peple are misusing the confused smiley

its getting obnoxious and I WANT it to stop. they have no right to abuse the system like this, there should be action. its essentially a downvote and all i can handle is positive reinforcement. youtube is right, censor criticism so only positive feedback remains which leads to positive discussion. negative is bad.

or just bring back the downvote option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 48

It's getting silly that people keep tiptoeing around the downvote option. Either take away the confused and sad emojis so that only fluffy happy positivity remains, or give us an actual downvote. Why not? I've yet to see an actual decent argument for not having a downvote option (saying "but people could abuse it to harass people!" doesn't count - you think they can't do that with a confused emoji already? I've had that happen to me a few times; it's a tad annoying to turn off notifications for a while until the 'someone reacted to your post' stops flooding in, but utterly harmless).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

It will be hard but people will work through their emotions about the confused smiley and someday, perhaps when they’re 80 or 90, they’ll realize it’s very minor and that they can’t even remember which posts of theirs got one.

I'll remember.

Because almost every single post I make has at least one. Usually just one, but at least that one. It's become a comfort to me. Like the smell of my coffee in the morning, or the feel of my pillow at night.

Reliable, faithful, confused smiley, you are my rock.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

We have had a couple of these threads by now. It is important to show the matter is still not settled, else they think they can leave it as it is. It is the discussion forum of a kitten MMORPG and this is the 5th? topic in the main-board about it. Same situation as with the sub-boards, ignoring an issue does not make it go away. It will re-appear over and over. 

Isn't it quite annoying to get the main-board bloated with something 100 % not-game-related repeatedly? This thread may continue for multiple pages, over the cause of several days, again. 

-

From my perspective, this is not a problem of the new board alone. There have already been more aggressive tendencies among the forum community. The old Helpful-emoji, which has been torch in the darkness for many players, seeking the useful content of a thread, slowly turned into an unofficial down-vote option. Certain users rather used offensive, insulting and threatening comments and received Helpful for those things. Cannot downvote something you disagree with, so you give a Helpful to a user who attacks it. That is not helpful, that is just annoying. Before that shift, you were able to filter a thread by the Helpful emoji and actually learn something new in most cases. 

So if we would switch to a positive-only-system again, the aggressiveness within the writing may increase again. Which would then lead to a greater need of supervision and moderation. 

-

I would rather like to have the board focused on the game itself, even if it means more heated discussions. We are humans, dealing with conflicts belongs to our existence. And this is a discussion-board after all, the best place to discuss different opinions. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Isn't it quite annoying to get the main-board bloated with something 100 % not-game-related repeatedly? This thread may continue for multiple pages, over the cause of several days, again. 

Well, they could agressively sweep it into the QOL improvement mega-thread. That seems to be quite an effective way to kill a discussion. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3