The siege turtle looks cool but is it enough?

I was amazed by the siege turtle! I usually play together with my wife so it is great for me but...
Is there all that there is? I mean it's a cool mount but we got the skyscale without an expansion and everybody knows that nothing beats the skyscale.
Trye you can have fun attacking and I hope the siege turtle becomes an important part of how you play EoD but I'm worried it will not since it will be appreciated only by the people like me that have one other party companion that always shows up.
Playing with the turtle also didn't feel it compared to all the options the main mounts from Pof give, and counting that other than this they showed the skiffs and fishing it totally feels too little as a selling point...
What are your thoughts?
I personally really hope that the story, maps and gameplay in EoD are huge and reeeally well done at this point otherwise I'm not sure I'll enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like the siege turtle is a nice bonus. I primarliy want new maps and  stories to explore. From what I've seen I'll totally get my $30 worth of that.

I hope every person who says they don't play regularly with someone will open up to inviting others to ride along.

Perhaps a system and culture will be developed on how everyone gets paired up on turtles before a given event, kind of like how guilds have developed a system for getting people taxied in and grouped for Triple Trouble.

I play solo a lot as well, but some of the best moments in game are when I stop to have a conversation with someone nearby, or join in to help someone struggling with something, or ask for help myself and people oblige.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

They’ll be something that’ll be fun to play around with at first but that’ll fade fairly quickly and even quicker for solo players.  Unfortunately, unlike for the skyscale, none of the masteries will address the reasons many will abandon the siege turtle. 

Edited by mythical.6315

3 hours ago, babak.3654 said:

I don’t see them being especially relevant unless there is content that requires them. Generally speaking in open world meta events and bosses, it’s going to be more effective to use your character abilities. 

This. Why confine yourself to a slow moving mount to do damage while you can do more damage unmounted; let alone with 2 players.  Has anyone tested what the Slam does to a breakbar of for instance a Champion Bounty in PoF?  If it eats up a huge chunk of that I can see some use for it at the start of the fight and for players just joining in. But still very situational at best.  Even if you are the best of game-buddies, I just do not see people teaming up for long on this mount to do very mediocre damage and move around at snail-pace.

• Confused 1

That HP in the Desert Highlands, the veteran dust tornado thingee -- I almost clobbered it with the turtle, just repeatedly jetting up and smashing down. I was dismounted before I could finish it off, sure, but the tornado only had a teensy little bit of whirl left at that point. So. Turtle power!

4 hours ago, Tyncale.1629 said:

This. Why confine yourself to a slow moving mount to do damage while you can do more damage unmounted; let alone with 2 players.  Has anyone tested what the Slam does to a breakbar of for instance a Champion Bounty in PoF?  If it eats up a huge chunk of that I can see some use for it at the start of the fight and for players just joining in. But still very situational at best.  Even if you are the best of game-buddies, I just do not see people teaming up for long on this mount to do very mediocre damage and move around at snail-pace.

It basically suffers the same problems as crew vehicles in most games where they're available. Easier target for enemies to focus on, less overall dps and multiple people can do better with almost anything else at their disposal.

Comparisons to games like GTA:Online,Planetside 2 or Elite Dangerous come to mind, where you can have a few people in a crewed vehicle using turrets, but it's almost always better for group performance to have them playing in some solo vehicles instead.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tyncale.1629 said:

I see either of you have not run arcdps in open world, Id say 60% of the people will have higher dps in the turtle.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1