(Updated) sPvP Tier list from the perspective of a Plat 1 Tail Swipe abuser

Arklite.4013

Tier list can be found here

Hey again everyone! After playing a bunch more sPvP and taking all the feedback into account that I got on the last post, I'm back with another tier list.

The usual disclaimer about how tier lists are meaningless and this is just for fun, blah blah blah. Overall I ended up with a very large A tier, which I think means the game is generally in an okay place (aside from the major offenders like Necro and DD) in terms of class viability. I didn't bother putting anything in D and E tier because I don't feel like anything is THAT bad that there is such a significant gap in performance when piloted by equally skilled players.

See something you disagree with? Let me know! I'm interested in hearing everyone's feedback. Cheers!

Edited by Arklite.4013
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good list overall I'd say. But Mirage definately has to be in A tier. It's a monkey tier class in terms of how it plays, but pumps out loads of condi's while being hard to kill due to visual clutter, stealth, invuln and evade spam. It is one of the only classes that I often try to avoid doing 1v1's with because the amount of cleanse needed to trade with one is something not all builds have. Even if you dodge their shatters, they regen clones so quickly that it is just a matter of time before you're condi bombed again. Now I wouldn't have a problem with this if they were easy to kill, but frankly (although somewhat dependant on their build) they aren't, especially when they run carrion.

Edited by Koensol.5860
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Arklite.4013 said:

Hey again everyone! After playing a bunch more sPvP and taking all the feedback into account that I got on the last post, I'm back with another tier list.

The usual disclaimer about how tier lists are meaningless and this is just for fun, blah blah blah. Overall I ended up with a very large A tier, which I think means the game is generally in an okay place (aside from the major offenders like Necro and DD) in terms of class viability. I didn't bother putting anything in D and E tier because I don't feel like anything is THAT bad that there is such a significant gap in performance when piloted by equally skilled players.

See something you disagree with? Let me know! I'm interested in hearing everyone's feedback. Cheers!

If you want to make a true list, you should at least tried all the classes you listed as S and A or maybe B.

For example, the best side noder is still core ranger, only loosing to weaver. Supp guard is still in 90% of MAT top 8-16 teams. SB is second tier, wonder which spec, supp or normal strength...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

Good list overall I'd say. But Mirage definately has to be in A tier. It's a monkey tier class in terms of how it plays, but pumps out loads of condi's while being hard to kill due to visual clutter, stealth, invuln and evade spam. It is one of the only classes that I often try to avoid doing 1v1's with because the amount of cleanse needed to trade with one is something not all builds have. Even if you dodge their shatters, they regen clones so quickly that it is just a matter of time before you're condi bombed again. Now I wouldn't have a problem with this if they were easy to kill, but frankly (although somewhat dependant on their build) they aren't, especially when they run carrion.

lol, mirage is one of the hardest playable builds in the " meta ".
main reason people struggle against it is because you counter mirage differently then other classes/builds, so people just simply have no idea how to play against one, all you should need to at the very least survive is 1 strong cleanse in case you get jumped, the rest is just playing properly.
Their sustain, both in damage and in healing is one of the worst out there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

If you want to make a true list, you should at least tried all the classes you listed as S and A or maybe B.

For example, the best side noder is still core ranger, only loosing to weaver. Supp guard is still in 90% of MAT top 8-16 teams. SB is second tier, wonder which spec, supp or normal strength...

IMO his tier is valid, there is some changes I would personally make but its a matter of opinion at this point, it doesnt make much difference if a core guard is in A+ or S tier, or if renegade is B+ or A-.
As for core ranger, yes it rocks on side-node, but its fairly bad after the 1v1 ends, it just doesnt provide much in larger fights as its exceptionally  easy to avoid/ignore it.
Things like holo/herald end up S tier because they are not only the best ones in their roles but ALSO stupidly good at other roles at the same time. Holo can 1v1 well, escape 1vX, or XvX teamfights. Its very good at both peopling for his team and chasing enemies down. 

• Confused 1

Idk man the tierlist is good but for Real Ranger and scourge used to be S tier. Warrior isnt even near as good as Ranger and i mean not even close as good.

( comes from a warr but also Ranger player) and scourges live pretty long even if you Fail every Single skill and dodge. The rest is simply as i would rank them too on so gj on that. 😀

6 hours ago, Arklite.4013 said:

This is one if not the most balance tier list ive seen. Good job of putting logic into it ( you be suprise how rare that is here lol)

12 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

IMO his tier is valid, there is some changes I would personally make but its a matter of opinion at this point, it doesnt make much difference if a core guard is in A+ or S tier, or if renegade is B+ or A-.
As for core ranger, yes it rocks on side-node, but its fairly bad after the 1v1 ends, it just doesnt provide much in larger fights as its exceptionally  easy to avoid/ignore it.
Things like holo/herald end up S tier because they are not only the best ones in their roles but ALSO stupidly good at other roles at the same time. Holo can 1v1 well, escape 1vX, or XvX teamfights. Its very good at both peopling for his team and chasing enemies down. 

mate you make interesting statements. For example, mirage is hard to play... And holo can 1v1 well... But you are entitled to your opinions...

Edited by Crozame.4098
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crozame.4098 said:

mate you make interesting statements. For example, mirage is hard to play... And holo can 1v1 well... But you are entitled to your opinions...

lol, there is a reason why holo was a meta side-noder since feb patch, since then it got nerfed repeatedly but its still very strong.
In fact nades holo is abnormally strong sidenoder for a build that is not supposed to be one

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 11/20/2021 at 12:04 AM, Arklite.4013 said:

I can tolerate that tier list, though I chafe at Daredevil being S when the only thing keeping it there is that people need it to run across the map real quick. I'd put in A because being a glorified decap bot isn't worth that position, but I'm sure people hate fighting it anyway so whatever.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

On 11/20/2021 at 12:04 AM, Arklite.4013 said:

This is much better you have learned.

10 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

lol, there is a reason why holo was a meta side-noder since feb patch, since then it got nerfed repeatedly but its still very strong.
In fact nades holo is abnormally strong sidenoder for a build that is not supposed to be one

You meant prot holo? Its funny to think that nade holo is meta side noder, even prior to nerf... And more importantly, we are talking about the tier list based on current balance?

Now, many more are nade holo, which is very bad at side noding, because, as I mentioned in another post, it cannot hold the cap. 

Edited by Crozame.4098

51 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

You meant prot holo? Its funny to think that nade holo is meta side noder, even prior to nerf... And more importantly, we are talking about the tier list based on current balance?

Now, many more are nade holo, which is very bad at side noding, because, as I mentioned in another post, it cannot hold the cap. 

nades holo was meta everything before nerfs
as for after the nerfs, its just easy damage on the class, and its still kittening good on side-node, despite NOT being build for the job, if you play right you can hold against other side-noders, same as herald can. OBV you are at a disadvantage but you CAN fill the role in a pinch. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

as for after the nerfs, its just easy damage on the class, and its still kittening good on side-node, despite NOT being build for the job, if you play right you can hold against other side-noders, same as herald can. OBV you are at a disadvantage but you CAN fill the role in a pinch. 

Exacly why we can see some teams picking Holo rather than dedicated sidenoder (e.g. Ranger).

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Go watch some of benzo's recent streams. Check how he must kite around and give up node to create space to spam nades...

Try it. See how it fights 1v1 into the meta ranger / weaver / core necro / thief / Strength war / crev / even mirage, espeically trying NOT to give up node.

9 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Go watch some of benzo's recent streams. Check how he must kite around and give up node to create space to spam nades...

Try it. See how it fights 1v1 into the meta ranger / weaver / core necro / thief / Strength war / crev / even mirage, espeically trying NOT to give up node.

nobody buy you mention anything about holding a node

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

what is the role of a side noder? Is it a very good side noder if it needs to give up cap everytime anyone pushes it?

its not bad if it gives up a node, to apply enough pressure to push a side-noder away too, if you can equalize enemy node and then walk away its a win. and as I said, its not a side noder, it just happened to be strong enough to be have a chance.
Imagine if something like thief or reaper could do that. It cant hold the node infinitely but it can stall long enough for your real sidenoder to arrive and either help secure the kill, or a node and then go back to its intended role, most other roamers / team-fighters cant really do that well.

2 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

its not bad if it gives up a node, to apply enough pressure to push a side-noder away too, if you can equalize enemy node and then walk away its a win. and as I said, its not a side noder, it just happened to be strong enough to be have a chance.
Imagine if something like thief or reaper could do that. It cant hold the node infinitely but it can stall long enough for your real sidenoder to arrive and either help secure the kill, or a node and then go back to its intended role, most other roamers / team-fighters cant really do that well.

It is quite strong in sidenoding for a roamer build, on skyhammer it is pretty hard to avoid the nades because there is not kite spot that does save you from than. But It is not as good for sidenoding as a real sidenoder

11 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

It is quite strong in sidenoding for a roamer build, on skyhammer it is pretty hard to avoid the nades because there is not kite spot that does save you from than. But It is not as good for sidenoding as a real sidenoder

yep, its what I was trying to explain. most teamfighters or roamers struggle in 1v1, most 1v1 struggles in team-fights.
holo and rev are the usual exceptions to this rule