Please add realistic physics

Paradoxoglanis.1904

On 1/29/2022 at 8:59 AM, LSD.4673 said:

Enable player clipping too, please. No more ghosts runnings through each other. 

Solves the zerg problem, the stacking problem, and would be utterly hilarious.

Warhammer online had player collision, it caused A LOT of lag, but the best part was the line of Tanks wielding shields you had to break through after the door went down. And you had to break through this line, since you couldn't just ghost through them. 
Honestly some of the best sieges I've ever seen was in that game, it had the best mass scale stuff besides the intense lag. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Warhammer online had player collision, it caused A LOT of lag, but the best part was the line of Tanks wielding shields you had to break through after the door went down. And you had to break through this line, since you couldn't just ghost through them. 
Honestly some of the best sieges I've ever seen was in that game, it had the best mass scale stuff besides the intense lag. 

And just in case anyone has forgotten it GW2 already have player collisions. But unfortunetly its an option disabled by default.

Thats why its so sad that we havent seen an event with collisions and friendly fire enabled at once. We have the technology but Anet doesnt want to and I cant imagine why.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

And just in case anyone has forgotten it GW2 already have player collisions. But unfortunetly its an option disabled by default.

Thats why its so sad that we havent seen an event with collisions and friendly fire enabled at once. We have the technology but Anet doesnt want to and I cant imagine why.

Likely because of what the other guy said: lag. Anet hasn't got a good track record of "responsive servers". I guess player collision would turn Stonemist into a '20s slapstic film.

Would be super awesome though. The "phalanx" charr at the end of Drizzlewood who hit you with knockback when you get near are the closest we'll see.

• Like 1