Ranger Pets in PvP

Crab Fear.1624

1 hour ago, Lazze.9870 said:

It theoretically slightly raise the cooldown? It's a 200 % increase of the base duration.

Winter's Bite might be bloated, but Splitblade is meh.

Pet's sturdy? Funny. Play any aoe spam build and see the pet either melt or being called back. Fire weaver works wonder against valk ranger.

pets melt against any focused attack no need even to use any actual bursts. After that is 60s cooldown. 

I don't get all this whining about something cannot reach you if you are moving. But of course this is the pvp subforums. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

pets melt against any focused attack no need even to use any actual bursts. After that is 60s cooldown. 

I don't get all this whining about something cannot reach you if you are moving. But of course this is the pvp subforums. 

Smokescales chase people down just fine. If you kite drakes you lose the node. Both have 40k health and 2.2k toughness and are healed+cleansed by troll unguent.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Smokescales chase people down just fine. If you kite drakes you lose the node. Both have 40k health and 2.2k toughness and are healed+cleansed by troll unguent.

More ignorant hate towards the ranger is shown... But well what to expect in pvp subforums. 

Some actual facts: 

1. Smokescales and drakes have 20K hp and the equivalent to light armor in case you are checking the stats in the wiki for PvE.
  2. Smokescale has been nerfed plenty of times, it practicaly does not damage.
  3. If you can't kite drakes then kill them, they will not dodge your attacks. 
  4. Pets do not cleanse conditions. 

Maybe this is a you problem and could be solved learning to play the game. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
small grammar correction
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

More ignorant hate towards the ranger is shown... But well what to expect in pvp subforums. 

Some actual facts: 

1. Smokescales and drakes have 20K hp and the equivalent to light armor in case you are checking the stats in the wiki for PvE.

Look at the in game pet stats. Its 43k. But what can you expect from ranger mains, they dont even know how their own class works 🤮

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Some actual facts: 

This is why we cant have nice things.
Ranger mains expect people to dump 20k dmg into a pet with 2 dodges, following pet swap, another 22k dmg on top of pets healing and ranger healing skill ( so more like 30k ) followed by another pet swap into another 20k dmg.
The only way that happens is XvX when pet dies to aoe or weaver on a side-node, as nobody can afford to dump 70k+ dmg into a kittening AI

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

This is why we cant have nice things.
Ranger mains expect people to dump 20k dmg into a pet with 2 dodges, following pet swap, another 22k dmg on top of pets healing and ranger healing skill ( so more like 30k ) followed by another pet swap into another 20k dmg.
The only way that happens is XvX when pet dies to aoe or weaver on a side-node, as nobody can afford to dump 70k+ dmg into a kittening AI

Those are rookie numbers...my build has pets doing 200k dmg on each swap and each of them can tank a whole 50 man zerg in WvW, also if I want really to put effort ..I switch to a build where I directly command the pet to go and cap the whole eternal battleground, no siege required

P.S with my build each pet has around 1m HP...so gl trying to down it xd

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Well, thats where anti-bunker crusade has lead us to, place where multiple classes got stripped of most defensive tools that could counter some playstyles to some degree... Reason why Anet should finaly adress why bunkers were the issue rather than try to fight defensive options, because they are like Don Kichote fighting with Mills causing only random damage to balance.

> I complain about a bunker, because nothing has the damage to kill it
> Some guy answers saying we need more bunkering to counter the bunker, instead of the damage to actually kill said bunker

This place is just precious, please never change.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

> I complain about a bunker, because nothing has the damage to kill it
> Some guy answers saying we need more bunkering to counter the bunker, instead of the damage to actually kill said bunker

This place is just precious, please never change.

I find it hillarious, anyone considers those nowadays squishy builds as bunkers. They are total paper compared to those ran in the past. If Ranger would be viable bunkers as you say, trust me, you would see them one every team during tournaments like it was with many Cele specs pre-HoT, or Chronomancers post it etc.

On 10/16/2021 at 3:49 PM, Crab Fear.1624 said:

The hard CC need some kind of visual tell, like red rings for melee, and the red lazer beam for ranged.

Also, stop having them do it immediately on pet swap.

Also, when I am fighting ranger and greater then 600 units but less than 900 units, does the pet spawn on me when the swap happens versus the ranger?

It feels so instant, and without a good tell, hard to avoid.

Please fix these for competitive.

Anet answer : "The power of nature flows back and forth between the untamed and their animal companion, empowering their killing blows."

4 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Look at the in game pet stats. Its 43k. But what can you expect from ranger mains, they dont even know how their own class works 🤮

Pet stat sheet is bugged and does not show the correct values. Actual pet hp is displayed on the pet health bar and it is 23,8k for drake and smokescale in PvP (with BM/no druid). No pet has anywhere near 40+k hp in PvP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Pet stat sheet is bugged and does not show the correct values. Actual pet hp is displayed on the pet health bar and it is 23,8k for drake and smokescale in PvP (with BM/no druid). No pet has anywhere near 40+k hp in PvP.

20k, 40k, fact remains that having to burn through 2x 20k pet HP + whatever heals ontop, is ALOT of damage for most builds to put out. If I could burst 50k damage, I'd just do it onto the ranger directly. And even if I can dump 50k damage onto the pet, I probably have to use my whole skillbar to do it, leaving nothing left to actually fight the ranger.

"Just kill the pet durhur" is maybe a valid strat if the pets in question are birds, and the other player is playing something very high DPS. Good luck trying to kill a rock gazelle and a smokescale against a ranger that uses its heal and swap properly.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

20k, 40k, fact remains that having to burn through 2x 20k pet HP + whatever heals ontop, is ALOT of damage for most builds to put out. If I could burst 50k damage, I'd just do it onto the ranger directly. And even if I can dump 50k damage onto the pet, I probably have to use my whole skillbar to do it, leaving nothing left to actually fight the ranger.

"Just kill the pet durhur" is maybe a valid strat if the pets in question are birds, and the other player is playing something very high DPS. Good luck trying to kill a rock gazelle and a smokescale against a ranger that uses its heal and swap properly.

And yet there are builds that kill pets without even trying. It is not that much dmg when considering pets can't avoid dmg. And even if you don't kill them, so what?, It's not like you have to in oder to deal with rangers. It just happens to be an option for certain builds that allows them to shut down core ranger without a whole lot of counterplay. It is also the main reason why core ranger tends to be bad outside of 1vs1 and not played at high lvl competitive PvP (or WvW for that matter).

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

And yet there are builds that kill pets without even trying. It is not that much dmg when considering pets can't avoid dmg. And even if you don't kill them, so what?, It's not like you have to in oder to deal with rangers. It just happens to be an option for certain builds that allows them to shut down core ranger without a whole lot of counterplay. It is also the main reason why core ranger tends to be bad outside of 1vs1.

Honestly ...the type of players you should be aware of....rarely if ever post on the forum, about the rest....you can beat them in game while playing double devourer....stowed/defense mode pet...or even on a druid, you really have nothing to be concerned about at this point. I beat/hold people of in game...on a core d/d ele, that should tell you everything you need to know ...ha and these people most times have got these fancy titles from pvp...go figure

5 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

So it seems more damage from the pet incoming for PvP which is abold statement against thread like this.  This is going to be so much fun. 

depends how it is made, from what I seen it seems to be a buff jumping from ranger to pet.
If they make pet weaker baseline, and much stronger with a buff, do the same to ranger, then you have to worry about only 1 of them at a time, which should be much more fun for both sides if they actually pull this off right.
I have my hopes high, I have been playing soulbeast 99% of the time due to how kitten pets are for the game, and this spec actually brings me hope of using my pets without feeling like a degenerate for doing so.

14 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Well if they would just load up one ranger in pvp they would see it by themselves. There is no excuse to to post stuff like this and the only reason they can have is just because of whining. Well this are the pvp subforums after all. 

14 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

It is called L2P. You have that pet mechanic and you should learn to deal with it the same as other players learn to deal with the reflections uptime from other classes. 

Also anet is pushing the pet mechanic in this new expansion so i would advise you to begin to learn to deal with the pet mechanic.  The untamed aparently have a "hulk mode" which seems to make the pet tankier and more damaging. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1