new Aurene wings are nauseating

11 hours ago, crepuscular.9047 said:

does anyone else experience nausea when seeing the new Aurene wings? I don't have it, but the other night when i was running around in wvw a charr had it on, and i was getting a headache and feeling nauseating from the seeing the stereoscopic effects.

Yes, I'm very sensitive to flashy visual effects and will easily get a headache and feel dizzy and nauseous.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I went to check the effects that was applied on aurene model, because I do not recall I felt disoriented when I looked at aurene before
https://i.imgur.com/zgujrMn.jpg

I think it's because the steroscopic image does not stack very close to the object

and when aurene moves the stereoscopic image does not move immediately with it the object, there is slight delay, creating a large gap between the object and the stereoscopic images(?)

... it's rather distressing that you are force to see the effect because other players that shows up on your screen having it on

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Everything in this game is too flashy migraine inducing. I mean other games have effects but the layering is different or the opaqueness. This games effects are like looking at lasers shooting through crystals that have had a layer of rainbows laid over them all on top of a glass floor. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/1/2022 at 11:47 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The effect on items has been around for quite some time.  I know I've had it on gloves on a character for years. 

not sure which glove you are referring to that have the stereoscopic effect, but it is much smaller on screen; plus it would be forward facing most of the time (from toon), maybe that's why I havent noticed it.

but a backpack wing is much larger in size, especially when a player happens to to run around onto your screen, which can become huge.

5 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

Everything in this game is too flashy migraine inducing. I mean other games have effects but the layering is different or the opaqueness. This games effects are like looking at lasers shooting through crystals that have had a layer of rainbows laid over them all on top of a glass floor. 

the effects by themselves are ok, but when there's loads of players hitting on a single target that have bright effects then yeah

... but not to the point where it gives my eyes troubles; not exactly sure if was infusions, but i remember i came across a player that had a certain infusion combination that made him look extremely bright that i had to turn my camera around

but i personally i would not say my biological reaction to bright light is not as worse as these aurene wings

these reminded me of when i was trying out the Nintendo 3DS back when it came out, but not making me as sick as the 3DS

I have nothing against the artistic style for the wings, but hope the arts team could have chosen an effect that have less chances to trigger a bodily reaction; just like they had chosen to dropping spider as mount that may trigger arachnophobia for some players

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Thanks 1

In sPvP we have the option of telling the game to tone down everyone's crazy, gimmicky outfits into something more befitting the game's own aesthetic. I'd love for the option to be available for all the rest of the game too. 

A dragon-winged fairy Charr in a bright pink tutu with sparkles radiating from his tail flanked by a demon-winged Asura glowing pure starlight on the one side and a bat-winged Norn in a Marvel's Iron Man outfit on the other driving a Star Trek Pod Racer essentially negates the cohesion of the beautiful, well-designed game-world. 

Edited by Epilogue.4735
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, Epilogue.4735 said:

In sPvP we have the option of telling the game to tone down everyone's crazy, gimmicky outfits into something more befitting the game's own aesthetic. I'd love for the option to be available for all the rest of the game too. 

A dragon-winged fairy Charr in a bright pink tutu with sparkles radiating from his tail flanked by a demon-winged Asura glowing pure starlight on the one side and a bat-winged Norn in a Marvel's Iron Man outfit on the other driving a Star Trek Pod Racer essentially negates the cohesion of the beautiful, well-designed game-world. 

Indubitably.  Its why I play Conan Exiles and classic GW1 more often lately.

• Like 5

On 12/31/2021 at 2:37 AM, crepuscular.9047 said:

does anyone else experience nausea when seeing the new Aurene wings? I don't have it, but the other night when i was running around in wvw a charr had it on, and i was getting a headache and feeling nauseating from the seeing the stereoscopic effects.

Haven't seen anyone using them yet but I know what you're talking about.

The cerulean wand from the queensdale wand scepter skins has the same effect, and even though I like the color I had to go with the other version of the wand on one of my characters because that stereoscopic effect was bugging the crap out of me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2022 at 4:18 PM, Lynx.9058 said:

Haven't seen anyone using them yet but I know what you're talking about.

The cerulean wand from the queensdale wand scepter skins has the same effect, and even though I like the color I had to go with the other version of the wand on one of my characters because that stereoscopic effect was bugging the crap out of me.

the wand have a different effect, it doesn't have the stereoscopic effect (those images you use red/blue plastic lens glasses to see wih) like the frame of the aurene wings that's making me feeling sick

https://i.imgur.com/zgujrMn.jpg