Sometimes just try it...

Joxer.6024

Ok, so if i listened to the feedback in here I would think Mesmer (Mirage actually) sucked but I decided f it and made one anyways. OMG! Condi Mirage so kitten much fun! Mobs just melt and its just so interactive, its nuts.

Now, I have a way to go for sure to get better but thus far I am loving it, why did I not roll Mesmer years ago? SIlly me.

Anyways, for those doubters just try it, you might be surprised. For the hardcore long time mains...yea, we all get upset when Devs mess with your stuff.  😉

Edited by Joxer.6024
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

Not quite sure this is the right forum to invite people to try mirage...

But I'm glad you liked it 😊 

yea not meant so much as invite but more of a just give it go.....but thats the same thing aint it....lol, ah well.  

I felt the same way although my reasons for not making it were not forums related. Anyways Mirage is actually really good for condi DPS, and the ambush skills do make all the weapons feel a little more unique. I do find myself bound to axe and staff for best though, which is a little let down but nothing major.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone has a problem with Mirage or even Chrono in Open World PvE. You can pretty much play any class and any build in Open World PvE and it'll be fine... 

But when you start digging a bit deeper and into competitive game modes, it starts falling apart.

And that's what people are discussing when they're discussing the flaws and what mess Anet made when they took all our stuff.

But yeah, if you just want to play it in Open World, it's ok.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I don't think anyone has a problem with Mirage or even Chrono in Open World PvE. You can pretty much play any class and any build in Open World PvE and it'll be fine... 

But when you start digging a bit deeper and into competitive game modes, it starts falling apart.

And that's what people are discussing when they're discussing the flaws and what mess Anet made when they took all our stuff.

But yeah, if you just want to play it in Open World, it's ok.

I mean I do raid, or used too, so will see how I go. Apparently its decent there as well.  😉

13 hours ago, Joxer.6024 said:

Ok, so if i listened to the feedback in here I would think Mesmer (Mirage actually) sucked but I decided f it and made one anyways. OMG! Condi Mirage so kitten much fun! Mobs just melt and its just so interactive, its nuts.

Now, I have a way to go for sure to get better but thus far I am loving it, why did I not roll Mesmer years ago? SIlly me.

Anyways, for those doubters just try it, you might be surprised. For the hardcore long time mains...yea, we all get upset when Devs mess with your stuff.  😉

I dont think any of us would ever say that condi mirage is NOT fun in pve, its super fun.
And its also decently strong, it kind off falls off in fractals tho. But other then that its a very solid, strong pve spec.
its pvp/wvw where it sucks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Most of the complaints the forum has (and boy there are a lot of those) are in regards to PVP and WvW.  When it comes to PVE I'd argue mesmer is right next to guardian for the best profession in the game:

Pros:

Most versatile toolbox in the game.

Self-buffs with a lot of quickness, alacrity, might, fury, vigor.

Good at group buffing (particularly quickness, alacrity stability).

Capable of engaging effectively at ranges 0 through 1200.

Can use either stealth and mobility to avoid enemies, or blocks with invulnerability to tank them.

Great CC in both quality and defiance bar damage.

Can run power, condi, buff, tank, and tank + heal builds.

Cons:

Phantasms have a ramp up to do damage

DPS rotations are complicated

Clones can be inconsistent.  

There's some good reasons why Mesmer is my default raid profession.

Edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Most of the complaints the forum has (and boy there are a lot of those) are in regards to PVP and WvW.  When it comes to PVE I'd argue mesmer is right next to guardian for the best profession in the game:

Pros:

Most versatile toolbox in the game.

Self-buffs with a lot of quickness, alacrity, might, fury, vigor.

Good at group buffing (particularly quickness, alacrity stability).

Capable of engaging effectively at ranges 0 through 1200.

Can use either stealth and mobility to avoid enemies, or blocks with invulnerability to tank them.

Great CC in both quality and defiance bar damage.

Can run power, condi, buff, tank, and tank + heal builds.

Cons:

Phantasms have a ramp up to do damage

DPS rotations are complicated

Clones can be inconsistent.  

There's some good reasons why Mesmer is my default raid profession.

Glad i rolled one but now I must ask, should i bother unlocking Chrono? Or will Mirage be enough, for raids and such....maybe some WvW someday?

57 minutes ago, Joxer.6024 said:

Glad i rolled one but now I must ask, should i bother unlocking Chrono? Or will Mirage be enough, for raids and such....maybe some WvW someday?

Chrono is worth it.  Mirage is good for some raid bosses and for WvW roaming.  The main strengths that Chrono unlocks are group quickness (Seize the Moment), high power burst damage via continuum split, the shield for tanking, and also a 25% passive movement buff.  Continuum split is really strong, because it lets you double up on everything.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Chrono is worth it.  Mirage is good for some raid bosses and for WvW roaming.  The main strengths that Chrono unlocks are group quickness (Seize the Moment), high power burst damage via continuum split, the shield for tanking, and also a 25% passive movement buff.  Continuum split is really strong, because it lets you double up on everything.  

But, how hard is it to play, coming from a 60 yr old with fat as fingers...lol  😉

13 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I will also agree it is amazing pve but pvp it is a pain. The one dodge thing is fine since its a bit op the main problem is it plays like a thief and generally are a bit useless in team fights.

Why are you even commenting on PvP if you clearly said you have no experience with it just stop making yourself look like a fool.

Mesmer and Thief roles are not meant for teamfights but for decap/roaming purposes. The only reason why Mirage had "potential" team fight was because of ambush GS. With IH it allowed massive multi pressure. 

Just stop.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Joxer.6024 said:

But, how hard is it to play, coming from a 60 yr old with fat as fingers...lol  😉

Playing chrono is pretty easy.  Playing it well, however, is actually pretty difficult.  The main difficulty is learning the continuum split rotation.  In theory it is pretty simple, but in practice you might have to float your hands or use the mouse to press some far-off skills.  You have to mash every relevant skill while continuum split is up, while also using every other shatter skill.  

• Thanks 1

I tried it once on a krait champion. I was on full signet Mirage. Someone asked for help in map chat to kill it while I was map completing, 2 of us waited for 3 minutes for other people to come, I got bored and started the fight. The tagged guy stopped me and said we can't kill it, I ask why while pressing just auto attack, the champ died before he even finished typing his reply.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Why are you even commenting on PvP if you clearly said you have no experience with it just stop making yourself look like a fool.

Mesmer and Thief roles are not meant for teamfights but for decap/roaming purposes. The only reason why Mirage had "potential" team fight was because of ambush GS. With IH it allowed massive multi pressure. 

Just stop.

Dude I know hense why I don't like it in pvp

• Confused 4