Please add realistic physics

Paradoxoglanis.1904

6 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

If i knock someone back off a cliff, i dont want to see them travel the set distance then fall straight down. I want them to fly off into the distance like a projectile.

thanks

Let's just go all the way, make it so allies can push them back up with a reflect. 😛

Edited by Hannelore.8153

How about.... WHO CARES XD

more realistic.... BRUH we have stealth... we have some flippin roots coming from the ground and holding you in place....  there is a burning field on the ground!!! BARRELROLL THRU IT AND DONT GET HURT. A GIANT ARROW IS FLYING AT YOU.... its fine cuz it will hit the magical barrier infront of you called AEGIS.....  Realism is not what we need here...  arguably realistic ragdolls would be cool but i dont know if it is worth the effort.... i dont even think the engine is capable of that.

its a fantasy MMORPG not a Simulator. 😄

and how is that a topic for the WvW forum?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

While we're on the subject of realism, when a keep lord dies, their lands should rightly pass to their eldest male heir under agnatic succession.

The circle shouldn't appear until you've wiped out their entire dynasty

Edited by coro.3176
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, coro.3176 said:

While we're on the subject of realism, when a keep lord dies, their lands should rightly pass to their eldest male heir under agnatic succession.

In the land of Tyria, female heirs get everthing. 😛 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, coro.3176 said:

No keep lord has ever died. What, you never noticed they are impossible to stomp? They just fall over pretending to be dead and then get back up when you're finished play fighting.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 12:21 AM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

If i knock someone back off a cliff, i dont want to see them travel the set distance then fall straight down. I want them to fly off into the distance like a projectile.

thanks

Yes, let's introduce an additional way for aNet to mess up and release bugs!

• Haha 1

I'm all for this...as long as we can make it "realistic" when a ranger attacks a catapult, trebuchet, or golem with tiny little pointy sticks...instead of destroying the siege in 10-15 seconds, it takes them hours if not days to kill the catapult/trebuchet...and months to take down a mechanical, metal bodysuit. 🤣

31 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Sounds like boomer talk innit. But did it used to work like that ? 🤔

I remember shortly after release when we ended up in literally a ~2h fight over an enemy garrison. Just one continous fight. The lord was ressed like 30+ times by banner warriors. And every 3m of course ewp "popped" since waypoints opened for a couple of seconds between contests. Ultimately we stopped more due to exhaustion than actually loosing.

4 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I remember shortly after release when we ended up in literally a ~2h fight over an enemy garrison. Just one continous fight. The lord was ressed like 30+ times by banner warriors. And every 3m of course ewp "popped" since waypoints opened for a couple of seconds between contests. Ultimately we stopped more due to exhaustion than actually loosing.

Sheesh, that 2 hour fight does sound pretty fun though...

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

During the first tournament, there was a reset were both servers were attacking Blackgates garrison for 3 time zones. All the wall/gates down, get a 6+ hour fight in lords room. It was actually nuts. 

Different time. I also remember groups being fine trebbing a keep for their entire 3 hour rally just to open the keep for the next time zone.