Follow Square Enix on Banning Content Clears for Gold, Please ANET

Charall.4710

10 minutes ago, Asgaeroth.6427 said:

Yes, lets just call raid sellers legit and that makes the problem go away. I am sure that the people soaking up millions of gold year after year are totally just stockpiling it and using it for benevolent purposes. Professional gold resellers in GW2 do not bot, botting in GW2 is small time. You really think running some accounts to drum up a few thousand mithril a day is perpetuating the RMTers? It takes hundreds of accounts to meet the same level of gold you get from carrying a few raids a night. RMT is exclusively centered around raids, and that is by Anet's specific design. Nothing else in the game twists arms to buy gems to the same degree as raid carry.

Close the thread, move along, nothing to see here, an RMTer said the method they use to RMT isn't very effective, problems are solved.

Unless you people have some hard evidence over Raid Sellers being RMT sellers, all you're doing is literally putting blame on an actual problem with the game with people who you think are the problem, when you have no evidence to prove it otherwise. 

I've seen both NA and EU suffer bots and AFK farmers en masse. I can literally search the terms "bot" or "AFK Farming" and I can see massive amounts of people posting their videos, screenshots and the like on this forum alone. I know exactly how RMT sellers get their due because RMT sellers are absolute degenerates that they will do as little work as possible (even through illegal means) to gain as much profit as possible. 

16 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Then why did you bring it up?

Because it was related to the subject matter.
As are Dungons which I also brought up in my original post and were also once upon a time gatekept content by some players as well.. thus contributing to the run selling issue in dungeons back in the day.
Which diminished over time as more players got into the content and finding groups was much easier. 

Your previous response to me wasn't addressing the run selling aspect, it was specifically aimed at the gatekeeping comments I made.
I'm not interested in having another pointless debate about raid gatekeeping, i'd rather stay on topic with the run selling.
Gatekeeping is only relevant in the discussion in that it contributes to the demand of run selling.

The demand for run selling was used in defence of the practice as well in other comments.
That's another reason why I brought it up because I remember what it was like years ago with certain dungeons and how impossible it was to find people to play with thanks in part to run sellers.
Excessive run selling hurts group finding efforts, which is already something that is extremely poor in raiding anyway.

• Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Because it was related to the subject matter.
As are Dungons which I also brought up in my original post and were also once upon a time gatekept content by some players as well.. thus contributing to the run selling issue in dungeons back in the day.
Which diminished over time as more players got into the content and finding groups was much easier.

Dungeon groups were never gatekept, unless you and I have a different definition of gatekeeping.

The more casual groups simply filled faster because of less requirements. If you were a player who bothered with making your own groups you would know that.

Now if you consider not being welcome in EVERY single group which is listed on the LFG as gatekeeping, well then we do have different definitions of gatekeeping which explains a lot of the misunderstandings.

Your previous response to me wasn't addressing the run selling aspect, it was specifically aimed at the gatekeeping comments I made.
I'm not interested in having another pointless debate about raid gatekeeping, i'd rather stay on topic with the run selling.
Gatekeeping is only relevant in the discussion in that it contributes to the demand of run selling.

So again, why do you get to make claims which are not relevant to the discussion?

The demand for run selling was used in defence of the practice as well in other comments.
That's another reason why I brought it up because I remember what it was like years ago with certain dungeons and how impossible it was to find people to play with thanks in part to run sellers.
Excessive run selling hurts group finding efforts, which is already something that is extremely poor in raiding anyway.

Dungeon run selling NEVER interfered with players who wanted to run dungeons. Players who were/are able to make use of the LFG always found others to run dungeons with up to this day.

I'm just tired of players who are due to whatever reason unable to make this games grouping work for them make baseless claims. At some point some self reflection might be advised.

The Ascent to Madness Halloween instance is the perfect example for this behavior. The LFG is near always empty, because groups fill so fast, and most players are to lazy/inept to make their own groups (or simply lack the desire to be "in charge" of typing a few words into the LFG, as little as ATM in this case).

You are right though, why should I bother after all these years. Some of the new players are managing just fine and for veterans who after years and years of complaining and not getting any closer to their rewards, they obviously have accepted that reality or have quit. So it all worked out in the end.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

I could not agree with this sentiment more.

I don't due to the nature of the post, it's not baseless, if you did half of the looking at the earlier post on the wiki from another forum user you'd see none of the discord links use anything like PMA Sales or Kp does. I'm all for raid training groups but ban selling content clears.

It was bad enough people used to sell arah runs, which caused the average individual to struggle finding a group for Arah.

Edited by Dravvi.3146
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Dravvi.3146 said:

I don't due to the nature of the post, it's not baseless, if you did half of the looking at the earlier post on the wiki from another forum user you'd see none of the discord links use anything like PMA Sales or Kp does. I'm all for raid training groups but ban selling content clears.

It was bad enough people used to sell arah runs, which caused the average individual to struggle finding a group for Arah.

I have a hard time taking someone who says use of /wiki should be outlawed seriously.

Your opinion has zero value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

I have a hard time taking someone who says use of /wiki should be outlawed seriously.

Your opinion has zero value.

Sure let's spin it to disregard that I mention the wiki links are legit since they are direct to discord while KP and PMA are not, starting to sound like you are selling runs and just don't want them to ban it.

Edited by Dravvi.3146
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Dravvi.3146 said:

Sure let's spin it to disregard that I mention the wiki links are legit since they are direct to discord while KP and PMA are not, starting to sound like you are selling runs and just don't want them to ban it.

1,  Just yesterday you said /wiki should be outlawed.

2. /wiki has nothing to do with discord

3. You are attempting to throw shade on someone who doesn't raid as being a seller.

Tell us again... how much value do your posts have?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

1,  Just yesterday you said /wiki should be outlawed.

2. /wiki has nothing to do with discord

3. You are attempting to throw shade on someone who doesn't raid as being a seller.

Tell us again... how much value do your posts have?

7 hours ago, Dravvi.3146 said:

I don't due to the nature of the post, it's not baseless, if you did half of the looking at the earlier post on the wiki from another forum user you'd see "none of the discord links use anything like PMA Sales or Kp does"

Nothing saying the wiki should be outlawed, shall we spin more things to our liking?

Edited by Dravvi.3146
  • Confused 1

Why do you even care ? I got my legendary armor, I know that I can be proud of my achivments, I know I earned it, why should I care if two-finger pete bought a boost for his armor ? He knows he did not aquire it by his own skill, and that can never be changed, that’s enough satisfaction for me, could not care less.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dravvi.3146 said:

Nothing saying the wiki should be outlawed, shall we spin more things to our liking?

The main problem here seems to be:

You do not make it sound as though you even have the slightest clue of how even the most basic aspects of the internet or simple browsing work. Hence why should your argument carry any weight?

1. Discord is not the internet. You constantly refering to discord is distracting and mildly amusing at best, absolutely incorrect and ignorable at worst

2. Most of the sell listings which do not directly link to a discord use redirects to their discord, like the PMA one (which still makes this a link to a discord, just not an obvious one.  Easily checked by doing some elementary followup, aka typing in the link to see where it leads. The bare minimun one should do before accusing others of linking to RMT sites). This can have different reasons, many which don't have to nenefarious. Sometimes it's for convenience of using an easier to memorize link, sometimes to make sure the discord doesn't get bombarded by clueless people who are angry, etc.

3. The wiki has absolutely NOTHING to do with discord. In fact the wiki has also NOTHING to do with Arenanet. Just like most wikis, it's community managed (which doesn't prevent from developers adding to it, it's just not the only ones who can add to it).

You haven't yet established ANY basis that raid selling has anything to do with RMT. 

While I personally am not a fan of selling content from player A to B, it is allowed and has been for a long time, not only in raids. What I disagree with is this half backed slandering of other players/communities paired with clueless assumptions.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You haven't yet established ANY basis that raid selling has anything to do with RMT.

And even if it did, the suggestion that Arenanet needs to get rid of raid selling as a whole because some players in that niche are engaging in RMT would still be a gigantic overreach. Ban the players guilty of RMT and be done with it.

Giving OP the benefit of the doubt, this topic is still a blazing train wreck. Though I suppose that is fitting given that OP also thinks that they know how everyone ought to enjoy the game. Rarely have I seen something good coming from that mindset.

And something that so far has not been considered (at least I think so, there are 7 pages already): Say selling raid runs gets banned, are people who have sold raids in the past getting banned? Are people who have bought raids getting banned? According to OP they still have achievements that they haven't earned, so it would be unfair that they get to keep them while new players are no longer able to buy their way to these achievements. How are we solving that?

• Like 1

So a few points first:

• I want to join raids (in order of importance:)
  • 1. To enjoy the feeling of accomplishment for learning and successfully completing the raids.
  • 2. To achieve 100% masteries.
  • 3. To obtain legendary armor because I flip class, characters and builds often.

When I first joined GW2, I did see that there were groups selling raids. It did not stop me from wanting to join raids. My lack of skill did. Now that my skill is more acceptable, I've started my first steps towards starting raids (due to this thread actually!) I followed a suggestion to look for a guild for raids in the lfg. I did so. That guild was for more advanced players however and I was directed to a raid training discord. I followed up and joined. The same day I had a mentor meeting and now have a clear plan to go forward with and am following that up. Totally excited! I hope to begin my raid training within the next month. 🙂

What's my point here?  Whether raids can be bought or not, did not stop me from wanting to raid nor following up on that desire. My #1 reason for raiding is why.  I could care less what others are doing to accomplish raiding, but what I'm doing to accomplish it does matter.  

If someone loses desire to do raids because someone else is selling them, they weren't raiding for sustainable reasons to start with. 

So thanks for this silly thread! It got my butt in gear and I will be happily moving forward because of it. Cheers!

Edited by mossmere.9503
fixed spacing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4