EoD Siege Turtle Mount to WvW

Xenesis.6389

EoD Siege Turtle Mount  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should they add the Siege Turtle to WvW?

• Yes add it, take my money!
    • No, just no, never, go away, nooooooo!

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

From me, yes would prefer more tools in the toolkit so that fights stay fresh with new ways of fighting and new tactics to be tried and used.

Exactly my point, I dont know why ppl are so against new things, we have been complaining about how ANET doesnt give a kitten about wvw, and the moment, they add new things, omfg! the hate goes on and on; about the mount, about the glider, well that is warfare, you embrace the changes and you adapt your warfare to be more efficient.

TBH at this point, you dont need more "balance" on characters, bc thats not the main issue on wvw, the thing is, (and lets be blunt on this note) the blobier team wins, thats a fact, blobs of 40-50 facing teams of 15-20. And those are the ones complaining about "new stuff" on wvw, I mean, we dont even have it yet and they are complaining xD

Lets get more content to wvw, more ways to play it, more strategies to develop, embrace the changes and evolve to be better players/guilds/alliances, dont be freaking lazy and use that brain to develop new builds, new play stiles, etc... 

And in that note I still think turtle would be a great add on for wvw, and as i said before, it has to have some specific mechanics and limitations, not as a mount thats for sure, but it has so much potential in wvw as a siege unit. If we have charr cars, why not having a freaking turtle?!

1 minute ago, gracoslp.2493 said:

TBH at this point, you dont need more "balance" on characters, bc thats not the main issue on wvw

Maybe not for you, but it is for me, it's a number one issue always because 90% of wvw is about fighting with 10% for afking, repairing a wall, or build useless siege. Fighting broken boon balls, or broken op specs is not fun, and stuff like that should always be tweaked and balanced and a priority especially for a pvp setting.

If we have charr cars, why not having a freaking turtle?!

Char cars that require you to hold a camp for 10 mins, with 2 mins to install, and 20 min cooldown, then it lasts for 15 mins and limited to one person. Freaking turtle mount on everyone at the push of a button, see the difference yet?

Like the warclaw it shouldn't replace any of the current siege, nor should it have any power to kill stuff off walls like the stupid kitten no line of sight ranger aoe, or the speed of the warclaw.

But don't worry you will get your wish, because knowing anet, they will implement it in wvw just for the skin sales, and they'll make it better than siege and move just as fast as the warclaw to make it mandatory to get the expansion, just like they did with warclaw and PoF.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I get your points, but balance on classes is not the main issue, the main issue (at least from my POV) is the ammount of players grouped on 2 or 3 servers (which is gonna be addressed with the alliances) for small servers there is no way to fight against blobs, simply bc we dont have the numbers, everyone wants to be on the winning teams (servers) and so everyone xfers to servers with high population, and for the new players is a huge struggle to try to roam or learn how to wvw, bc they encounter with blobs killing em over and over. Im not saying that classes balance is not needed, what I say is that I dont think balancing is the main issue.

As for the charr car / turtle comparison, I do use the charr car when needed, and as i said, i dont think turtle as mount would be the best choice, i was suggesting it applied as siege unit, or tacti, and somewhere i read it would be good too if it interacted too with the turtle banner, thing is, yeah as mount im not agreeing with, bc it will be too easy to have it just by pressing "mount" button, thats why I think maybe as siege unit or tacti, and maybe forcing 2 ppl to use it, that way your squad will have 2 less ppl, and you will have to adapt, tell specific guys on your squad to use the turtle, etc... so yeah I agree on the point of not being deployed as mount, but still think that it has so much potential into wvw.

And finally, i really really hope it wont be deployed as mount, but as you said, anet will deploy it as mount just to sell skins, but I still have faith on not being a mount for wvw xD (we have a saying here, "La esperanza muere al ultimo" which will translate on something like, Hopes are the last thing to die) but i may not get my wish and maybe we get a new turtle mount on wvw xD

At first I thought adding the siege turtle to WvW would a great thing...but then I thought about our community-at-large, and I can already picture this scenario:

5-10 defenders in Hills mounted up on siege turtles roaming back and forth along the outer walls clearing all the attackers' siege in a matter of seconds with those cannons. 

And certainly Anet could make modifications to the existing model, but given Anet's record of "balancing" things, do you really want to trust them to "balance" the siege turtle?

Siege Turtle in WvW  .... hmmm....🤔

Big, sloooow-moving, must be operated by 2 people, big supply cost (must be zerg-built), guild-scribed blueprint only, attackable (but high health pool), big dmg on doors/walls.

I just had visions of it drawing zerg to kill it, needing zerg to defend it, ending in big open world fight, or lose SM/keep!  *chuckle chuckle*. I mean, if you can get the thing to the structure, it should be worth defending it all the way there.

1) Tested the beta turtle, It walks straight into underwater, does that means you do not need to train it to go underwater like the stingray mount?, also YaY Underwater combat only mount? (speculation) 

2) The most important thing I immediately see is this: 
Riding the turtle alone = no damage except the #1 key, need a second rider to have battle ability.
Which means if you use1 turtle you will have minus 1 fighter on the ground.  so if a squad of 50 all uses the turtle mount, your squad will become a 25 turtle squad, doesn't look like there's any heal skill for the turtle either. (not sure about the heal) 

3) Second things I had to consider is the animation for the turtle might cause a bit of a problem for laggy players. (IE me). 

4) Where the hell am I going to find my second rider if I am a solo player in WvW?  so this is a bit far fetch, but battle ready for single player in WvW with turtle Mount please!

Would be absolutely lame if I have to "Looking for turtle rider please" wait for an hour without respond,  I had to logs out cos making lunch ..... Siege Turtle will turn into a mount only if you are not solo player (reminding Anet what they said about this game being "you can solo the entire game" claim) 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456

48 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

(reminding Anet what they said about this game being "you can solo the entire game" claim) 

Are you implying that you should be able to take down a door and/or wall, kill all the guards, kill the lord and cap that T3 keep solo while never dismounting or the game is broken?

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Haha 1

WvW is a game mode where multiple parts need to be in balance. There needs to be a balance between defense and offense, a balance between the classes, a balance between roaming and blobbing,... I am in general not against changes in this balance but the changes must rather improve than disturb the balance.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:17 PM, Gorani.7205 said:

I fear, that the very vocal minority on the forums, that "just wants fights" (on open fields, where structures are a big nuisance and siege is bad, if you use it) will campaign against the implementation of the Siege Turtle in all over the forums, because it will be "even worse than the Warclaw".

That vocal minority just want a flatland, not wvw really,

I have lost all faith in Anet at this point with regard to wvw.

They don't want anyone defending, they would rather everyone stack so that in each match, there is one giant, ktrain powerhouse, and a handful of people on the other 2 servers so it looks like the attackers did something great (defeated an enemy).

I imagine if they add siege turtles to wvw, it will be something that requires the mystic toilet in SMC to make, that way only the blob has them.  Surprised they haven't just made every match a blob vs just npcs on the other 2 sides, because that's all the blobs are really getting to fight, as they go door to door fighting 5 guys with 40-70.

• Like 1