EoD Legendaries: Remove Account Bound for Gen 2 weapons.

Because the Gen2 model is the best, and going back to the TP availability is a regression

obviously I am not ANet, so I have no real say in whether this goes in or not, but I will still be vocal about it- legendaries should be account bound. The first few in Gen2 had the perfect balance of account bound accomplishment requirement to gold sink ratio, and having those four (I think it was four? HOPE, Astralaria, Nevermore, and Chuka and Champawat, right?) is the real prestige items. Not an rng winner, but someone who completed all the maps of the expansion, a lore based quest, and a large gold sink showed dedication.

so yeah- again, I realize I don’t really have the say here, but hard no for me 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

On 12/24/2021 at 10:11 PM, obie.6017 said:

I am not here to right previous wrongs in your eyes - just hoping for some consistency.

Consistency? All other legendary items besides gen1 are account bound (meaning the inconsistency started way way back). Consistency would have been to make gen 3 account bound.

What you are in fact asking for as you put it:"right of previous wrongs". You are literally asking for the developers to go all the way back to pre all legendary items post gen1 (all armor, rings, backpacks, gen 2 weapons, accessories, amulets, runes and sigils) , then to revert the decision to make all of them account bound, to end up with trade able gen 2 weapons.

You aren't asking for consistency, you are asking for inconsistency and/or the "righting of previous wrongs" before the majority of legendary gear was introduced to the game, quite literally.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 8:27 PM, Cyninja.2954 said:

Consistency? All other legendary items besides gen1 are account bound (meaning the inconsistency started way way back). Consistency would have been to make gen 3 account bound.

What you are in fact asking for as you put it:"right of previous wrongs". You are literally asking for the developers to go all the way back to pre all legendary items post gen1 (all armor, rings, backpacks, gen 2 weapons, accessories, amulets, runes and sigils) , then to revert the decision to make all of them account bound, to end up with trade able gen 2 weapons.

You aren't asking for consistency, you are asking for inconsistency and/or the "righting of previous wrongs" before the majority of legendary gear was introduced to the game, quite literally.

I see you ignored a huge part: Gen1 leggies is how it was supposed to be (tradable) a.k.a. original vision

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

I see you ignored a huge part: Gen1 leggies is how it was supposed to be (tradable) a.k.a. original vision

I see you didn't bother with actually reading what I wrote, given I explicitly made mention of that.

I mentioned that consistency would have been to stick with what all legendary gear since T1 weapons had in common: aka account bound. Or to revert a decision made ages ago and "right a previous wrong" as TC put it and make all legendary gear since not account bound.

49 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

The only reason they make gen2 account bound was the cry-river of "die hards" saying that credit card heroes can acquire these weapons.

Its 2022, who really cares about "prestige item"? i don't, and i crafted some gen2 legends.

make them all tradeable.

credit card heroes can acquire gen 2 aswell.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

The only reason they make gen2 account bound was the cry-river of "die hards" saying that credit card heroes can acquire these weapons.

Its 2022, who really cares about "prestige item"? i don't, and i crafted some gen2 legends.

make them all tradeable.

If you don't care about them, why do you want/need them to be tradeable? 🤔 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I see you didn't bother with actually reading what I wrote, given I explicitly made mention of that.

I mentioned that consistency would have been to stick with what all legendary gear since T1 weapons had in common: aka account bound. Or to revert a decision made ages ago and "right a previous wrong" as TC put it and make all legendary gear since not account bound.

I read it, it just made no sense, as you were comparing two different items

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

I read it, it just made no sense, as you were comparing two different items

I was quoting and responding to something topic creator said. I'm sure you read the quote too and were able to put it into context.

If you have an issue with unrelated things, take it up with him because it was he who brought them up.

Making some legendary weapons tradable helps the in game economy imo. When they are account bound, once the person crafts it, that's it, the demand for the materials for that legendary is lower than it was before. If the person is able to craft more, and sale them, then there will be a continued demand for those materials(good for some players), and some people will be buying gems to convert to gold(good for anet) in order to buy the legendary.

• Like 2