Forest Archer Pack <3 [Merged]

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes yes, people keep saying that each and every single time, but it is simply not true (I have all armor skins unlocked).

The exact cut as well as all the beautiful details - there is no medium armor of such high quality and appeal in the game. Most have weird cuts, e.g. with super high tight collars, and lack a love for detail (or have weird adornments like throwing blades), that I don't consider good at all.

I consider the Triumphant Hero's Brigandine mixed with a variety of other pieces to be of higher quality, more appealing, have better details, than the picture linked above. Of course the exact cut isn't the same, but the person you are responding to didn't claim exact cut.

All of that said, more armor that isn't another long coat would be appreciated.

• Like 1

This is the cape I've been waiting for. 😍 I love it so much! Off to cosplay Ranger's Apprentice now...

On a serious note, I love the length - finally something long enough that looks like an actual cape. The details are beautiful: not too flashy, not too ornate, just very simple and elegant. And the fact that there's three versions - quiver, cape, quiver and cape - is just perfect. (The quiver, too, is beautifully simple and elegant.)

I echo someone's earlier suggestion - could we have a cape this length made of leaves or other plant material next? 😄 No sparklies, no flashy visual effects, just simple leaves for our sylvari...

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I consider the Triumphant Hero's Brigandine mixed with a variety of other pieces to be of higher quality, more appealing, have better details, than the picture linked above.

*cough* Optician. *cough*

Fun aside, that's a perfect example of what I previously referred to as a weird cut and design with super weird adornments, but everyone their own, I guess. 😉

20 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

This is the cape I've been waiting for. 😍 I love it so much!

👍

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

*cough* Optician. *cough*

Fun aside, that's a perfect example of what I previously referred to as a weird cut and design with super weird adornments, but everyone their own, I guess. 😉

👍

See, the picture linked above meets my definition of weird. So badly designed in terms of coverage, protective value, and general utility. It makes me wonder if the person wearing it is going to a costume ball....or is just foolish, rather than interested in protective gear. Then there are its cosmetic failings.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Then there are its cosmetic failings.

You mean in your example? In which case I agree.😄

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

So badly designed in terms of coverage, protective value, and general utility. It makes me wonder if the person wearing it is going to a costume ball....

You mean, unlike all of the armor sets and outfits for female characters? :classic_rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Just what we needed in WvW...another reason for people to bring their pew-pew rangers...😉

Oops!

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Jables.4659 said:

Capes in GW2 tend to work best with shoulder skins that hide the part where the cape connects to you.  The new cape is considerably wider at the top (something a lot of players have been asking for), so shoulder skins that worked well with the other capes won't necessarily work well with this one.  

No argument there.  It just doesn't appeal to me, created in this way.  Glad others are enjoying it, though.

16 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes yes, people keep saying that each and every single time, but it is simply not true (I have all armor skins unlocked).

The exact cut as well as all the beautiful details - there is no medium armor of such high quality and appeal in the game. Most have weird cuts, e.g. with super high tight collars, and lack a love for detail (or have weird adornments like throwing blades), that I don't consider good at all.

Actually the point to the comment of mine that your quoting was to dispel the claim by the previous commenter that Anet wouldn't make anything like the armor style you suggested.

• Like 1

Everything is great about this pack and I appreciated having good artwork that works well with dye and goes with other items mostly appropriately except the length. I'm not even mad about not having a no hood option. I think it could have some opacity though (like a slightly worn through look) with a tapered and tattered edge or just slightly worn for people who still want a mostly clean look, maybe starting about half way down and fading to the edge. It would give an awesome silhouette from behind at different angles if it showed some of your characters stance and armor/clothing along with stowed side weapons if you think of them as part of your profile. 

Edited by kash.9213

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, Lyssia.4637 said:

Not only is the cape awesome in detail, a great "classic" look that, at least in my opinion, can be used by all classes well, but extra, extra 💖and 🍻 for making all three variations free to apply.  That is just downright AWESOME of you, Anet!!!

No longer free to apply after latest patch ;-;

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Bvallin.4931 said:

No longer free to apply after latest patch ;-;

What are you talking about?

The person you quoted meant that, once you buy the cape combo, all three variants are included for free in the bundle - you can use the respective skin instead of just unlocking them and then having to use a Transmutation Charge to apply it.

Has that been changed when you buy the bundle now? :classic_huh:

P.S. The person you quoted did not mean that it was endlessly free to apply. The skins included in the bundle are single-use, like all skins. After that, you always require Transmutation Charges.

Edited by Ashantara.8731

13 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

P.S. The person you quoted did not mean that it was endlessly free to apply. The skins included in the bundle are single-use, like all skins. After that, you always require Transmutation Charges.

It was, in fact, endlessly free to apply. That was the bug that has since been fixed.

4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Oh, really? Wow, I didn't notice because I own only legendary gear.

What a great bug though for a change! 😆 Too bad they fixed it. 😉

I know, right? RIP free archer cape transmutes, I will remember you fondly 😔🙏

(I still wish they'd change all "account-bound on acquire" skin items that automatically unlock to grant a transmute charge if you choose to store them in the wardrobe, like they did with the Exalted sniping bow, so you don't have to keep the actual item if you want to use it once without spending transmute charges... but that's neither here nor there.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mikansei.5742 said:

It was, in fact, endlessly free to apply. That was the bug that has since been fixed.

Indeed I did I mean the bug, although I didn't realize it was a bug; there have been a couple of capes they've left free to apply for a while (and I think one of them still is).  To be clearer still, I thought it was quite generous of them to let us apply any of the three variations for free, even if only for a limited time, since it allowed a free quiver skin.  And I stand by what I said; if it wasn't a bug, it was a generous gesture and a good way to build good will, and the fact that it was "only"... what, four weeks or so? doesn't change that.  And if it was a bug, it was nice of them to take a leisurely amount of time to fix it.  😉

Edit: Though, come to think of it, I do also mean that they packaged all three skins together without raising the price.  That also was generous and I really appreciate that, too! 😊

Edited by Lyssia.4637
  • Like 1