Trending: Don't Let Players Fire Skills While Running Away. Next Up, Necromancer MARKS, NERF THE MARKS,

Crab Fear.1624

Necromancers can use their marks while running away.

They target the ground behind them, while I'm on a melee class and make it hard to get to them and kill them.

By the time I'm caught up, half my CDs are gone, and I've got only half health.....

It really isn't fair.

I noticed that we want to change how players can kite and use skills behind them on engi and thief, so I wanted to make sure this OP class doesn't slide under the radar.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Nerf Scepter Ele while you're at it. 

Shatterstone, Dragons Tooth, Phoenix, Fracturing Strike, Lightning Strike, Comet, Fiery Frost, Stone Tide... 

All of these skills can be cast behind you

And then there's Earthen Synergy, which breaks all the rules. 

A stun that does damage? What is Anet thinking? This obviously slipped through the patch

and they don't even need to face you to land it. A LR scepter ele can superspeed away, stun you, and burst you all at the same time. Offense, defense and lockdown at the same time with no downside!

I probably should delete this message. Anet is probably salivating for an excuse to to nerf ele again

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Haha 3

Please stop this. There is a place for such skills, everyone should have such a skill that can be fired behind them. Should the effects be adjusted? Sure, if they need to be, but if it is an espec that overperforms with it and not core then focus on the espec not core.

Just nerf Holo but giving it increased damage taken based on heat level (max 15% increased damage taken), nerf Necro by reducing the damage reduction when in Death/Reaper Shroud (to 33% from 50%). Give proper tradeoffs to specs that routinely overperform despite nerfs to their core professions, and no, trading one F skill for another does not count, especially when it is a 1 for 5 trade.

Give targeted buffs to underperforming specs a little at a time until a proper balance is reached. A somewhat decent indicator of that would be a roughly equal representation in Ranked PvP/MAT participation which anyone paying attention would know is way off right now.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

it's one thing if Skills with resources and/or CDs can be used behind you when running away. And another when Autoattacks can be. To me Grenade kit should let the 2-5 be castable behind, but AA should not. Same for mortar.

Necro staff, thief shortbow, would both be unbearable if their AA was castable without facing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Markri.9475 said:

it's one thing if Skills with resources and/or CDs can be used behind you when running away. And another when Autoattacks can be. To me Grenade kit should let the 2-5 be castable behind, but AA should not. Same for mortar.

Necro staff, thief shortbow, would both be unbearable if their AA was castable without facing.

*laughs in fire scepter autos*

12 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Necromancers can use their marks while running away.

They target the ground behind them, while I'm on a melee class and make it hard to get to them and kill them.

By the time I'm caught up, half my CDs are gone, and I've got only half health.....

It really isn't fair.

I noticed that we want to change how players can kite and use skills behind them on engi and thief, so I wanted to make sure this OP class doesn't slide under the radar.

Sure if you nerf all ground targeting among all classes, including Thief Shortbow.

What is with this idea that "if class A can't do X, then class B shouldn't do X either" ??

It's fine for some classes to have unique abilities or things they're stronger/weaker at.

Some nonsense with removing all damage from all hard-CC, or insisting that everything must have a trade-off.

3 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

*laughs in fire scepter autos*

Was not aware it works too, my comment was not meant to be about engis abilities specifically. But rather about AAs that don't require facing. If there are any other  Id add them to the chopping block aswell.

AAs are in general a decent part of pressure, when someone kites or does jumping puzzles, their pressure drops abit. If their AA however can still be used (at no penalty to their kiting) then their pressure also doesn't drop as significally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Markri.9475 said:

AAs are in general a decent part of pressure, when someone kites or does jumping puzzles, their pressure drops abit. If their AA however can still be used (at no penalty to their kiting) then their pressure also doesn't drop as significally.

Than add superspeed ontop of this and you've got a Holo or Scrapper that can maintain a safe distance from you and pelt you with grenade autos forever with no penalty! 

Edited by Bailios.7518
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Please stop this. There is a place for such skills, everyone should have such a skill that can be fired behind them. Should the effects be adjusted? Sure, if they need to be, but if it is an espec that overperforms with it and not core then focus on the espec not core.

Just nerf Holo but giving it increased damage taken based on heat level (max 15% increased damage taken), nerf Necro by reducing the damage reduction when in Death/Reaper Shroud (to 33% from 50%). Give proper tradeoffs to specs that routinely overperform despite nerfs to their core professions, and no, trading one F skill for another does not count, especially when it is a 1 for 5 trade.

Give targeted buffs to underperforming specs a little at a time until a proper balance is reached. A somewhat decent indicator of that would be a roughly equal representation in Ranked PvP/MAT participation which anyone paying attention would know is way off right now.

Been saying this for ages......losing trash core F5 for OP holoforge or gyro is not a bloody tradeoff!!! 

They nerfed soulbeast to hell saying that it was core ranger 2.0...good point but Holo and scrappers are like core engi 3.0 so when are they gonna nerf them properly?

It's not like they give a kitten about core balance (look sadly at ele in the corner)

• Confused 3

16 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Shatterstone, Dragons Tooth, Phoenix, Fracturing Strike, Lightning Strike, Comet, Fiery Frost, Stone Tide... 

A stun that does damage? What is Anet thinking? This obviously slipped through the patch

and they don't even need to face you to land it. A LR scepter ele can superspeed away, stun you, and burst you all at the same time. Offense, defense and lockdown at the same time with no downside!

I probably should delete this message. Anet is probably salivating for an excuse to to nerf ele again

You can't nerf what nobody uses...and....gawd..haha...LR scepter?? what is this?...2012? Are we seriously comparing marks spam to scepter ele?...OK I am done!

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You can't nerf what nobody uses...and....gawd..haha...LR scepter?? what is this?...2012? Are we seriously comparing marks spam to scepter ele?...OK I am done!

It's a broken mechanic man! Offense defense and superspeeding away at the same time with no downside, with a healthy sprinkling of CC's missing the Februrary patch. 

In all seriousness what I said should have sounded rediculous because it was. It was done to point out the flaws in other's logic, so your reaction is appropriate. 

21 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

You can do everything but Arc Lighting which is essentially the skill that should because you're suppose hold the channel in between Attunements.

I would rather lose all the skills for that rather than what it is right now for proper FA usage.

Edited by Shao.7236