Se6 is in the works or what?

zealex.9410

Well it will be different than PoF. 

With pof we had lots of GW:,nightfall areas to explore. It now seems we will get the entire factions map. So i'm curious what will come after. 

My guess is the human gods living story or a dominion of the winds based expansion (now that they have lots of tengu textures.)

On 11/9/2021 at 8:36 PM, mythical.6315 said:

Not really. It’s just something to keep players busy during the 10-month content drought until the expansion launches. 

Well i think @Luthan.5236 is right. In fact our character is reliving their memory inside the scrying pool and Taimi and Gorik are following the process. Gorik ofcourse has only been there since half of the story. Although its weird we only have a return to  living story release and not PoF and HoT. 

9 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Well i think @Luthan.5236 is right. In fact our character is reliving their memory inside the scrying pool and Taimi and Gorik are following the process. Gorik ofcourse has only been there since half of the story. Although its weird we only have a return to  living story release and not PoF and HoT. 

Based on what?  Nothing from the start indicated that we were viewing from the scrying pool. 

2 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Based on what?  Nothing from the start indicated that we were viewing from the scrying pool. 

It did say at start that lets relive your past expeirence so kinda indicate that your looking through the scrying pool like you did with forging steel mission dont it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I remember some dialogue from Taimi, asking us to remember what we've done so far. However, I don't remember any dialogue about using the Scrying Pool for it.

4 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

What did?  The blog outside of the game?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Return

<Character name>: Anything I can do to help?

Gorrik: We can always use more data to isolate commonalities among the Elder Dragons. Find a pattern. You've fought them for years, Commander. Inside your memories could be clues to the dragon cycle.

<Character name>: My memories?

Taimi: Ooh, do we get to poke around in the commander's head?

<Character name>: Leave my head alone.

Gorrik: I was thinking we use the scrying pool to help the commander relive the memories of these past years.

<Character name>: Hmm...

Taimi: That's ingenious, Gorrik.

<Character name>: She's not wrong.

Gorrik: Oh. Well. Thank you.

<Character name>: Time to relive some old memories, I guess.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

So i'm curious what will come after. 

My guess is the human gods living story or a dominion of the winds based expansion (now that they have lots of tengu textures.)

As much as I love both ideas, I have my doubts. The devs are moving further and further into futuristic terrain, so I am afraid future content will not deal with any classic themes. 😕

I hope they will prove me wrong, though! 😃

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The devs are moving further and further into futuristic terrain....

After EOD, we will return to the Black Citadel to find it has become a neon drenched dystopia run by a megacorporation made up of Asura and Charr technologists who have developed military grade cybernetic implants and tapped into The Mists, transforming them into a computing network where the wealthy live out their wildest fantasies.

The shattered pieces of Aurene, who sacrificed herself to restore balance to magic at the end of EOD, have become the hottest street commodity. This is because her crystal shards are capable of holding vast quantities of data and when ground into fine powder and inhaled give the user prescient visions.

Sorry for the spoilers, but now you can say you heard it first.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/11/2021 at 4:27 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

I really can’t imagine there isn’t some work that has been done in post-EOD content. With only a couple months to release, it may be crunch time right now with everyone pouring into polishing EOD, but there surely has been groundwork done for future content. Production pipelines aren’t so fast that they can wait for something to be fully released before starting the next thing.

As we already know, because they did mention this in the past) a production cycle for a single LS episode is around 9 months long. They were able to have much shorter intervals between episodes earlier only because they were running 3 to 4 parralel pipelines. And they were able to seamlessly transition from LS3 to PoF to LS4 only because they've had several LS teams and an expansion team at that time. Unfortunately, they seemed to "displace" a lot of devs to other projects, leaving them only with few LS teams at the time they started doing IBS. And since they started working at EoD, it has become clear very fast, that the dev power they have remaining for non-EoD related stuff is not enough for even a single fully-staffed LS pipeline, much less 2, 3 or 4. So, it is unlikely they will be able to start any more serious work on LS6 until after all the work for EoD is done.

Thus, personally i would not expect any LS content until at lest half a year after expansion. Probably longer, especially if we want to avoid a repeat of the Champions episode "quality" level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1