

Edited by Atomnium.1532
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Guess I was wrong. The beta is from 26 to 30 october, and the previous week, from 18 au 22 october we will have for sure the specialization videos up on youtube. 

Come on. With a rate of 1 silhouette per week, it could be today and two other fridays. By following the same organization of 2nd beta events. 

Annoying. Really, the void is felt. We should have at the hour of today at least one silhouette. Not even asking for a complete one, a shadowy one like we had for second beta specs... I am fed up by return events, got the bag and precursor. But will stop doing them. I don't want an aurene weapon.

The elite spec reveal are cool, it creates discussion, revitalize, generate hype. It makes me more and more worried not seeing any new spec.

Wasn't the only person expecting a new silhouette today, see Yung Reezy.8479

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

The elite spec reveal are cool, it creates discussion, revitalize, generate hype. It makes me more and more worried not seeing any new spec.

Maybe too much hype...better to expect little and not be disappointed...been plenty of disappointment threads so far...😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, AppleSauce.4578 said:

People speculated that the mediums were last because they were the most ready, when it may turn out that they were the least ready. 

No way they don’t at least have concept art they could make a silhouette from, though. There’d be no way to get them playable by the next beta if they are that far behind.