Bad expasion for a pvp player.

Exile.8160

I was expecting more along the lines of "all the elite specs cater to PvE more than pvp/WvW and catalyst in particular seems like it was designed at the last minute"

Lol you really thought they would add anything to pvp/WvW with the expac

Will be another 2-3 yrs before they even release a balance patch at this rate ^-^

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

Well, I have bad news for you. Not much has been done for PvP in the last years. A new expansion brings new elites that can be played in PvP so there, content for PvP, done.

So pvp player only deserve elite spec as content? Something you all get by default.

Then when we complain we are bad or at fault?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Exile.8160 said:

So pvp player only deserve elite spec as content? Something you all get by default.

Then when we complain we are bad or at fault?

Of course not. Of course a new map or new modes would be great for PvP and more so for the players really into this game mode. But ANet has pretty much abandoned PvP years ago along with WvW, so many variants of instanced PvE and many other things. It's just odd that this comes up now. I was under the assumption that everyone knew that not much would be happening for PvP, so all we could hope for in this regard are the elites and that they will bring something new to PvP.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

PvP isn't my thing, but I can understand why it is for some and why a lack of PvP stuff in EoD's promo material might be a bummer. You do get new specs with EoD, but a Canthan-themed competitive map could have been interesting for the PvP crowd to chew on. Expansions are kind of a big deal for MMOs, so if your primary game mode gets nothing with an expansion what are you supposed to feel other than disappointment?

Right now it seems like they're scrambling to the finish line to get EoD out, but if they put things for PvP and WvW on their post-EoD roadmap, I think that'd be good. We know we'll get PvE no matter what, so there's no harm in doing things here and there for other parts of the game as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

PvP isn't my thing, but I can understand why it is for some and why a lack of PvP stuff in EoD's promo material might be a bummer. You do get new specs with EoD, but a Canthan-themed competitive map could have been interesting for the PvP crowd to chew on. Expansions are kind of a big deal for MMOs, so if your primary game mode gets nothing with an expansion what are you supposed to feel other than disappointment?

Right now it seems like they're scrambling to the finish line to get EoD out, but if they put things for PvP and WvW on their post-EoD roadmap, I think that'd be good. We know we'll get PvE no matter what, so there's no harm in doing things here and there for other parts of the game as well.

Thank you,  normally I get hate for even daring to mentioning EoD and Pvp so its nice to see some people understanding our frustration.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Exile.8160 said:

Something you all get by default.

What do you mean "you all get"? You get exactly the same content everyone else does. The fact that you mage a  choice to limit yourself to a single gamemode is... well, your choice.

Pvp has easly way more pressing issues than just "getting something new with expansion".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What do you mean "you all get"? You get exactly the same content everyone else does. The fact that you mage a  choice to limit yourself to a single gamemode is... well, your choice.

Pvp has easly way more pressing issues than just "getting something new with expansion".

Sorry? For wanting something for pvp in the upcoming expansion? (Sarcasm)

Ty for proving my point tho, we cant ask or speak our minds for anything pvp related without being blame or accuse of something.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Exile.8160 said:

Sorry? For wanting something for pvp in the upcoming expansion? (Sarcasm)

Ty for proving my point tho, we cant ask or speak our minds for anything pvp related without being blame or accuse of something.

Where did I say anything like that? (no sarcasm)

And btw, I wouldn't comment that way if this thread was in pvp subforum from the start, but that's not where you've created it, it just got moved here after my post (or after your response, can't be sure about the exact timing) 🤷‍♂️ 

Either way, this point remains all the same: Pvp has easly way more pressing issues than just "getting something new with expansion".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

The only hope is that devs will drop the concept of FoTM rerollers, which creates an artificial appearance of interest for those who jump between meta builds. If this concept is not abandoned, everything will be the same as it was and you will wonder why some things are nerfed and other things are buffed, thinking that the players who talk about it on the forum are to blame.
Therefore, it is better to move away from such a system (today there are four necro, tomorrow five mirages, in a month six heralds in one match and one build,  etc).

Edit: 

P. S. gw2 wanted to be individual, but fell into the same artificial retention of interest trap as all MMOs. Therefore, to restore balance appears the opposite effect - exhaustion.

The macro game can be unimaginably deep, but the real depth starts where the ego ends, because the ego has limits because of the evaluation and reasoning. Funny paradox.

Edited by DomHemingway.8436
  • Confused 1

Even if they'd regularly balance content, it's not wise to expect new maps since the formula gets old quickly. At best missing game modes like KOTH, CTF or even payload for what we care could be a fun twist to the otherwise very decisive aspect of the game already being rounded well enough with Conquest, as much as some may find it boring, works well enough.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Sounds like some reskinned ranger/necromancer, fun.

but way worse, people were losing their mind when ranger bugs allowed the pets to do one attack of large damage,

well unless it gets seriously nerfed mechanist is like that, but all of the time.

its like having a zerker player in your pocket.